Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Well he did win a league title with a record points total against the best club side ever IMO. He also got them to three successive CL semi-finals which is a big improvement on what they were getting before he took over.

Yeah' date=' he grates on some people, but he was a fantastic fit at Chelsea last time and has a great record of winning trophies.

I personally doubt United will win anything (besides the Shield) next season. Losing Fergie is a big change to adjust to and Moyes doesn't have the pedigree to come in and challenge immediately.[/quote']

agreed, and I dont'see united as the premier league champions either.

I'd love to quote most of these posts by May next year ;)

To write United off even before the transfers have started is just plain foolish ;)

Thing is, I reckon Chelsea and City will buy big but that isn't the way United or Moyes do things. You've got Zaha coming in but other than perhaps a CM, I think you'll be replacing departures.

I'd love to quote most of these posts by May next year ;)

To write United off even before the transfers have started is just plain foolish ;)

and I would love to QUOTE your post too :P

Honestly mate,I am a United fan but we should we optimistic about a thing which has a distinct possibility.

Thing is' date=' I reckon Chelsea and City will buy big but that isn't the way United or Moyes do things. You've got Zaha coming in but other than perhaps a CM, I think you'll be replacing departures.[/quote']

They will buy big I'm sure but they've also got to keep an eye out for UEFA's Financial Fair Play system. No doubt Chelsea n City will probably spend 70+mill each this summer at the very least. That doesn't guarantee you success however. I rate Mancini > Pellegrini frankly and Rafa was a much better coach than most gave him credit for.

It all remains to be seen who Mourinho brings, and whether they are his signings or Abrahmovich's.

and I would love to QUOTE your post too :P

Honestly mate' date='I am a United fan but we should we optimistic about a thing which has a distinct possibility.[/quote']

Are you being optimistic or pessimistic? :confused:

I think the aura of stability has broken already - as some United fans have already written off their own team before Moyes was even given a chance.

Fellaini to us is a distinct possibility and Strootman move should finally come off now. I'd give our wingers (Nani, Valencia, Young) one more chance/season and see how they do. Rooney will stay IMO.

I think the aura of stability has broken already - as some United fans have already written off their own team before Moyes was even given a chance.

Fellaini to us is a distinct possibility and Strootman move should finally come off now. I'd give our wingers (Nani' date=' Valencia, Young) one more chance/season and see how they do. Rooney will stay IMO.[/quote']

I have complete faith in Moyes,No question about it but in the long run.

Suppose if Fellaini and Strootman arrive how are those 2 and carrick going to fit in a single formation?

They are Hopeless.Probably the arrival of Zaha will give us some creativity on the Flanks.I think the same,He will stay.

I have complete faith in Moyes' date='No question about it but in the long run.

Suppose if Fellaini and Strootman arrive how are those 2 and carrick going to fit in a single formation?

They are Hopeless.Probably the arrival of Zaha will give us some creativity on the Flanks.I think the same,He will stay.[/quote']

Given the injury problems within our squad season after season I think it should be safe to assume they will all get plenty of games ;)

And anyhow I'd play them all given they are all fit, Carrick and Strootman with Fellaini slightly ahead of them.

Hopeless? :eek: Nani was on fire during the games running up to that Real Madrid match and after that his confidence just shattered. Valencia had some injury problems earlier on. Same goes for Young.

They will buy big I'm sure but they've also got to keep an eye out for UEFA's Financial Fair Play system. No doubt Chelsea n City will probably spend 70+mill each this summer at the very least. That doesn't guarantee you success however. I rate Mancini > Pellegrini frankly and Rafa was a much better coach than most gave him credit for.

It all remains to be seen who Mourinho brings' date=' and whether they are his signings or Abrahmovich's.[/quote']

FFP's ridiculous and undoubtedly full of loopholes which we can exploit :) Better players tend to give a better chance of success although much is down to knitting a squad together. Moyes has to do exactly the same at United though. He's bringing in a whole new backroom team that the players will have to adjust to.

I don't think Mancini's a top manager. Not sure on Pellegrini either but I think he deserves a chance considering what he did with Malaga.

