• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Not being funny but Man U just played an epic (and I would imagine incredibly draining) game against Real Madrid. For me the first 15 minutes was the true team performance and after that tiredness really started to set in. By the end they were hanging on and you've gotta be glad they're still in the cup. But come on guys - how physically and emotionally draining do you think Tuesday was? And remember that they were playing a side full of superstars, who were fresh, and playing for the only thing they can win this season. Chelsea are European champions and have players who would walk into United's side - not some Sunday league team - you can't just sweep everyone aside. Give the team a break eh?

Jeez....

Not being funny but Man U just played an epic (and I would imagine incredibly draining) game against Real Madrid. For me the first 15 minutes was the true team performance and after that tiredness really started to set in. By the end they were hanging on and you've gotta be glad they're still in the cup. But come on guys - how physically and emotionally draining do you think Tuesday was? And remember that they were playing a side full of superstars' date=' who were fresh, and playing for the only thing they can win this season. Chelsea are European champions and have players who would walk into United's side - not some Sunday league team - you can't just sweep everyone aside. Give the team a break eh?

Jeez....[/quote']

Chelsea had come back from a physically draining match on Thursday in Romania, so United should count themselves lucky they had 2 days extra rest and didn't have to do all that travelling.

Don't think you can use tiredness as an excuse in this situation.

Chelsea had come back from a physically draining match on Thursday in Romania' date=' so United should count themselves lucky they had 2 days extra rest and didn't have to do all that travelling.

Don't think you can use tiredness as an excuse in this situation.[/quote']

I take your point - but on watching the game can you really deny that Man U looked shattered by the end? And Chelsea looked fresher?

Man U's game with Real Madrid was very intense in so many ways and very pressured. Not sure you can say the same about Chelsea's in Romania - of the two games Chelsea played this week I imagine todays was far far more important for them. Bucarest in the Europa League? Or Man U in the FA cup?Christ even BENAYOUN played on Thursday!!!

Anyway, tiredness aside I still think that it's a valid point that you can't expect to boss every game, and that Chelsea are a better team than some people give them credit for. Do you deny that they have quite a few players that would walk into the Man U team? Just think it's amazing the way they are being slated on here to be honest

I take your point - but on watching the game can you really deny that Man U looked shattered by the end? And Chelsea looked fresher?

Man U's game with Real Madrid was very intense in so many ways and very pressured. Not sure you can say the same about Chelsea's in Romania - of the two games Chelsea played this week I imagine todays was far far more important for them. Bucarest in the Europa League? Or Man U in the FA cup?Christ even BENAYOUN played on Thursday!!!

Anyway' date=' tiredness aside I still think that it's a valid point that you can't expect to boss every game, and that Chelsea are a better team than some people give them credit for. Do you deny that they have quite a few players that would walk into the Man U team? Just think it's amazing the way they are being slated on here to be honest[/quote']

I agree but I put it down to Rafa making better subs than what Fergie did. I think the slating goes down to the way the game went, always disappointing to drop leads.

No ways use should of won' date=' if anything United should of won but a draw in the end seems fair.[/quote']

I think most people would and already have disagreed with you in all honesty.

It was all Chelsea that second half and they had by far the better chances.

A draw is probably fair when you take the first half into consideration though, i agree.

I think most people would and already have disagreed with you in all honesty.

It was all Chelsea that second half and they had by far the better chances.

A draw is probably fair when you take the first half into consideration though' date=' i agree.[/quote']

It was a game of two halves really. Absolutely battered them during the first 25 minutes or so and then just went complacent. Can't count the number of misplaced or stray passes. United could have finished them off completely but instead kept inviting them and were bound concede. Easily one of the poorest second half performances I've seen. Physically and mentally drained out. And judging by the late barrage of attacks they had, United were lucky to escape with a draw.

Hopefully, a week's rest would rejuvenate the boys and up for a better showing next weekend.

It was a great save from De Gea.No ways use should of won' date=' if anything United should of won but a draw in the end seems fair.[/i']smileys-hugs-321431.gif

Chelsea should have won - anyone who says different should be called Cuneyt Cakir, for being unable to see the blatantly obvious

Lol please don't tell me you arent serious?

Even the most ardent of Utd fans would admit we should have won.

I'm thinking that he means we should be winning any game in which we go 2-0 up in. By the end we were lucky to escape with a replay.

As you say, both teams will be content with the draw for very different reasons.

Lol please don't tell me you arent serious?

Even the most ardent of Utd fans would admit we should have won.

Momentum is a huge factor in these games, you lot were unlucky to snatch it at the end, while we we unlucky to be out of sight by half time. All in all, a draw is fair.

Just swung by to give an update on Michael Keane.

He's played 16 games for the club now over the course of a few months, and it's clear to see that he's a fantastic talent. He started off a little slowly but he's now playing some absolutely brilliant football and it's lovely to watch him progress and develop.

