Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

If the possibility of Stu and Danc snogging floats your boat.....:o:o

Besides if they were to fight more likely to be handbags than UFC...

It was a RvB (Red vs. Blue) reference' date=' for the connaisseurs among us :)

And besides, I don't see anything wrong with fighting with handbags. Makes for a better show at times haha.

I reckon they'll still sign him, he just won't start :)

That, I believe, would be the main reason for him to come. If Evra's going to be #1, why even bother? Besides, he's a Chelsea fan, and he'd be doing the same over there, and probably earning more in the process.

Will only be happy with Evra's contract if we sign Shaw too. Otherwise it's the Glazer's once again scrimping.

If we bag Shaw too then it makes sense because Evra can take some of the pressure off Shaw in his first season and then move on when Shaw's acclimatised. It's a lot different playing in front of 70,000+ people week in week out and takes some getting used to!

I'd be surprised if United were not to still bring in another LB and let Buttner go this summer. Can't remember who it was but someone was on MUTV recently and claimed the Shaw deal is pretty much complete. Whether you believe that or not is up to you. Personally I'm one of those that has to see it to believe it.

One player that I wouldn't mind is Konoplyanka, would be good to bring him in and ditch Young, Nani or Valencia. Plus the fee wouldn't be a ridiculous amount.

Apparently he has been quoted as saying he'd rather stay where he is and play CL football rather than join United.

We'll see...

gU8TzIMeXHI

No. Eboue proved that it's a terrible idea to play full backs further forward.

unless your bale, where you start off your career at LB and become a great LW, then AM /RM as time went on.

Aurier has done pretty well as RM/RW when he has played there from what i heard.

marcelo / coentrao have done reasonably well when they used to be deployed further forward in previous times.

alba and alaba too i think are good examples.

some players like johnson, richards etc would be terrible at this but i don't think its fair to say all fullbacks converting to wingers is a bad idea.

it depends on the player and for every failed attempt there are a few good conversions.

Konoplyanka: "I don't want to rush things' date=' but if Manchester United were to come and make me an offer is rather stay at Dnijpro and play in Europe" :D :D :D

Where are all these forumers said that Europe doesn't matter? :P[/quote']

Add him to the list of players who have said they don't think or won't be moving to Utd;

Kroos

Muller

Robben

Konoplyanka

Reus

Hummels

Add him to the list of players who have said they don't think or won't be moving to Utd;

Kroos

Muller

Robben

Konoplyanka

Reus

Hummels

How many of those have specifically said they do not want to come to United? I don't know the answer' date=' so it is a genuine question. People do tend to confuse players wanting to stay at their current club as rejecting one specific club. You could say all those have been linked with United, but how do you actually know that United have shown genuine interest? And I'm fairly certain there will be plenty of other clubs interested in all of the above.

If a player says he wants to stay at his current club, is he not in fact rejecting all clubs?

Konoplyanka: "I don't want to rush things, but if Manchester United were to come and make me an offer is rather stay at Dnijpro and play in Europe" :D :D :D

Had already mentioned it below, if you had bothered reading before being so keen to have a dig.

How many of those have specifically said they do not want to come to United? I don't know the answer' date=' so it is a genuine question. People do tend to confuse players wanting to stay at their current club as rejecting one specific club. You could say all those have been linked with United, but how do you actually know that United have shown genuine interest? And I'm fairly certain there will be plenty of other clubs interested in all of the above.

If a player says he wants to stay at his current club, is he not in fact rejecting all clubs?

Had already mentioned it below, if you had bothered reading before being so keen to have a dig.[/quote']

Kroos said Man United deal is not happening, Rues told he does not want to go to ManU and rather stay. Player wanting to stay with their club means they feel their club is better than the one which wants them. Its a fact that those player have actually rejected a move to United. It's no secret Kroos wanted away from Munich. And as for having a dig, its just something of which you can not complaint cause majority of your own fellas roam around thread doing that :o

I think Evra at LM Januzaj at RM and Shaw at LB would be great for us. Evra has always been class going forward but brutal at defending.

Anyone else agree?

Evra is a born and bred full-back. Changing his position so late in his career would have catastrophic consequences.

However, I'm hoping to see Büttner over there if I'm being honest. I wished for the same thing in the return leg of the Bayern game (to provide defensive stability), but under a new manager and new tactics, plus the added bonus of having the same nationality, Büttner might just prevail, who knows?

From what I've read in the past couple of days, Januzaj doesn't seem to be in van Gaal's plans at all, which is pretty worrying to be fair. I'm praying he doesn't get loaned out to another top-flight club for "lacking the experience".

Kroos said Man United deal is not happening' date=' Rues told he does not want to go to ManU and rather stay. Player wanting to stay with their club means they feel their club is better than the one which wants them. Its a fact that those player have actually rejected a move to United. It's no secret Kroos wanted away from Munich. And as for having a dig, its just something of which you can not complaint cause majority of your own fellas roam around thread doing that :o[/quote']

So, what you're saying is that United are the only club interested in Kroos and Reus?

Have these players actually said they don't want to join United or have they said they want to stay at their current clubs?

As for the dig, I don't give a toss about the dig itself, was pointing out the fact that Konoplyanka's apparent comment had already been mentioned below.

So' date=' what you're saying is that United are the only club interested in Kroos and Reus?

Have these players actually said they don't want to join United or have they said they want to stay at their current clubs?

As for the dig, I don't give a toss about the dig itself, was pointing out the fact that Konoplyanka's apparent comment had already been mentioned below.[/quote']

Your bad mood/anger (for the lack of a better word) is misdirected.

You (as in Utd supporters; not you personally) were the ones saying those players will join you. There wasn't a rumour too outrageous to not be posted on here. Not an opportunity was missed to declare how massive a club Utd are (which you are but there is a difference between stating the general stature of the club and completely overestimating your current appeal on the transfer market). I have lost count of the many reasons listed why all big players would love to join Utd etc. Of the starting XI's you will be playing with etc.

You (see distinction above) brought the (so far harmless) digs and slights on yourself. The mugs in your midst are responsable for that.

Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

Sunday Express "say" that van Gaal is ready to part with Juan Mata' date=' with Barcelona interested.

Well that's my comedy night done.

Any "opinions"?[/quote']

Never going to happen, I'll take this post of yours down to you being bord and posting for fun. smileys-sighing-and-waiting-205679.gif

Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

Sunday Express "say" that van Gaal is ready to part with Juan Mata' date=' with Barcelona interested.

Well that's my comedy night done.

Any "opinions"?[/quote']

The other day Mata was one of four players that Van Gaal rated as worth keeping... I think rumours of players coming in has dried up over the last couple of days so they've thrown in a player out rumour to get them over the weekend...