Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

some United News:

Vidic Staying - Good news

also

(copied from Transfer Clockwatch)

Another tale from the tabloids is that Anderson has reportedly been told he can leave Manchester United after a furious bust-up with Sir Alex Ferguson.

(above came from Daily Mirror, dont know much about lying papers, so i choose to ignore above, for now)

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

:o Nah that's not true' date=' theres no way that could be true. I hope :([/quote']

Seems dead strange, first the Carrick stories, now this with Anderson, we're gonna be left with Scholes and Giggs playing every game at this rate! :eek: (and that will probably finish the ol' geezers off!)

Hopefully it's just a whole loada bs, which it probably is seeing the Community Shield was over 2 weeks ago, and the story has only surfaced now. tbh, I wouldn't bet against it being a build-up to a transfer story that'll be printed tomorrow, United linked with a CM, after furious bust-up means Anderson will be leaving the club. Sneider anyone? :rolleyes:

Ya plus he played against Burnley and Played decent and I don't no what the Daily Mirror are on about. Plus he will prob feature against Arsenal this Saturday( I hope :P). I would love it if United bought Sneijder with Van der Vaart. They would cost about £25m together and we would have one of the strongest midfield sides in England. :rolleyes: why can't Fergie see that ? or Riquelme for £5m even though he wouldn't leave he would fill the missing links in Midfield.

Ya plus he played against Burnley and Played decent and I don't no what the Daily Mirror are on about. Plus he will prob feature against Arsenal this Saturday( I hope :P). I would love it if United bought Sneijder with Van der Vaart. They would cost about £25m together and we would have one of the strongest midfield sides in England. :rolleyes: why can't Fergie see that ? or Riquelme for £5m even though he wouldn't leave he would fill the missing links in Midfield.

Problem with buying the pair of them is that you're paying 25m for a pair of players who are probably at their peak and are not guaranteed football at United. They cannot be improved to the extent of the young signings Fergie brings in for big money, so therefore, in his eyes they probably don't represent good value. ;)

Tbh I wouldn't really want them, Sneijder and VDV coming in would only limit opportunities for the likes of Gibson and Tosic to get game time, and if United could put a full strength side out, Sneijder or VDV probably wouldn't get into that team.

If any I'd take VDV to maybe try on the left and try to keep Nani on top of his game, but we've no need whatsoever for Sneijder at the minute. They would probably make the squad stronger, but for that money you'd want them to be 1st team regulars.

Curious how Carrick hasn't even made the bench twice this season' date=' and played poorly in the other showing. Same with Anderson, he was invisible in that wide position on Wednesday.[/quote']

yeah Ando sucks out wide. The only time he played there for us before he was taken off in 5 mins

Curious how Carrick hasn't even made the bench twice this season' date=' and played poorly in the other showing. Same with Anderson, he was invisible in that wide position on Wednesday.[/quote']

Not so sure about Carrick, but you can't really blame Anderson, he's took one for the team to play wide, and it's clear from his showing that he's not comfortable out wide.

Maybe with the run of fixtures we've got he's keeping Carrick in cotton wool for the time being, as he's probably the most important person in the midfield this season.

Next 3 games are:

Arsenal (H)

Spurs (A)

Citeh (H)

So tbh, I can see Carrick starting all 3 of those games.

Not so sure about Carrick' date=' but you can't really blame Anderson, he's took one for the team to play wide, and it's clear from his showing that he's not comfortable out wide.

Maybe with the run of fixtures we've got he's keeping Carrick in cotton wool for the time being, as he's probably the most important person in the midfield this season.

Next 3 games are:

Arsenal (H)

Spurs (A)

Citeh (H)

So tbh, I can see Carrick starting all 3 of those games.[/quote']

hope you right. Despite beating Wigan it's quite clear we need A passer in there. Fletchy and Scholes are not giving us that atm. We need either Carrick or Ando in there.

And just though I'd mention I saw no praise for Berba after Wigan game. When for me was fantastic.Basically setup Fletchers chance, then a lovely backheel for Scholes chance. Setup Rooney's 2nd. Scored 1 and dispossed a Wigan player for Owen's goal. Was fantastic imo

hope you right. Despite beating Wigan it's quite clear we need A passer in there. Fletchy and Scholes are not giving us that atm. We need either Carrick or Ando in there.

And just though I'd mention I saw no praise for Berba after Wigan game. When for me was fantastic.Basically setup Fletchers chance' date=' then a lovely backheel for Scholes chance. Setup Rooney's 2nd. Scored 1 and dispossed a Wigan player for Owen's goal. Was fantastic imo[/quote']

Agreed. Didn't see the game live but got a re-run, as I've been away at a wedding, so did teams etc on SM but no time for the forum I'm afraid.

Berba did look good, and the criticisms I aimed at him in pre-season, along the lines of, "when you play a pass out wide or to the forwards, make a run and get into the box and don't stand admiring the pass!" he's sorted out, as shown with the goal he scored, starting and finishing the move, which is what we need from him. I'm all for him coming deep to look for space, but he's got to break his neck to get on the end of things after he's linked the play. Looking forward to more of the same :D

We'll see where we are as a team come Saturday I guess, got a feeling it'll be a cracker!!

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

With the window fast approaching anyone think we need a new face ?

