Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

That's the 23 men squad :o Cavaleiro is one of the 7 that are on prevention if any injury happens.

Oh my bad, I didn't realise.

Still, Nani could easily be replaced with someone with a better season, but Bebe isn't really an option. Maybe in two years it might be a different story.

Why? Welbeck is a very good English player and a lot better then many give him credit for because they rarely actually watch him play and track him on a pitch. He's intelligent' date=' hard working and quick so I really hope we don't get rid of him.[/quote']

Oh Benny boy,I love you!Spot on.

Yes many people do not see the fact that Welbeck is a hard-working player' date=' he may not have the flair that many crave for, but when told to press from the front to win the ball back, he is willing to do it for the team. His work rate is top notch, almost on par with Park. This single trait is not much, but it is what he is good at and many overlook it.

Plus he is a homegrown lad, why would Utd sell him?[/quote']

Welbeck is frustrated at the fact he has played on the left for the majority of the season under David Moyes' date=' I don't think he'll leave, nobody would like to play in an uncomfortabe position, same situation with Cavani, just something you have to adapt to, leaving the club would not be the way to go about it, honestly.[/quote']
I would keep Welbeck.If he is content with coming of the bench or playing from time to time (which he prob isn't) then I would hold onto him.
Why? Welbeck is a very good English player and a lot better then many give him credit for because they rarely actually watch him play and track him on a pitch. He's intelligent' date=' hard working and quick so I really hope we don't get rid of him.[/quote']

He's useless, he's so overrated it's ridiculous, he's a striker, his main job is score goals, does he do that? No, his miss against Bayern sums up everything about why I want him to leave, Hernandez is someone who you can bring on and will nick you a goal, he might not work as hard or track back but he'll get goals which is what he's there for, seeing Welbeck coming on with 20 mins to go losing by a goal doesn't give me any confidence that he'll actually score...

What does it matter that he's homegrown? I wouldn't care if he was from outer Mongolia as long as he can score goals which is what he's meant to be there for

He's useless' date=' he's so overrated it's ridiculous, he's a striker, his main job is score goals, does he do that? No, his miss against Bayern sums up everything about why I want him to leave, Hernandez is someone who you can bring on and will nick you a goal, he might not work as hard or track back but he'll get goals which is what he's there for, seeing Welbeck coming on with 20 mins to go losing by a goal doesn't give me any confidence that he'll actually score...

What does it matter that he's homegrown? I wouldn't care if he was from outer Mongolia as long as he can score goals which is what he's meant to be there for[/quote']

I also agree to this . He could have taken us to the semifinals had he not destroyed the game by missing the open chance. Chicha could have scored it easily. He's clearly not the one for top level. I'll not be surprised if he joins a club like Leicester.

He's useless' date=' he's so overrated it's ridiculous, he's a striker, his main job is score goals, does he do that? No, his miss against Bayern sums up everything about why I want him to leave, Hernandez is someone who you can bring on and will nick you a goal, he might not work as hard or track back but he'll get goals which is what he's there for, seeing Welbeck coming on with 20 mins to go losing by a goal doesn't give me any confidence that he'll actually score...

What does it matter that he's homegrown? I wouldn't care if he was from outer Mongolia as long as he can score goals which is what he's meant to be there for[/quote']

When he's played as striker he's scored goals. He's played out wide, out of position and has been tactically used to stop attacks building from deep. There are very few players capable of working hard, forward and back and scoring as often as he does.

His miss against Bayern sums up everything that is good about him, he showed pace, determination, strength and confidence to get through the defence and create that chance. All that was missing was the execution which isn't easy when you're under so much pressure, have been running yourself ragged and are facing one of the best keepers in the world. Welbeck just needs time upfront as the main man to develop.

Hernandez has been much worse than Welbeck this season and squandered more chances than him. The difference is if Welbeck misses he makes it up in other areas of the pitch far more than Hernandez.

If he's homegrown he satisfies rules for one, it's also great to see young English talent playing in the top clubs.

How many games have you seen of Welbeck in the flesh where you have been able to see all of his contribution to the team and I don't mean games on TV or the highlights on MOTD?

I also agree to this . He could have taken us to the semifinals had he not destroyed the game by missing the open chance. Chicha could have scored it easily. He's clearly not the one for top level. I'll not be surprised if he joins a club like Leicester.

Did anyone else make themselves a chance half as good? No. Stop blaming Welbeck for the sides poor performance. He was the only forward player offering us anything upfront in terms of commitment and danger. Hernandez would never have worked himself into that position' date=' he's not strong enough or determined enough and can't dribble well enough to do what Welbeck did.

I think a lot of you need to watch him play properly to appreciate him. If/when he's gone you'll miss him in the big games.

