Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

I wouldnt say its their biggest problem area.

Offensively not at all' date=' defensively its a concern.[/quote']

Rafael's far from being a concern.The lad is our main man on the right.Him with a guy like Cuadrado or any decent RW would kill that side.He's decent in defence but most of young fullbacks nowdays are more attacking minded at all.Personally,I think that Rafael is the perfect RB for a team like United because we must dominate the game,not the opponents.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Rafael's far from being a concern.The lad is our main man on the right.Him with a guy like Cuadrado or any decent RW would kill that side.He's decent in defence but most of young fullbacks nowdays are more attacking minded at all.Personally' date='I think that Rafael is the perfect RB for a team like United because we must dominate the game,not the opponents.[/quote']

You can't have a partnership of Cuadrado&Rafael on same team or not on same wing at least. They are both fast and good dribblers but lack defensive skills so would just make the actual situation worse :)

You can't have a partnership of Cuadrado&Rafael on same team or not on same wing at least. They are both fast and good dribblers but lack defensive skills so would just make the actual situation worse :)

Like I said,United is the team who must dominate the game.An offensive guy like CUadrado or anybody else would need to learn to track back and help Rafael in defence,when its needed

I don't know who we can get to improve this (That's a discussion for the summer I'd imagine) but a good start would be getting rid of some of the rubbish. Valencia' date=' Young, Anderson and Buttner all need to be sold preferably in January especially the former two so they can no longer impair our attacks with their woefully one dimensional styles. Signing players may indeed be tough in Jan so I agree with Moyes' stance on that. What we don't need is another Fellaini type panic buy, so as long as we avoid that I'm not too bothered if we don't buy anyone in Jan. No point in signing someone for the sake of it.

Keep Rooney at the club at all costs (Exceptional case being a a ridiculous bid from somewhere). If he doesn't want to sign a new contract then let him go on a free in 2015 but for the love of god don't willingly sell him to Chelsea.

Give Nani a consistent run in the side and don't freaking drop him if he has 1 bad game. If in the next 5 months he can't recover his form then off he goes as well. Loan Zaha to any PL club that wants him and let's see how good he is at this level.

Stop chopping and changing the CB's. Select one and stick with it barring injuries and suspensions. Sign a LB (Anyone but Baines) and put Evra on the bench. How Evra is expected to start every single game season after season and yet keep his form up is baffling. Poor from Fergie and now Moyes on that count.

Stop dicking Phil Jones around. I can understand it to an extent especially given that most seem to be very confused as to his best position. Personally, I think he's a CM and with Carrick in his 30's I'd go as far as saying he should be the first name in midfield.

No idea what to do with RVP. I was among the minority who never wanted him and I wouldn't lose any sleep if he was sold.[/quote']

Haven't read all the posts, but this one is spot on.

I'd be happy if we manage to get a decent LB/or CM (or both) in Jan, and see either Valencia/Young/Anderson gone. Irritates me seeing Valencia/Young start week in week out when they just don't perform.

Spot on regarding the Nani issue as well, too many times this season subbed on/off needs regular game time once he's back. I personally think Nani on the right, and Januzaj on the left can work (or vice versa) - well defo much better than anything we have atm.

Moyes has to make a few signings this Jan or he's bound to get the sack. I agree with what Ben said about who to keep and sell completely. As for signings:

CB - Hummels

LB - Baines

CM - Cabaye/Barkley

CM - Koke/Mata

RM/LM - Reus

Realistically I don't Moyes has the power to attract big European name players. Such a mess at the minute!

