Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

I suppose the SM forum will now start linking us with the likes of Modric and Feillani again.

I sorted it for you - same old schnizzle each year on here to be fair

The contradiction is amazing - in one day you get "Chelsea/City buying success" followed by "Hope we buy XXX the famous international"

What is good for the United goose is not good for the Premier League gander! :)

The contradiction is amazing - in one day you get "Chelsea/City buying success" followed by "Hope we buy XXX the famous international"

We've done this one before, I'll say again: I don't care who 'buys' the title, whether it's United, City, Chelsea or anyone else.

Who wouldn't want to 'buy' the title and prove to be a success? ;)

I don't buy this Thiago stuff about going to Bayern is a big mistake. I really don't see why it is. Given how much Pep wants him, you can only assume he will feature heavily in his plans. And given their relationship, it would be safe to assume Thiago would be easily persuaded to go to Bayern.

Robben has said that they are training in a 'weird' 4-1-4-1 formation. Given Pep's history, it would be fair to suggest Martinez would move to CB, a position he has played before and is extremely capable of doing so. I would suggest the following team:

Neuer

Lahm - Dante - Martinez - Alaba

Schweinsteiger

Gotze - Kroos - Thiago - Ribery

Müller

The only way that I can see Thiago not starting in that line up is if Schweinsteiger pushed up and Gustavo/Martinez went into DM. But given Pep's history at Barca, I believe he would much rather have a decent passer at the back (Martinez) and a mobile DM (Schweiny) with two ball players in front (Thiago and Kroos).

I don't see how it is a bad career move at all to be perfectly honest. Besides, it's been pretty well documented that playing time is but part of Thiago's issues at Barca - Sandro Rosell is his main issue and the breakdown of relationship with him.

Given a straight choice between yourselves and Bayern, with Pep there, I can't see him ever turning them down.

I don't buy this Thiago stuff about going to Bayern is a big mistake. I really don't see why it is. Given how much Pep wants him' date=' you can only assume he will feature heavily in his plans. And given their relationship, it would be safe to assume Thiago would be easily persuaded to go to Bayern.

Robben has said that they are training in a 'weird' 4-1-4-1 formation. Given Pep's history, it would be fair to suggest Martinez would move to CB, a position he has played before and is extremely capable of doing so. I would suggest the following team:

Neuer

Lahm - Dante - Martinez - Alaba

Schweinsteiger

Gotze - Kroos - Thiago - Ribery

Müller

The only way that I can see Thiago not starting in that line up is if Schweinsteiger pushed up and Gustavo/Martinez went into DM. But given Pep's history at Barca, I believe he would much rather have a decent passer at the back (Martinez) and a mobile DM (Schweiny) with two ball players in front (Thiago and Kroos).

I don't see how it is a bad career move at all to be perfectly honest. Besides, it's been pretty well documented that playing time is but part of Thiago's issues at Barca - Sandro Rosell is his main issue and the breakdown of relationship with him.

Given a straight choice between yourselves and Bayern, with Pep there, I can't see him ever turning them down.[/quote']

I agree with what your saying :) But I would possibly swap Muller and Gotze's positions.

At United he'll be a starter at Bayern he'll be rotated at best and at Barca he'll be warming the bench.

IMO Bayern's best side would line up something like this.

Neuer

Lahm Dante Martinez Alaba

Kroos Schweiny

Robben Goetze Ribery

Muller

Simply put Kroos and Schweiny are better than Thiago in that role atm, Robben should not lose his place as he is a top quality player so unless Bayern sell him I'd expect him to start Goetze cos Bayern a lot of money and is incredibly talented so he's almost certainly getting a starting spot and Ribery is immense for Munich. Muller has also had a good season and I can see him playing that central role so really I don't see where Thiago will start as realistically all those other players are currently better then him.

Yes he'd get slightly more gametime then he would at Barcelona but if he want's football there is only one place he should go and that's United.

I'd like to see him in the PL but if we miss out on him I'm sure they'll be something else.

I think there's a difference when United make £100,000,000 a year and City make record losses but still manage to buy X amount of players while selling players for a fraction of what they were brought from.

For someone who was 20 years old and must compete with Xavi' date='Iniesta,and Fabregas for position in CM,Pep give reasonable time for Thiago.

I can't see moving to best club in the world with the manager who speak same languange and have player from same country like Thiago is worst decision he could make.[/quote']

It would be the a bad move for him imo, would not even fit in there.

Speaking Spanish? so what, everyone learns a new language depending on where they play.

smileys-school-357274.gif

I think there's a difference when United make £100' date='000,000 a year and City make record losses but still manage to buy X amount of players while selling players for a fraction of what they were brought from.[/quote']

Completely agree, it's not about how much you spend. It's about spending within the club's resources i.e. if your making a lot of money you can spend a lot of money.

It would be the a bad move for him imo' date=' would not even fit in there.

Speaking Spanish? so what, everyone learns a new language depending on where they play.[/i']

smileys-school-357274.gif

It actually makes a huge difference for players particularly young players. Believe me Pep will make him fit in there as Pep was quoted as saying if he could only sign one more player it would be Thiago all day long. Anyway Moyes suggested there weren't really interested in Thiago anyway. But my personal opinion is he should stay at Barca :P

Pretty much resigned to us not getting Thiago after feeling it was nailed on 1/2 weeks ago' date=' I hate transfer windows :(.[/quote']

Yeah we've lost out on him. Big loss as our midfield is atrocious. Carrick is the only relieable one, who knows if he could get an injury ? Then we'll be left with Cleverly and Anderson.

Yeah we've lost out on him. Big loss as our midfield is atrocious. Carrick is the only relieable one' date=' who knows if he could get an injury ? Then we'll be left with Cleverly and Anderson.[/quote']

It's not atrocious by any means, if it was atrocious it wouldn't have allowed us to win the league. It's behind our rivals that's for sure, but not atrocious. Moyes is aware we need a CM, he'll deliver I hope.

It's not atrocious by any means' date=' if it was atrocious it wouldn't have allowed us to win the league. It's behind our rivals that's for sure, but not atrocious. Moyes is aware we need a CM, he'll deliver I hope.[/quote']

Looking back at the season, we got pretty lucky with our games and our rivals messing up. I think that if we were to perform better in Europe then we defiantly need to bolster our midfield. Simply because we would get played out of the park if we stick to as it currently stands.

Giggsy wont feature as much, Fletcher is pending upon his operation (wont be able to play week in week out, Anderson performs well then gets injured, Cleverly - The jury is still out on him.

Well' date=' get the thought of Strootman out of your head. We were never in for him. Our only target was Thiago. But he's gone to Bayern :([/quote']

I already have got Strootman out of my head, hence I'm asking this question. Also I never said United were in for him just my opinion that he may join. Though I don't think he's the right player anyway.

No idea' date=' would expect it to be out of the blue and unexpected but a CM for sure, Fellaini?[/quote']

Yeah Fellaini is the obvious one. If United really want him they could get him.