Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

I'm probably gonna be slaughtered for saying this in the United thread' date=' but here it goes: I don't think you guys have a great squad. You definitely have players to do better than you did this season, but you need to sign at least [b']3 or 4 quality players.[/b]

You really have to bring in some young blood, mainly for your defence imo. Your midfield also needs strengthening.

I'd get rid of Nani, Smalling and Cleverley, too. I reckon a big club, like United, could find much better alternatives.

And, in the next 1-2 seasons, you have to start thinking about replacing some very good players (like Carrick and RVP), who aren't getting any younger.

I'm sure this will be a very active Summer for United. :D

Slaughtered? Why? You'd probably get slaughtered for saying the opposite.

I would have agreed with you on the "3 or 4 quality players", but bear in mind that this is still the exact same team that won the title under Ferguson, albeit with a few "reinforcements".

In no way am I implying that LvG and SAF are on the same level, but LvG has a proven experience to get the best out of his players, which is in theory the only thing Fergie needed to do.

The strengthening speaks for itself, with the amount of (expected) departures.

I personally wouldn't get rid of Smalling, Nani and, God forbid, Cleverly yet. We all know what Nani is "capable" of. What we don't know is whether the old fireworks will reignite under LvG or whether he'll sink deeper into his despair.

What Smalling and Cleverly need is a fixed position at the moment. Both have not had any definitive role under Moyes, and even under SAF in Cleverly's case, which makes it hard for a player to become good in a particular aspect of play.

I believe that, with a bit of (very) good coaching, Smalling can be a reliable CB, which would save the cost of overspending on someone like Mangala. That doesn't mean that United shouldn't worry about looking for a new CB though. After all, one of their best CB duo's has just been dismantled.

And now it's my time to get slaughtered, but I believe that, to a certain extent, that could be the case with Cleverly as well, although the CM spot really needs a new face. Cleverly could still be a useful utility player in my opinion (à la James Milner), considering he gets the right coaching.

I'm not terribly worried about Carrick and RvP to be honest. LvG will definitely do a decent job with his compatriot, and as for Carrick, well, LvG did get the best out of MvB, so that might just work out for him too.

And finally, as many are saying that this will be a busy summer, I believe quite the opposite. I have absolutely no trust in that clown who goes by the name of Edward Woodward. The whole Shaw situation says enough really.

So yes, while Chelsea, Liverpool and all the other big clubs are getting their targets, United watch and wait. I predict two players to come, tops, of which one might even be an abundance. But with low expectations come massive surprises (if there are any), so patience is the key at the moment.

Slaughtered? Why? You'd probably get slaughtered for saying the opposite.

I would have agreed with you on the "3 or 4 quality players"' date=' but bear in mind that this is still the exact same team that won the title under Ferguson, albeit with a few "reinforcements".

In no way am I implying that LvG and SAF are on the same level, but LvG has a proven experience to get the best out of his players, which is in theory the only thing Fergie needed to do.

The strengthening speaks for itself, with the amount of (expected) departures.

I personally wouldn't get rid of Smalling, Nani and, God forbid, Cleverly yet. We all know what Nani is "capable" of. What we don't know is whether the old fireworks will reignite under LvG or whether he'll sink deeper into his despair.

What Smalling and Cleverly need is a fixed position at the moment. Both have not had any definitive role under Moyes, and even under SAF in Cleverly's case, which makes it hard for a player to become good in a particular aspect of play.

I believe that, with a bit of (very) good coaching, Smalling can be a reliable CB, which would save the cost of overspending on someone like Mangala. That doesn't mean that United shouldn't worry about looking for a new CB though. After all, one of their best CB duo's has just been dismantled.

And now it's my time to get slaughtered, but I believe that, to a certain extent, that could be the case with Cleverly as well, although the CM spot really needs a new face. Cleverly could still be a useful utility player in my opinion (à la James Milner), considering he gets the right coaching.

I'm not terribly worried about Carrick and RvP to be honest. LvG will definitely do a decent job with his compatriot, and as for Carrick, well, LvG did get the best out of MvB, so that might just work out for him too.

And finally, as many are saying that this will be a busy summer, I believe quite the opposite. I have absolutely no trust in that clown who goes by the name of Edward Woodward. The whole Shaw situation says enough really.

So yes, while Chelsea, Liverpool and all the other big clubs are getting their targets, United watch and wait. I predict two players to come, tops, of which one might even be an abundance. But with low expectations come massive surprises (if there are any), so patience is the key at the moment.[/quote']

You make plenty of very good points.

I'd just like to add 2 things.

You're right: Utd has basically the same squad from when they were champions, for the last time.

But you guys had a slightly younger Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic, while you had a beast of a RVP.

And you still had one of the best coaches / managers in the history of football. But you're in good hands with van Gaal, from my point of view.

As for Nani, yes, he's capable of a lot more.

I feel it's more of a mental problem now. I honestly believe he needs a change of club and United would also benefit from that imo.

But don't get me wrong lads, United has a good squad. However, it hasn't got the same quality and depth as Chelsea and mainly City's, for me.

I personally wouldn't get rid of Smalling' date=' Nani and, God forbid, Cleverly yet. We all know what Nani is "capable" of. What we don't know is whether the old fireworks will reignite under LvG or whether he'll sink deeper into his despair.[/quote']

I+can+t+believe+it+I+have+always+wanted+a+wood+_b0a17b1e764a3d0d2db00145521e1f27.gif

Its been very quite on the transfer front for us so far.Of course the WC is just around the corner but I was hoping to have Shaw signed by now and 1 or 2 others.

Not going to read to much into it as yet, hopefully movement will begin after the WC and we start signing some of those players we so desperately need.