Given the injury problems within our squad season after season I think it should be safe to assume they will all get plenty of games ;)

And anyhow I'd play them all given they are all fit' date=' Carrick and Strootman with Fellaini slightly ahead of them.

Hopeless? :eek: Nani was on fire during the games running up to that Real Madrid match and after that his confidence just shattered. Valencia had some injury problems earlier on. Same goes for Young.[/quote']

then suppose we play 4-4-1-1..Kagawa,Rooney=Bench Warmers I guess..

Yes Hopeless.Inconsistent 1 good game out of 10 isnt good enough for UTD standards however,If I had to choose ONE WINGER from our present squad it would be Nani.

Young and Valencia havent got the standard that MANUTD requires,simple as that.

then suppose we play 4-4-1-1..Kagawa' date='Rooney=Bench Warmers I guess..

Yes Hopeless.Inconsistent 1 good game out of 10 isnt good enough for UTD standards however,If I had to choose ONE WINGER from our present squad it would be Nani.

Young and Valencia havent got the standard that MANUTD requires,simple as that.[/quote']

Hmmm.... who would you have on the flanks then? We won't be able to get more than 16mill for the pair of them right now and Glazers aren't Abrahmovich or the Sheikhs. We have a limited budget to improve our squad and I'd think it's pretty obvious out CMs needs a lot more upgrading than our wingers.

Hmmm.... who would you have on the flanks then? We won't be able to get more than 16mill for the pair of them right now and Glazers aren't Abrahmovich or the Sheikhs. We have a limited budget to improve our squad and I'd think it's pretty obvious out CMs needs a lot more upgrading than our wingers.

Zaha and Nani from our current squad.

I think we are gonna get a good amount if we sell both young and valencia(more then 16m) cause Monaco,PSG,Anzhi are out there :P.What I honestly dont understand this phenomenon of UTD fans.why?we have got Carrick one of the best CMs around,Cleverley Developing and Powell who has a bright future.

Our wingers however are pathetic.

I predict....

OUT

1)Rooney - seems to want out and I'd rather cash in now

2)Nani - a disaster for the last 18 months or so

3)Young - too lightweight/injury prone

4)Anderson - Love a bit of Ando on form but he's had his chance

5)Fabio - not much point in having him back

IN (as a minimum)

1)Zaha - will be quality, I'm increasingly sure of this

2)A CM (Strootman or Vidal would do the trick)

3)Bale/Ronaldo (wishful thinking but if Rooney leaves we'll need a big name player)

4)Baines

5) Another winger/wide-forward

I predict....

OUT

1)Rooney - seems to want out and I'd rather cash in now

2)Nani - a disaster for the last 18 months or so

3)Young - too lightweight/injury prone

4)Anderson - Love a bit of Ando on form but he's had his chance

5)Fabio - not much point in having him back

IN (as a minimum)

1)Zaha - will be quality' date=' I'm increasingly sure of this

2)A CM (Strootman or Vidal would do the trick)

3)Bale/Ronaldo (wishful thinking but if Rooney leaves we'll need a big name player)

4)Baines

5) Another winger/wide-forward[/quote']

Is the Zaha deal not confirmed?

:confused:

I think Fellaini will be coming in as the CM

Unfortunately true. Many of the United fans I've spoken to have unfortunately written this season off completely. I do think we've a fair chance at the PL title but anything else is out of reach IMO as the focus (and rightly so) will be on retaining the PL title.

Fellaini to us is a distinct possibility and Strootman move should finally come off now. I'd give our wingers (Nani' date=' Valencia, Young) one more chance/season and see how they do. Rooney will stay IMO.

[b']I'd be surprised to see Fellaini in a United shirt more due to his image (and no I'm not on about that ghastly hairstyle or his eyebrows) he's a bit of a loose cannon sometimes throwing elbows, head-butting etc and whilst we have had players in the past known for those kinds of things they have been world class players and irreplaceable. Fellaini isn't in that bracket so I don't see United making a push for him.

As for Strootman, would love to see it but seems unrealistic to me.