I do think were lacking tbh , we going to end up on relying on Rooney too much in games

Also people said were not going to miss Tevez we are ! , we simply dont have someone to come off the bench to make something happen (upfront atleast) ; Berbatov - so lazy at times especially when behind we may aswell have 10 players and Owen - who is an out to out striker so we'll depending on Macheda , Wellbeck

The person who i thought would be an excellent addition Rafael Van der Vart ; excellent player on par with Scholes in my opinion and with little paulie knocking on V D V could easily fill hes shoes .

We will then always have a creative influence in the centre of Midfeild who can get up and join the attack and with madrid wanting to sell ideal additon

Anyone else agree ? Does Fergie browse the forum ? :)

With the window fast approaching anyone think we need a new face ?

I do think were lacking tbh ' date=' we going to end up on relying on Rooney too much in games

Also people said were not going to miss Tevez we are ! , we simply dont have someone to come off the bench to make something happen (upfront atleast) ; Berbatov - so lazy at times especially when behind we may aswell have 10 players and Owen - who is an out to out striker so we'll depending on Macheda , Wellbeck

The person who i thought would be an excellent addition Rafael Van der Vart ; excellent player on par with Scholes in my opinion and with little paulie knocking on V D V could easily fill hes shoes .

We will then always have a creative influence in the centre of Midfeild who can get up and join the attack and with madrid wanting to sell ideal additon

Anyone else agree ? Does Fergie browse the forum ? :)[/quote']

i agree would like vdv to join

I think United need more creativity in the middle. Chelsea have Lampard, Liverpool have Gerrard and Arsenal have Fabregas. I'm not saying United's midfielders aren't good enough, they have great players, I rate Fletcher and Carrick highly, and Anderson's grown on me. Obviously Giggs and Scholes are still great players, too. But they're all generally quite defensive, and although they are good passers, none of them are in the mould of a Lampard or Gerrard. Ronaldo created so much cutting in from the right/left, and contributed so much going forward that this wasn't as clear in recent seasons, but now I think it will start to become more evident if they don't buy someone. I still tip them for the Premier League though :)

Dosen't VDV want to stay in Madrid due to his wife having cancer. So that rules him out. And if we wanted to sign him we would have done by now. Can't see anymore new signings. As for Tevez no one will miss that piece of .... Just had another cheap shot at Fergie.

Any truth in the paper talk about UTD wanting to off-load Anderson because of his attitude problems?

Any truth in the paper talk about UTD wanting to off-load Anderson because of his attitude problems?

no clue. Whenever Fergie spoke of Anderson on MUTV he spoke very well and highly of him. Hes the joker of the dressing room I hear. Don't think the rumours are true myself but who knows

no clue. Whenever Fergie spoke of Anderson on MUTV he spoke very well and highly of him. Hes the joker of the dressing room I hear. Don't think the rumours are true myself but who knows

Well, I've seen that this season United have been a very soft target for media speculation. Right from Benzema to Aguero and Ribery and not to forget San Iker have been linked with a move. And more recently Sneijder, Robben and Modric. I believe the tabloids are just cooking up issues. They even put up stories regarding Vida leaving. And now its Ando. Just plain rumors. And i won't be surprised if tomorrow they claim that Rooney will leave for Chelsea.! And we obviously know that it won't happen! NEVER!

Well' date=' I've seen that this season United have been a very soft target for media speculation. Right from Benzema to Aguero and Ribery and not to forget San Iker have been linked with a move. And more recently Sneijder, Robben and Modric. I believe the tabloids are just cooking up issues. They even put up stories regarding Vida leaving. And now its Ando. Just plain rumors. And i won't be surprised if tomorrow they claim that Rooney will leave for Chelsea.! And we obviously know that it won't happen! NEVER![/quote']

true. but wouldn't be too surprised if this wasn't a rumour. Will just have to wait and see. I mean I wouldn't be too pleased to be dropped in favour of Gibson and when played being played on the left. If it's true then loan him out or sell him. no point in spoiling his career.

Tosic scored a nice goal for the reserves. Close to the first team?

Anderson denies that he wants to quit United

Anderson has denied he wants to quit Manchester United but admitted he is frustrated at his lack of first-team opportunities so far this season.

The Brazilian midfielder's only start came in last week's defeat by Burnley - in an unfamiliar left-wing position - and he is reported to have clashed with boss Sir Alex Ferguson after being left out of the team for the Community Shield meeting with Chelsea earlier this month.

Anderson told the Daily Mail: "I believed that I would play in the Community Shield but that is forgotten now.

"I thought that, without Cristiano Ronaldo around, I could to play more and that has been my challenge from pre-season onwards.

"But the coach decides the teams and to discuss this with him is foolish because he is the chief. I do not want to leave United. No.

"Sir Alex Ferguson has demanded a bigger effort from me and I accept that. Because to get into this United team is very complicated and difficult for any player."

Good to see him not sulking or anything and willing to fight.(not sure all this is true though. The Daily mail says Ando had a bust up and wants to leave and a day later he wants to fight for his place)

Good to see him not sulking or anything and willing to fight.(not sure all this is true though. The Daily mail says Ando had a bust up and wants to leave and a day later he wants to fight for his place)

Heard repeated reports linking Robben to United. Although it maybe just a rumor, do you think he would be good enough. There's no doubting his quality and skills. I really admire him as a footballer, but then he's too injury prone. He's hardly fit for half of the season. Spending about 12-16m pounds on such a player would really be a waste considering we already have the two Owen's in our squad. Instead, I would really like Sneijder to come to OT, if at all we were going to buy someone. Modric is a good option too but then Carrick is too valuable a player to be swapped!