Hopefully LVG will bring a few of those Dutch players he is currently managing in the NT with him, more so the younger talent that there is there.

The mocking is unnecessary' date=' and that especially coming from you.[/quote']

I'm not mocking you, its my expression when i read your post.

I have no way of showing you how i responded to it so it was the only way to give you an idea of how i felt when i read it.

Nothing to do with mocking, I am allowed to express my views on post as i see to as is anyone else regardless of there status.

Many other members do it all the time on other threads, as a way to express what they are feeling when reading reading such toosh.

I'm not mocking you' date=' its my expression when i read your post.[/color']

I have no way of showing you how i responded to it so it was the only way to give you an idea of how i felt when i read it.

Nothing to do with mocking, I am allowed to express my views on post as i see to as is anyone else regardless of there status.

Many other members do it all the time on other threads, as a way to express what they are feeling when reading reading such toosh.

Incorrect.

Most other forumers also defend their opinion as to why they agree/disagree, not simply post an idiotic GIF depicting their "reaction".

Also, please learn how to write. It hurts my brain.

Incorrect.

Most other forumers also defend their opinion as to why they agree/disagree' date=' not simply post an idiotic GIF depicting their "reaction".

Also, please learn how to write. It hurts my brain.[/quote']

I disagree simply because I think Nani and Smalling are rubbish.

I had no way of showing you what I thought of such rubbish so I had to give some sort of display and that was the nearest thing.

Again, I cant help how you feel or what hurts you, I post as i see it.

Your meant to have offered more wages to Fabregas than Chelsea, not offered a bid to Barcelona for him yet though.

I'd much prefer him to go to Utd than Chelsea, i know others disagree but i think he would suit Utd much better and is a player Utd would benefit more from than Chelsea.

Any sources? Both clubs rather quite on Shaw actually as far as I'm concerned.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2091896-manchester-united-transfer-news-luke-shaw-reportedly-agrees-to-staggering-terms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football

I've seen it here but haven't seen or heard it anywhere else, BBC Sport reckoned they had gone off Shaw and were looking for Alba a couple of days ago so I reckon either or both stories could be a slow newsday :)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2091896-manchester-united-transfer-news-luke-shaw-reportedly-agrees-to-staggering-terms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football

I've seen it here but haven't seen or heard it anywhere else' date=' BBC Sport reckoned they had gone off Shaw and were looking for Alba a couple of days ago so I reckon either or both stories could be a slow newsday :)[/quote']

Absolute nonsense again.

A couple of days without any United news and the media decide to take faith in their own hands and suggest that Shaw is reported to have "agreed a 160k/w deal"? I mean, do they even read their own stuff before publishing it?

Absolute nonsense again.

A couple of days without any United news and the media decide to take faith in their own hands and suggest that Shaw is reported to have "agreed a 160k/w deal"? I mean' date=' do they even read their own stuff before publishing it?[/quote']

Nothing wrong with it at all, he was seen house hunting in Manchester few weeks back.

He knows exactly where he is going and so do the papers its just they cant confirm 100% because he hasn't signed yet.

There hasn't been a couple of days with out United news.

Mirror reported yesterday that Mandzukic could be on his way to United and that Hummels will join also.

Nothing wrong with it at all' date=' he was seen house hunting in Manchester few weeks back.[/color']

He knows exactly where he is going and so do the papers its just they cant confirm 100% because he hasn't signed yet.

Mirror reported yesterday that Mandzukic could be on his way to United and that Hummels will join also.

Shot yourself in the foot there by saying that you believe what the DM says.

Shaw might have been house hunting in Greater Manchester, but this is about an agreement being made, not about the likelihood of him joining. And as far as I'm concerned, that still isn't the case.

What makes it worse are the numbers. United would never offer a 160k/w starting deal for anyone, let alone an 18-year old.

Shot yourself in the foot there by saying that you believe what the DM says.

Shaw might have been house hunting in Greater Manchester' date=' but this is about an agreement being made, not about the likelihood of him joining. And as far as I'm concerned, that still isn't the case.

What makes it worse are the numbers. United would never offer a 160k/w starting deal for anyone, let alone an 18-year old.[/quote']

I never said i believe what DM said.I said that there had been news on United yesterday about Mandzukic coming there because you said.

A couple of days without any United news and the media decide to take faith in their own hands

Meaning' date=' there has been news on United, meaning it has not been a couple of days with out news.[/color']

And it was not DM that said he was house hunting if thats where you think I got the info from, I read it in another newspaper.

My foot seems pretty fine to me, even with the guns still in my hand.

smileys-beating-and-fighting-931456.gif

Nothing wrong with it at all' date=' he was seen house hunting in Manchester few weeks back.[/color']

At least read some good sources..Mirror,gosh.

United in advanced talks to swap Cleverley a couple of goats and a bag of sweets for Messi and Nani is on his way to Real Madrid along with three ball boys and the tea lady.

Madrid are happy with this deal as the tea ladies cuppas are "legendary." It was in the Daily Drivel so it must be true.

United in advanced talks to swap Cleverley a couple of goats and a bag of sweets for Messi and Nani is on his way to Real Madrid along with three ball boys and the tea lady.

Madrid are happy with this deal as the tea ladies cuppas are "legendary." It was in the Daily Drivel so it must be true.

What sweets? Rhubarb and Custards and Barca have got themselves a bargain!

Big loss if that's true aparantly 86 year old Dorris and 91 year old Maggie are the only thing keeping Rooney at United with 3/4 of his new contract going towards private cream tea parties with them. Aparantly they have nice baps.

I find it very believable. :o:D