Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Well done' date=' have a biscuit... ;)

Seriously think this is a bad move... Evra will be **** next season (only masked this season's dreadful performances by United outscoring opponents and scoring a few himself), Vidic will again be injured along with Rio... We could do with a LB and a CB/DM[/quote']

What the hell?

He's been one of our finest players this season. One who actually wanted to win the game on Monday night.

I myself thought It's the end of Evra last summer as he's getting old and all, but he seemed to find a new gear this season, and is in the form of his life!

Well done' date=' have a biscuit... ;)

Seriously think this is a bad move... Evra will be **** next season (only masked this season's dreadful performances by United outscoring opponents and scoring a few himself), Vidic will again be injured along with Rio... We could do with a LB and a CB/DM[/quote']

Dont say like that they would be injured :P

We have got Buttner and Fabio as Reserves and I think that Buttner can be immense in the future

I think that our only option in the LB department in Baines who is already 27.He may have some very good years in him but that would mark the end of Butter and Fabio

Would have Taken Alba when he was at Valencia without caring about Buttner or Fabio..:P

I quite like Welbeck when he's up front. He plays there for the national side and has a pretty fine scoring rate against decent sides too. Always puts in maximum effort too which really helped you in the games against Madrid this season.

I doubt you'll get Falcao' date=' simply because you're already loaded with strikers. That and you like to buy players with resale value (RVP was an exception) and with Falcao you'd be buying the finished product.

[b']That is, unless someone big is making an exit this summer - Rooney perhaps[/b].

This was my first thought but we have SAF word that he wont be leaving in the summer.

This was my first thought but we have SAF word that he wont be leaving in the summer.

Fergie tells fibs about transfers all the time.

I think Evra's had a good season but that's because nobody has attacked him (no good RWs in the PL), allowing him to be judged pretty much entirely on his ability going forwards, which is excellent. Milner in RAM was our best player on Monday and Evra had next to no impact against Madrid when up against Di Maria.

I don't think Buttner's good at all and an Evra replacement may be more critical next season.

Just to throw in my own two cents.

Massive Welbeck fan, to claim he has no ability is ludicrous if you watch him every week. Somehow I really doubt that Sir Alex and Roy Hodgson are consistently selecting the "worst player in the premier league" :rolleyes:

Can't see any Falcao deal realistically.

Evra been quality this year, can only defend against who is put in front of you and 90% of the time he had done it with aplomb.

Buttner is atrocious as a left back, good in left wing, no defensive sense or composure. Maybe it's to early to judge composure and positioning with how quickly Rafa came on after a season or two in the first team..

Haven't the foggiest what Sir Alex plans to do regarding our wingers, unless he has a trick up his sleeve.

Probably posted these here but a few posts from some more learned Reds than most here

http://strettynews.com/why-we-need-to-be-longsighted-over-welbeck/

http://www.stretford-end.com/2013/01/in-defence-of-danny-welbeck/

I am a united fans.

Somehow I believe Rooney have probability to leave this summer...

History told us that Sir Alex did the same for RvN' date=' Beckham.

But in my opinions, it's better to keep Rooney... :D :D[/quote']

As a United fan i hope he stays.

What the hell?

He's been one of our finest players this season. One who actually wanted to win the game on Monday night.

I myself thought It's the end of Evra last summer as he's getting old and all' date=' but he seemed to find a new gear this season, and is in the form of his life![/quote']

Completely agree with this, the past couple of years Evra's performances had dropped massively, seemed to get a bit too comfortable.

But this season I think he's really picked it up, a lot more urgency about him when it come to defending, and he's always linked up well with whoever plays down that left side with him.

Think it's too early too really see how Buttner will do, he's not featured enough. But his arrival certainly seems too have had a positive effect on Evra.

Fergie could be saying this purely to bump up any offers that come in. It does pain me to say it, but I don't think it would be the end of the world if Rooney left. Whilst he's obviously a top player, he's too in and out of games to be considered up there with the best in the world.

He would be a loss, but if his departure paves the way for the box to box midfielder that we need then i'd be happy enough.

Also think we need something different on the wings. Nani has to go, his performance against City the other night was one of the worst I've ever seen. Young's an average player and Valencia seems to have hit a wall.

I'd love a proper winger in, no nonsense. Quick, can beat people and deliver a decent ball.

SkyBet now make United favourites to sign Falcao at 2/1, with Chelsea his next most likely destination at 5/1 (Madrid also 5/1, City 13/2).

United are also favourites to land ...

Angel Di Maria (13/8 United, 12/1 Arsenal)

Ronaldo (15/8 United, PSG 2/1)

Very nice in an ideal world, However.... WE NEED A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER!!!!!!!!!!! (or two)

I hope the fact the Falcao rumours have only started to take off once i posted it on here isn't lost upon any of you.

Again pal... Falcao rumours were published in the 'papers' section on ManUtd.com, then prior to your post, someone mentioned it on here too.

Furthermore, you might be lying! :eek:;)

Again pal... Falcao rumours were published in the 'papers' section on ManUtd.com' date=' then prior to your post, someone mentioned it on here too.

Furthermore, you might be lying! :eek:;)[/quote']

I've not seen either of those so therefore i got there first. Even then, if i were beaten to the punch, they still didn't take off til i had my say.

I've not seen either of those so therefore i got there first. Even then' date=' if i were beaten to the punch, they still didn't take off til i had my say.[/quote']

Wrong...

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2526912&postcount=27198

This initial post started the whole debate, including Welbeck not being good enough for United should he play wing should Falcao arrive, and then after it was discussed you again mentioned Falcao like it was breaking news, so you get 0 credit. Sorry pal :(

Very good game with West Ham and Manchester United.

Second goal for you was offside but i can kinda understand why the linesman didn't raise.

I feel ferguson should of gave us a little credit for giving you a proper game throughout.

West Ham defended well and Jussi was in form once again!

Rooney shouldn't of stamped on Carrolls foot so deserved to get knocked to ground but the De Gea incident was an accident and he didn't deserve to get run into but atleast he is okay.

Vidic should stop moaning and just play the game.Carroll said sorry and he just kept acting like a child.

Anyway very good game United :)

You have still won the league.