Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Evra' date=' Rio, Anderson, Nani, Cleverley need to go

We need top talent in[/quote']

WHAT?

BUY PLAYERS?

Nooooo, United NEVER try to buy success - be happy with what you have already, that's the United way

Although, saying that, Anderson was £27 MILLION, Rio £30-40million*, and Nani £23million lol

£80-90 million for players that 'aren't good enough'?

*Transfermarkt shows it as £40mill

Worst United squad for decades.

Ferguson built that squad....that squad won the league last year

Are you criticising Sir Alec? TutTut

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

WHAT?

BUY PLAYERS?

Nooooo' date=' United NEVER try to buy success - be happy with what you have already, that's the United way

Although, saying that, Anderson was [b']£27 MILLION[/b], Rio £30-40million*, and Nani £23million lol

£80-90 million for players that 'aren't good enough'?

*Transfermarkt shows it as £40mill

get ur fact right nani was 18mil, anderson 20mil and rio 28mil

i forgot that man city had to spent 1 billion to win a title

Don't know where to start' date=' losing to a team as dire as Newcastle shows just how poor we've become. As much as I didn't want Moyes to replace Fergie, I still feel the players at his disposal are under performing significantly (with the exception of Rooney). Although Moyes doesn't help himself with the constant rotation and school boy tactics.

The season is about damage limitation now and the summer will be the Glazers' first real test as to how committed they are to success on the pitch rather than off it.

Player purchases is a must in January, anything that sees the likes of Cleverley pushed further down the pecking order will do for me right now. Said for a while that the squad needs a mass overhaul, needs an injection of youth, fresh ideas and players of superior technical ability throughout the midfield.

I can only describe the current squad as stale, time to see the back of the likes of Evra, Nani, Anderson, Young, Hernandez, Cleverley, Rio, Giggs. RVP has also contributed very little this season, seems to be disinterested, very much in the same way as Rooney was last season.

As for Moyes, well, next summer will be massive for him (if he's still here). He will have to improve the squad and adopt a new tactical approach to our game, [b']we're far too predictable.[/b]

Without Rooney in the team, we offer little creativity and absolutely no threat from outside the box. There's not a United player that I could be confident of posing a threat and scoring regularly from around 25 yards.

Worst United squad for decades.

4-4-2 with inept CM's is always going to fail.

You are right in that we are predictable. Michael Own said it in commentary - I've never seen a United side where the players on the ball have so few options.

Only partly on Moyes though. Not like Ferguson addressed that issue.

Moyes has been dealt a potentially duff hand with some of the players he has to use. He needs to get what we have organised correctly for now and then strengthen when the opportunity arises.

He makes too many changes from game to game at the moment for a team lacking in momentum and form.

Playing three in the middle is an alternative he should be seriously considering for now. If you ain't got the quality, you need the quantity in the key central area.

Moyes has been dealt a potentially duff hand with some of the players he has to use. He needs to get what we have organised correctly for now and then strengthen when the opportunity arises.

He makes too many changes from game to game at the moment for a team lacking in momentum and form.

Playing three in the middle is an alternative he should be seriously considering for now. If you ain't got the quality' date=' you need the quantity in the key central area.[/quote']

bold - Consistency

you don't see Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everon, Even Southampton doing that much changing - You could name their starting line ups

I rest my case two teams. Thanks for your contribution.

:D

Moyes: Keep the faith

David Moyes was hugely disappointed as his side fell to a second home defeat in four days in a 1-0 loss to Newcastle on Saturday, but the United manager is determined to put things right.

The Reds have now lost five league games so far this season and Moyes says it is a clear indication that the club is going through big changes.

"There will be [light at the end of the tunnel] because it is a transitional period and that was always going to be the case," said Moyes after his side were downed by Yohan Cabaye's second-half strike.

"I hoped it wouldn't have been as poor as it has been in the last few games. When I came here I knew it was never going to be easy and it's proved to be that way."

Moyes added that the continued support of United's fans is imperative as the Reds seek to bounce back from consecutive league defeats.

"I think the United supporters have been great to me and great to the club," he said. "They understand there is a big transition going on here and, like me, I don't think they expected us to have lost five games at this stage of the season. We didn't expect that.

"But I think they understand that there is a change going on. We'll work, try to improve and try to get better."

Mentality seems to be a key issue for us at the moment.

547988_478011742228512_1788609283_n.jpg

So Newcastle are such a dire side apparently. The side that has beaten Spurs away Chelsea at home drew with Liverpool in a game we should have won had it not been for Yanga-Mbiwa's sending off and now beaten Man Utd.

10 points out of 12 off teams with aspirations of a top 4 finish. A dire side is harsh, though erratic is more apt. 4 or 5 players and we will have the depth to push for a top 7 place, unlike United who look poor in virtually every position, with the exception of DDG Rafael, Rooney and RVP.

I agree an overhaul is needed at United, as a few have said. Moyes also needs time, I mean SAF was not an instant success and if the rumours were to be believed was not close to being sacked himself at one stage early in his United career?

So Newcastle are such a dire side apparently. The side that has beaten Spurs away Chelsea at home drew with Liverpool in a game we should have won had it not been for Yanga-Mbiwa's sending off and now beaten Man Utd.

10 points out of 12 off teams with aspirations of a top 4 finish. A dire side is harsh' date=' though erratic is more apt. 4 or 5 players and we will have the depth to push for a top 7 place, unlike United who look poor in virtually every position, with the exception of DDG Rafael, Rooney and RVP.

I agree an overhaul is needed at United, as a few have said. Moyes also needs time, I mean SAF was not an instant success and if the rumours were to be believed was not close to being sacked himself at one stage early in his United career?[/font']

Not sure who has called you dire??

If you could send Cabaye our way (and maybe Ben Arfa) it would be appreciated ;)

Not sure who has called you dire??

If you could send Cabaye our way (and maybe Ben Arfa) it would be appreciated ;)

Post #30395.

I have heard a rumour that you are prepared to table a bid for Cabaye' date=' been doing the rounds for about 6 weeks now, Joe Kinnear was heard discussing it with Ashley allegedly (my mate is a chef for corporate functions which the above two numpties were at when he overheard them talking.)

Then again he could just be talking utter tripe, but if he is it is unlike him.[/font']

Post #30395.

Oh yeah - you are not dire.

I have heard a rumour that you are prepared to table a bid for Cabaye' date=' been doing the rounds for about 6 weeks now, Joe Kinnear was heard discussing it with Ashley allegedly (my mate is a chef for corporate functions which the above two numpties were at when he overheard them talking.)

Then again he could just be talking utter tripe, but if he is it is unlike him.[/font']

Let's hope the chef is right 'eh ;)