The best thing about him is his composure. He's so composed with the ball at his feet, he has a cracking eye for a pass and it's this which will set him ahead of other CBs his age in my opinion. Very rarely does he just lump it or misplace a pass, he doesn't want to go long and it's great to see. He's improved in the air over such a short space of time, he still needs to put on some muscle but he's more than a match for the divisions best strikers. He's not that fast but positionally he's exceptional so is usually in the right place. Still gets turned too easily at times but that will come.

His 3 goals also demonstrate a knack for goals, he's keen (hehe) to get his head on the ball at corners and could easily have added to his three.

Overall, if he keeps up this rate of development then I really can see him becoming a regular for Utd and England.

Peace out.

Michael-Keane-Leicester_2913853.jpg

Celebrating after his goal away at Cardiff yesterday.

He's played 16 games for the club now over the course of a few months' date=' and it's clear to see that he's a fantastic talent. He started off a little slowly but he's now playing some absolutely brilliant football and it's lovely to watch him progress and develop.

The best thing about him is his composure. He's so composed with the ball at his feet, he has a cracking eye for a pass and it's this which will set him ahead of other CBs his age in my opinion. Very rarely does he just lump it or misplace a pass, he doesn't want to go long and it's great to see. He's improved in the air over such a short space of time, he still needs to put on some muscle but he's more than a match for the divisions best strikers. He's not that fast but positionally he's exceptional so is usually in the right place. Still gets turned too easily at times but that will come.

His 3 goals also demonstrate a knack for goals, he's keen (hehe) to get his head on the ball at corners and could easily have added to his three.

Overall, if he keeps up this rate of development then I really can see him becoming a regular for Utd and England.

Peace out.

[center']Michael-Keane-Leicester_2913853.jpg

Celebrating after his goal away at Cardiff yesterday.[/center]

Good to hear mate, been reading what Leicester fans have been saying in the Twittersphere and they echo what you're saying. Hit a massive growth spurt last year, so is slowly building and bulking himself up to balance himself out, but definitely one of the better prospects that we have close to breaking to the first team.

Hoping to see him on pre-season tour again this year and then provide some back up to the first team, but with our plethora of centre backs (Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Smalling, Jones) could be difficult for him to break into the squad! Has the technical ability to play as a full back, dont think he has the pace or sharp turning necessary though.

Hopefully Will Keane will be back soon too as be lovely to see he and Michael get a chance in the first team next year.

He's played 16 games for the club now over the course of a few months' date=' and it's clear to see that he's a fantastic talent. He started off a little slowly but he's now playing some absolutely brilliant football and it's lovely to watch him progress and develop.

Peace out.

[center']Michael-Keane-Leicester_2913853.jpg

Celebrating after his goal away at Cardiff yesterday.[/center]

Nice update mate. Do you think a season long loan deal in a PL team would be better before he's brought in to the Starting XI? And any idea about Will's injury update?

Good to hear mate' date=' been reading what Leicester fans have been saying in the Twittersphere and they echo what you're saying. Hit a massive growth spurt last year, so is slowly building and bulking himself up to balance himself out, but definitely one of the better prospects that we have close to breaking to the first team.

Hoping to see him on pre-season tour again this year and then provide some back up to the first team, but with our plethora of centre backs (Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Smalling, Jones) could be difficult for him to break into the squad! Has the technical ability to play as a full back, dont think he has the pace or sharp turning necessary though.

Hopefully Will Keane will be back soon too as be lovely to see he and Michael get a chance in the first team next year.[/quote']

He's definitely more a CB than a full back for me. While I'm sure he could do a more than competent job at full back (as a defensive one rather than one flying down the wing all the time) he's a natural ball-playing centre back and should stay that way. This is his first spell as a regular and I'm surprised at just how easily he's taken to the Championship, although it does help that he has big Wes alongside him. Regardless of whether we go up, he needs to be playing Premier League football next year for his development. Fingers crossed it's with us!

Nice update mate. Do you think a season long loan deal in a PL team would be better before he's brought in to the Starting XI? And any idea about Will's injury update?

Yes, and that seems to be Fergie's way of doing things too. He's too good for the Championship, give him a year in the Premier League as a regular for a lower team and he should be good to go at United. And why would I know anything about Will's injury? I'm not exactly close to the Keane's, I just watch Michael play at Leicester ;)

He's definitely more a CB than a full back for me. While I'm sure he could do a more than competent job at full back (as a defensive one rather than one flying down the wing all the time) he's a natural ball-playing centre back and should stay that way. This is his first spell as a regular and I'm surprised at just how easily he's taken to the Championship' date=' although it does help that he has big Wes alongside him. Regardless of whether we go up, he needs to be playing Premier League football next year for his development. Fingers crossed it's with us!

Yes, and that seems to be Fergie's way of doing things too. He's too good for the Championship, give him a year in the Premier League as a regular for a lower team and he should be good to go at United. And why would I know anything about Will's injury? [b']I'm not exactly close to the Keane's, I just watch Michael play at Leicester[/b] ;)

Haha. Was just curious to know. My bad. Thanks :)