Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Did any body can tell me, why some Man City fans reckon Ryan Giggs came from Man City Academy (Youth Career) ?

Coz, i only knew that Giggs came through the United Academy as SAF personally entered Giggs into Academy at age 14 and then he had his first United 1st team fixture at age 17 and has been on 1st squad ever since.

Did any body can tell me' date=' why some Man City fans reckon Ryan Giggs came from Man City Academy (Youth Career) ?

Coz, i only knew that Giggs came through the United Academy as SAF personally entered Giggs into Academy at age 14 and then he had his first United 1st team fixture at age 17 and has been on 1st squad ever since.[/quote']

He was a trainee with City for a year I think, if even, never signed any forms or anything and then went to United. Some I'm sure say we poached him, stole their talent etc etc.

He was a trainee with City for a year I think' date=' if even, never signed any forms or anything and then went to United. Some I'm sure say we poached him, stole their talent etc etc.[/quote']

Well he was at City for a year, then went to you.

If the glove fits :P

Did any body can tell me' date=' why some Man City fans reckon Ryan Giggs came from Man City Academy (Youth Career) ?

Coz, i only knew that Giggs came through the United Academy as SAF personally entered Giggs into Academy at age 14 and then he had his first United 1st team fixture at age 17 and has been on 1st squad ever since.[/quote']

Lol this is a famous story.I can't remember exactly but the story goes that Giggs was in the Man City youth system and that Fergie turned up on the door step of his house with a new pair of boots and talked him into signing with Utd.

This maybe a bit of an urban myth so I apologise if I'm incorrect.

Lol this is a famous story.I can't remember exactly but the story goes that Giggs was in the Man City youth system and that Fergie turned up on the door step of his house with a new pair of boots and talked him into signing with Utd.

I read this too... but can't remember it exactly... so here goes:

Both City and United scouts were looking at Giggs, who at that time weren't playing for either. Apparently a deal was verbally agreed between City officials and Giggs' family and on a certain date (forgot) in the evening the City officials were due to meet with Ryan and his father at their house. But somehow Fergie caught scent and turned up at the house around noon with all the paper work and did the deal there and then, so Giggs became a United player ;)

(apologies if you think I'm wrong, I usually have a terrible memory so this rendition may be a little bit inaccurate :o)

Come to think of that I remember hearing that story many years ago, I must of been about 5 and thinking to myself "well he ain't no Lee Sharpe!!"

Come to think of that I remember hearing that story many years ago' date=' I must of been about 5 and thinking to myself "well he ain't no Lee Sharpe!!"[/quote']

And you where right he wasn't a Lee Sharpe....in fact it was Ryan that probably finished him at Utd well that and the boozing!!!

Sharpe had the ability but his attitude was pathetic (read his autobiography).

He could still have made it as a long term left back for us had his attitude been apt.

A cracking player and a massive waste of talent not really sure he would of made it long term at left back though as he was too attack minded.

If he ever looks back at his career he must have some serious regrets.

A cracking player and a massive waste of talent not really sure he would of made it long term at left back though as he was too attack minded.

If he ever looks back at his career he must have some serious regrets.

Would have been interesting to see as even Fergie said he could of been one of the best lb's in the world ( think the likes of cafu, carlos etc at the time where the attacking full back was the in thing ).

He must look at Giggs now and see what could have been....

Would have been interesting to see as even Fergie said he could of been one of the best lb's in the world ( think the likes of cafu' date=' carlos etc at the time where the attacking full back was the in thing ).

He must look at Giggs now and see what could have been....[/quote']

A family ruining, cheat of an old man with no respect outside of the game...........envious he must be :P;)

A family ruining' date=' cheat of an old man with no respect outside of the game...........envious he must be :P;)[/quote']

John Terry? Wrong thread

Lee Sharp to make a comeback and take Giggs place on the bench

Manchester United New,

Rio Ferdinand,

Rio Ferdinand has signed a new one year contract extension.Incoming manager Moyes approved Alex Ferguson’s recommendation that the veteran defender deserved a new deal for playing a key role in the club’s Premier League title triumph.

Rooney Stays?

David Gill has confirmed Wayne Rooney will remain with the club after doubt over his future.

I think this one if far from over.