As far as wingers are concerned unfortunately I think we have to give them another season as changing 3 wingers out for 3 new ones is impossible. We won't get better quality in one window so let's be hopeful that Zaha's introduction gives them a bit of added incentive to push on this season.

I hope we get rid of Rooney to be honest. He's requested a transfer again and it's just disrespectful. The only problem is I don't any big clubs would come in for him Barca, Real, Bayern etc don't have a need for him so any club he would move to would be a step down.[/b]

I have complete faith in Moyes' date='No question about it but in the long run.

[b']Most people share this sentiment.[/b]

It could work however it's not going to happen so don't worry :)

They are Hopeless.Probably the arrival of Zaha will give us some creativity on the Flanks.I think the same,He will stay.

Not really and to be honest I'd rather see Nick Powell given a few games then us buy 2 new midfielders to replace Scholes.

And anyhow I'd play them all given they are all fit' date=' Carrick and Strootman with Fellaini slightly ahead of them.

[b']I wouldn't, hypothetically it would be a far too sluggish midfield.[/b]

Hopeless? :eek: Nani was on fire during the games running up to that Real Madrid match and after that his confidence just shattered. Valencia had some injury problems earlier on. Same goes for Young.

I do agree Nani had a purple patch before Madrid but it was only a patch in what is one of his worst seasons at United. Valencia and Young are enigmas in my eyes as they had great/good seasons respectively last year.

FFP's ridiculous and undoubtedly full of loopholes which we can exploit :) Better players tend to give a better chance of success although much is down to knitting a squad together. Moyes has to do exactly the same at United though. He's bringing in a whole new backroom team that the players will have to adjust to.

Unfortunately I agree that City and Chelsea will exploit every loophole in FFP of which I'm sure there are many.

Moyes' fresh start with a fresh support team is going to be tough for players to adapt to.

I don't think Mancini's a top manager. Not sure on Pellegrini either but I think he deserves a chance considering what he did with Malaga.

I think Mancini is a good manager' date=' not great but good. As for Pellegrini well he's worked well with an average squad at Malaga[/b']

then suppose we play 4-4-1-1..Kagawa' date='Rooney=Bench Warmers I guess..

[b']I'd stick Rooney on a flight to Paris over the bench.

Young and Valencia havent got the standard that MANUTD requires,simple as that.

Nani's only saving grace is his ability on the odd occasion to do something spectacular, would be interesting to see if under Moyes he finds his feet.

Valencia was at that standard last season when defenders hadn't managed to see what every United fan could see when Valencia got the ball (that he would run with it on his right foot and cross with his right foot) and Young has been decent but not in a top bracket of wingers we've come to expect at United.

Nani is a disaster this season. :(

Agreed' date=' mostly.[/b']

This is why I believe they will stay. They've had too poor seasons for us to replace them effectively. Young would probably go for around 8-12M though and Nani around 8-14M max.

There simply isn't enough wingers out on the market for a decent fee that would improve this side.

Zaha and Nani from our current squad.

I think we are gonna get a good amount if we sell both young and valencia(more then 16m) cause Monaco' date='PSG,Anzhi are out there :P.What I honestly dont understand this phenomenon of UTD fans.why?we have got Carrick one of the best CMs around,Cleverley Developing and Powell who has a bright future.

Our wingers however are pathetic.[/quote']

While I would like to see Powell given more games I do feel United may need to add one CM this summer.

I predict....

OUT

1)Rooney - seems to want out and I'd rather cash in now (would love to see it for 25M+ anything less and keep him)

2)Nani - a disaster for the last 18 months or so (again would like to see it but I don't think your replacement of Ronaldo/Bale is realistic)

3)Young - too lightweight/injury prone (same reasons as above)

4)Anderson - Love a bit of Ando on form but he's had his chance (with Scholes gone this season is his last unless he steps up' date=' give him one last chance)[/b']

5)Fabio - not much point in having him back Every point having him back, though I am increasingly liking Buttner

IN (as a minimum)

1)Zaha - will be quality, I'm increasingly sure of this (won't judge him too much now but I do hope he shines)

2)A CM (Strootman or Vidal would do the trick) (Hopefully we will find one but those CM's don't seem realistic)

3)Bale/Ronaldo (wishful thinking but if Rooney leaves we'll need a big name player) If Rooney leaves we might make an offer, but I'd expect it not to be enough to lure him from Spurs. If Bale leaves it'll be to Madrid. Ronaldo I doubt will leave who could afford him?