You got the right areas what man utd need to bring in

Gk De Gea is great' date=' but maybe we have a decent young sub keeper but this isnt the massive problem atm

[b']LB [/b]Moyes has been too focused on Baines, other talented LB out there like Shaw, Coentrao, De Sciglio, long shot but Alaba

Baines is getting on

CB We need a 1st team CB, Evans is ok but can be clumsy, Rio needs to retire, Vidic lost the pace but still can be important, Smalling/Jones/Keane are upcoming

RB Rafael but had injury hit season, only player atm I would buy for that position is Coleman

CM Only have Carrick but age is getting him, Cleverley still young, Fletcher isnt the same, Giggs Retire, Kagawa does fit english football

We need Creativity or physical CM like Mata, Koke, Barkley, Cabaye, Strootman, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Bender etc

Ik we still have Lingard and Powell to come back

Wing have Januzaj and Valencia, still Idk if Zaha is worth it yet, sell Nani and young

Bring in a Reus, Griezmann, Draxler

Fwd Have Rooney(atm) and RVP, Welbeck and little pea

Forwards are ok but injury hit, also United arent shooting as much as past

Gk De Gea is great' date=' but maybe we have a decent young sub keeper but this isnt the massive problem atm

[b']LB [/b]Moyes has been too focused on Baines, other talented LB out there like Shaw, Coentrao, De Sciglio, long shot but Alaba

Baines is getting on

CB We need a 1st team CB, Evans is ok but can be clumsy, Rio needs to retire, Vidic lost the pace but still can be important, Smalling/Jones/Keane are upcoming

RB Rafael but had injury hit season, only player atm I would buy for that position is Coleman

CM Only have Carrick but age is getting him, Cleverley still young, Fletcher isnt the same, Giggs Retire, Kagawa does fit english football

We need Creativity or physical CM like Mata, Koke, Barkley, Cabaye, Strootman, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Bender etc

Wing have Januzaj and Valencia, still Idk if Zaha is worth it yet, sell Nani and young

You're talking 200m there at least...

I'll pay those 40m and run away with Alaba but tbh even 60m wont buy him.

Why would he anyway want to come?Cabaye and Coentrao are realistic targets thats all.

Agree with all, he would probably cost more, he wouldnt join, & they are more realistic targets.

Read somewhere and edited according to what I think.

DeGea - Quality! Wouldn't swap him for any other keeper.

Rafeal - Still a bit raw, but well worth holding on to. Improving all the time.

Vidic - Out of contract at the end of the season. May get renewed. Be a good squad player, don't think he's good enough to be an automatic starter anymore. Age and injury caught up with him.

Rio - CANNOT put into words how good of a player he's been over the years. So composed on the ball. Desperately need a defender of the same calibre as he was 6 or 7 years ago. Contract up at the end of the season. I don't think it will be renewed ... Maybe offered a coaching role? Would be a shame to lose him completely. Too slow to carry on playing now though.

Evans- Our best defender easily.A beast and has improved a lot in the previous seasons.

Evra - Contract up at the end of the season. Would be happy with a one year extension, but age has caught up with him, and United need a new left back to start. Use Evra as a squad player.

Jones - Quality player. Only going to get better. Personally prefer him in midfield but a lot of United fans prefer him at CB.

Valencia - Pacey but very one dimensional. Bought to replace the best player in the world IMO, so always going to struggle to win over fans. Needs to add goals to his game, and learn how to use his left foot. I'd like to see him start LW and cut in on his right foot. Anybody with his pace can cause problems. (Controvoursial)

Young - Never thought he was United quality. Hasn't impressed me one bit since we signed him except one or two occasions Time to move him on.

Januzaj - Can be as good as he wants to be. Hopefully Moyes can keep his feet on the ground (both dealing with playing for a massive club at such a young age, and this daft diving that seems inherent in his game). Will be world class one day! Needs building up in the gym like Ronaldo and DeGea did. Hope we can keep him long term. Could be an Old Trafford legend.

Nani - Just signed a 5 year contract. Most disappointing player in the squad because every now and again, you see glimpses of how good he could have been! So frustrating! Need a new winger! Nani is never going to start week in week out! Squad player.

Giggs - Legend! Got to be his last season though! Time to concentrate on his coaching role!

Cleverley - Another one who splits opinions with United fans. I personally think he's worth keeping. May be not a starter, but worth keeping as a squad player. Carrick and Fletcher aren't getting any younger!

Carrick - 32/33 yrs old. Might get another season out of him. Needs a world class partner in the centre with him, DESPERATELY!!! Long term he needs replacing!!

Fellaini - I just haven't made my mind up yet. Was a beast for Everton. I say just give him time and see!!