Not this again. Hernandez v Welbeck, been discussed on here enough times.

Only because people are stupid enough to try and compare them.

They are two completely different kinds of striker.

I think a lot of you need to watch him play properly to appreciate him. If/when he's gone you'll miss him in the big games.

This ^^

Welbeck offers us so much more than goals (albeit he needs to score more). In recent big games he has proven to be our best player on the pitch, look at the Madrid games for example.

I for what it's worth, want him to stay.

I think that you selling Welbeck could work out similarly to Chelsea selling Sturridge. Both young' date=' homegrown players who haven't been trusted in their best position and could well excel elsewhere if played there.[/quote']

only small clubs with less talented strikers would play him in his position. No one's gonna play him ahead when they already have RVP, Rooney and Chicha. And if he really has potential like you say then loaning him out is the best decision IMO.

only small clubs with less talented strikers would play him in his position. No one's gonna play him ahead when they already have RVP' date=' Rooney and Chicha. And if he really has potential like you say then loaning him out is the best decision IMO.[/quote']

Liverpool bought Sturridge from Chelsea and then finished ahead of them with him playing up front. Spurs and Everton both finished above you last season and both would probably start Welbeck up front. He wouldn't accept a loan move either. He's old enough for you to make a decision one way or another. Buying RVP has really screwed over both Welbeck and Hernandez.

The usual morons comparing Chicharito with Welbeck.

All Welbeck lacks is some composure. Once that is fixed, he can/will be a very important player. Selling him might have a similar effect as Sturridge had, as Stuart already pointed out.

Chicharito lacks much, much more, and his finishing isn't great either (for those who're still talking about the Bayern game). He's had some shocking one-on-one misses too, not to mention in a less-pressured situation, which makes it worse.

Welbeck's a marvel really. The fact he causes so much division amongst club fans, not even just United fans, is incredible. People seem to struggle to come to a conclusion over players like him and Milner. And i don't know why.

They're bloody terrible. And the worst thing is Welbeck knows it too. He knows a lot of people are cottoning on to him hence his little "i'm being played out position" whinge.

Welbeck's a marvel really. The fact he causes so much division amongst club fans' date=' not even just United fans, is incredible. People seem to struggle to come to a conclusion over players like him and Milner. And i don't know why.

They're bloody terrible. And the worst thing is Welbeck knows it too. He knows a lot of people are cottoning on to him hence his little "i'm being played out position" whinge.[/quote']

You could have said exactly the same about Aaron Ramsey when he was struggling away on the right wing. He's been superb this season in a central role.

Welbeck's a marvel really. The fact he causes so much division amongst club fans' date=' not even just United fans, is incredible. People seem to struggle to come to a conclusion over players like him and Milner. And i don't know why.

They're bloody terrible. And the worst thing is Welbeck knows it too. He knows a lot of people are cottoning on to him hence his little "i'm being played out position" whinge.[/quote']

Based on what? The amount of criticism they get?

You always tend to say that X and Y are crap, yet I never see why you think so.

Liverpool bought Sturridge from Chelsea and then finished ahead of them with him playing up front. Spurs and Everton both finished above you last season and both would probably start Welbeck up front. He wouldn't accept a loan move either. He's old enough for you to make a decision one way or another. Buying RVP has really screwed over both Welbeck and Hernandez.

Sturridge fitted in Liverpool tactics well. Spurs and Everton will never buy him even for a free transfer and he agrees to pay them to play him. If he is really unhappy with his position then considering the LVG's famous pants stunt I don't think he'll stay for long. And about RVP joining us I don't care if 1 or 2 players screwed. He helped us win the 20th title. I still relish the last minute free kick against city in the 3-2 win over city. They both can't reach that level even in dreams.

Based on what? The amount of criticism they get?

You always tend to say that X and Y are crap' date=' yet I never see why you think so.[/quote']

Based on how they play, every week. It's very simple.

I hate people who over complicate things, thinking something is deeper then it actually is.

Not true at all. He's an excellent poacher and his goal record for England shows that.

He has 8 goals for England and 4 of them were against the world beaters San Marino and Moldova, 3 of them in friendlies against Belgium, Sweden and Scotland and 1 vs Sweden in Euro 2012... plus the 1 goal in the 2012-13 season in the 27 games he played

Based on how they play' date=' every week. It's very simple.

I hate people who over complicate things, thinking something is deeper then it actually is.[/quote']

So I imagine your opinion changes often? Are you Piers Morgan by any chance?

And besides, if you don't look "deeper", there is no such thing as "potential", hence everything should be labelled as "luck", which isn't the case, as you even showed by defending the Ramsey-case.

For the record, I hate people who contradict themselves.