4)Baines (Would love to see this but Evra's had a good season. Only way this should happen is if we offload Evra which I don't see happening (unless PSG fancy him)

5) Another winger/wide-forward

We wouldn't really need another winger/wide forward.

We've got enough decent youth like Adnan etc.

A great strike by Rooney against Brazil' date=' perhaps just giving us a taste of what we can expect from him next season.

[/i']

Most probably a great strike as in his connection with the ball, the rest of the work was done by the massive deflection the shot took off the defenders back

Arsenal linked with Rooney.... please let us get rid of him!

Oddly - I remember Giggs going through a dip in form in 2000-2004 - and United fans calling for him to be sold....

..yet despite the fact they wanted rid and the fact he's a home wrecking adulterer who uses his money to bully women - you lot call him a legend!

So, all Wazza has to do is keep visiting hookers and stick around and in 10 years you will all have switched to saying how you had always loved him :)

Oddly - I remember Giggs going through a dip in form in 2000-2004 - and United fans calling for him to be sold....

..yet despite the fact they wanted rid and the fact he's a home wrecking adulterer who uses his money to bully women - you lot call him a legend!

So' date=' all Wazza has to do is keep visiting hookers and stick around and in 10 years you will all have switched to saying how you had always loved him :)[/quote']

It's not that Rooney has had a dip in form it's simply down to the fact that he doesn't want to play for us and never will. It's the second time he's asked to leave so we should just let him go. I would like him to stay though if Moyes can change his mind as he is a top player.

Just a few thoughts on I have on Mourinho going to Chelsea and Pellegrini inevitably going to City: I think both of these will more than likely heavily invest and with it being David Moyes' first season in charge I think we may not have a terrific season next year unless we invest over the summer also.

I just wonder will some of the performances of the United players dip next season as they may feel the pressure is off them a bit as they no longer have to worry about Fergie roaring at them after the game. I know Moyes would do the same but he wouldn't have the authority in his career to frighten the players as much as Fergie would have. This along with Moyes trying to settle into the job, which is such an enormous step up for him is why I think it mightn't be a great season next year.

I think he is the right choice but I've a feeling Chelsea and City could finish above us next year and Arsenal will be fairly strong too if they invest in a few good players. It'll be some season for sure.

Sky bet have announced they have suspended betting for Kevin strootmans next club. United? One can only hope

Good post mate, hadn't heard this but it's true, suspended betting on him to United.

EDIT: @BenC if true this is a massive middle finger up to you by Moyes, doubting him :rolleyes::P

I just wonder will some of the performances of the United players dip next season as they may feel the pressure is off them a bit as they no longer have to worry about Fergie roaring at them after the game. I know Moyes would do the same but he wouldn't have the authority in his career to frighten the players as much as Fergie would have. This along with Moyes trying to settle into the job' date=' which is such an enormous step up for him is why I think it mightn't be a great season next year.

I think he is the right choice but I've a feeling Chelsea and City could finish above us next year and Arsenal will be fairly strong too if they invest in a few good players. It'll be some season for sure.[/quote']

Re Moyes and players form dipping - I think it's inevitable that some of your players won't hit the road running.

Carrick had an amazing season last year - which I thought was down to Fergie sticking with him AND getting that extra 10% out of him - under Moyes he could quickly become a Darren Gibson without the fierce shot. I am not saying Carrick will suddenly drop off, just that it's possible (as is anything I guess)

At the end of the day, you have a decent squad of players who mostly want to play for Manchester United which should paper over any managerial short comings (if any) for the short term - just look at C**tic for a great example of that - GREAT squad (compared to their rivals) but a turgid manager makes winning the league look harder than it should be :)