Fletcher - Unlikely to be as good as he was. Useful to have in the squad though!

Anderson - Should have been shipped off 3 or 4 years ago!! Complete disappointment!!

Welbeck - Prospect, that's for sure.Well worth keeping in the squad.

Hernandez - Will always score goals! Don't think he suits our style of play to be a starter though!! Madly, I never thought Van Nistelrooy suited our style either. Running off the last defender, never with his back to goal. He scored a lot of goals, but we didn't win a lot of trophies while he was there! Won a lot more after he was sold! Hernandez reminds me of Van Nistelrooy. Would love for him to stay as an impact substitute, but my opinion is he will leave in summer. Never going to be a starter for United, even if Rooney leaves!

RVP - World class, but getting on and injury prone (which we did knew before we got him). . May get another season out of him. Will probably need him too, because I think Rooney is off in summer.

Rooney - Love him or hate him as a person .... UNITED LEGEND .... No question!! Contract up Jan '15. If he doesn't sign a new contract in the next few months then it looks like he's being sold in summer!! Will be 28/29 years old by then. We've had him for his best years. Hope he doesn't go, but if he does, then he goes a United legend in my eyes.

Baines is getting on

CB We need a 1st team CB, Evans is ok but can be clumsy, Rio needs to retire, Vidic lost the pace but still can be important, Smalling/Jones/Keane are upcoming Hummels

Bold are not going to happen and brown a possible but unlikely. You need a whole overhaul to be honest only players i would keep are Rooney RvP Kagawa Januzaj Jones & De Gea. I mean even Jones is tactically inept but he's very physical and gives 100% every tackle header or whatever but overhaul needed plus manager even though I like Moyes to big a job for him.

I didnt say RB was your biggest concern.

I like Rafael a lot' date=' he is developing into a really good attacking fullback, but he does have defensive issues that's all.

Some people need to calm down in this thread :o[/quote']

When you come into a thread saying Rafael is a concern defensively and then compound it by saying he gives away penalties then be prepared to be pulled up on your statements. I don't think he conceded a penalty last season. And of the top of my head I can only remember him conceding 1 penalty for us (I could be wrong)

Bold are not going to happen and brown a possible but unlikely. You need a whole overhaul to be honest only players i would keep are Rooney RvP Kagawa Januzaj Jones & De Gea. I mean even Jones is tactically inept but he's very physical and gives 100% every tackle header or whatever but overhaul needed plus manager even though I like Moyes to big a job for him.

Griezmann is a realy possibility.I dont know why we arent even trying for him.

If anyone's following him,which position is he playing cause he's been scoring many goals recently.

When you come into a thread saying Rafael is a concern defensively and then compound it by saying he gives away penalties then be prepared to be pulled up on your statements. I don't think he conceded a penalty last season. And of the top of my head I can only remember him conceding 1 penalty for us (I could be wrong)

Good thing your a Man Utd fan & I'm not then - I thought he gave away more but don't watch them as much as you do, if you disagree thats fair enough - he certainly isnt defensively sound though.

You have been more defensive this afternoon than he has his whole time at Utd, its only a conversation fella :P

Griezmann is a realy possibility.I dont know why we arent even trying for him.

If anyone's following him' date='which position is he playing cause he's been scoring many goals recently.[/quote']

He said he doesn't want to leave Real he is happy there and wants to show loyalty for the faith they showed in him. This was when Atletico and suppose to be Arsenal and Juventus were interested. That said could be ** for all i know just sharing what i read.

So many FIFA and FM players on this thread you can tell;

So to complete this rebuild seemingly a few of you think the club can afford a 200M/300M investment in January or Summer. Plain and simple this is your team for the season. Unfortunately for you guys you don't have the luxury Chelsea and City have and with the financial fair play supposedly incoming you won't get the rebuild you're after.

As for all these players you want to get rid of do you logically think Moyes will get rid of all these players? Do you think you'll raise enough funds for adequate replacements? As for spending big again Moyes will be determined to make Fellani work so I doubt a new CM will come in and I doubt he'll spend big unless the right player comes up and chances are if United are after a player other big teams will be as well and United currently aren't in an attractive position and unfortunately you're starting to mirror Liverpool of more than a decade ago and I can see the similarities.

In the real world you'll most likely sign nobody, maybe one player. You'll probably get rid of nobody bar maybe Zaha on loan or a fringe player. The fact that Rooney hasn't signed a contract is the worrying part and that should be where your January priority lies. Without Rooney this season would be much much worse for you guys. If Rooney leaves in January you can kiss your hope of Top 4 goodbye.

Baines is getting on

I do love Coleman hype.Rafael's already twice of a player and once he'll be fit and will continue to develop Coleman would be good to clean his boots after the game.Its nice to see that we are going for Fellaini Version 2.One decent half of season,let's go and get him!

Rafael was a stand out player behind Carrick last season or season before

plus Rafael can pop up with a goal or 2

So to complete this rebuild seemingly a few of you think the club can afford a 200M/300M investment in January or Summer. Plain and simple this is your team for the season. Unfortunately for you guys you don't have the luxury Chelsea and City have and with the financial fair play supposedly incoming you won't get the rebuild you're after.

As for all these players you want to get rid of do you logically think Moyes will get rid of all these players? Do you think you'll raise enough funds for adequate replacements? As for spending big again Moyes will be determined to make Fellani work so I doubt a new CM will come in and I doubt he'll spend big unless the right player comes up and chances are if United are after a player other big teams will be as well and United currently aren't in an attractive position and unfortunately you're starting to mirror Liverpool of more than a decade ago and I can see the similarities.

In the real world you'll most likely sign nobody' date=' maybe one player. You'll probably get rid of nobody bar maybe Zaha on loan or a fringe player. The fact that Rooney hasn't signed a contract is the worrying part and that should be where your January priority lies. Without Rooney this season would be much much worse for you guys. If Rooney leaves in January you can kiss your hope of Top 4 goodbye.[/quote']

No chance absolutely no chance that wayne's gonna leave in January.Even if he wants to,club will block his transfer.

As far as signings are concerned,as I've said Coentrao will arrive IMO not sure about Cabaye atm.

I do love Coleman hype.Rafael's already twice of a player and once he'll be fit and will continue to develop Coleman would be good to clean his boots after the game.Its nice to see that we are going for Fellaini Version 2.One decent half of season' date='let's go and get him![/quote']

He been the best RB this season in the EPL in my eyes, with goals and solid performances

Bit in Bold sums up Bale, not Coleman

In the real world you'll most likely sign nobody' date=' maybe one player. You'll probably get rid of nobody bar maybe Zaha on loan or a fringe player. The fact that Rooney hasn't signed a contract is the worrying part and that should be where your January priority lies. Without Rooney this season would be much much worse for you guys. If Rooney leaves in January you can kiss your hope of Top 4 goodbye.[/quote']

Huge point - shows Sir Alex left Moyes in the toilet pan in terms of long term plans really.

No chance absolutely no chance that wayne's gonna leave in January.Even if he wants to' date='club will block his transfer.

As far as signings are concerned,as I've said Coentrao will arrive IMO not sure about Cabaye atm.[/quote']

I said the same about Torres but low and behold when a team comes in with an offer and the player wants out he'll get out.

If Madrid come in for Rooney he'll leave, and in the strange case the club would block his transfer, do you think he'd play to nearly half the standard he has so far for a team that won't let him leave?

There is a reason Coentrao can't get in the Madrid team, Marcelo's hardly a great left-back and Coentrao ain't your saviour.

Good thing your a Man Utd fan & I'm not then - I thought he gave away more but don't watch them as much as you do' date=' if you disagree thats fair enough - he certainly isnt defensively sound though.

You have been more defensive this afternoon than he has his whole time at Utd, its only a conversation fella :P[/quote']

Defensive? Nope. I 'm quite calm.

You said a bunch of things, none of which were actually true. He conceded no penalties last season. He had a better record at winning Headers than Zabaletta for instance. He is a very good defender 1v1 normally because he's got great pace. In short I don't think you have watched much of Rafael at all