Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Johnson' date=' Skrtel and Flannagan. I can see your point but Sakho is mind bogglingly terrible.[/quote']

Sakho is just about the only good defender we have. A lot of people seem to have the misconception that he's hazardous because his running style looks so awkward, but he is actually very good and I expect him to develop a fair bit once he picks up the language properly and gets to form a partnership with someone other than Martin Skrtel who is as hazardous as any defender in the league.

But anyway, the point you made is correct. You don't necessarily need a strong defense to be in the top 4 or challenge for the title, but right now you don't have the attack to compensate for it.

What a great tactical change from LvG in the WC.

I can't wait for the new season ahead, VG is just what we needed to get us back to winning ways.

Full of confidence ahead of the season, hope the signings keep coming so we can have the squad we need to get our titles and medals back.

Glory Glory Man.United.

What a great tactical change from LvG in the WC.

I can't wait for the new season ahead' date=' VG is just what we needed to get us back to winning ways.

Full of confidence ahead of the season, hope the signings keep coming so we can have the squad we need to get our titles and medals back.

Glory Glory Man.United.

Personally think it was an awful decision.

What must the number 1 keeper be thinking? That could ruin his confidence for the next game (If he comes up against a penalty, hes gonna massively doubt himself, even though a keeper has nothing to lose). I can understand bringing someone on to take a pen, but that is so harsh on the keeper who made a save at the end to take it to penalties.

It paid off, but had they not made the change they still might have won as none of the Holland players missed. Tactically he should have brought a second striker much earlier in the game as they werent troubled defensively until extra time.

What must the number 1 keeper be thinking? That could ruin his confidence for the next game (If he comes up against a penalty' date=' hes gonna massively doubt himself, even though a keeper has nothing to lose). I can understand bringing someone on to take a pen, but that is so harsh on the keeper who made a save at the end to take it to penalties.

It paid off, but had they not made the change they still might have won as none of the Holland players missed. Tactically he should have brought a second striker much earlier in the game as they werent troubled defensively until extra time.[/quote']

What a moronic post.

Let's not sub anyone ever again in case it hurts their feelings:rolleyes: Jesus christ.

Tactically, the Dutch created the sum total of nothing after they brought on Huntelaar and Costa Rica looked much better after that change so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

What is everyone's thoughts on Zaha? Is there room for him in the team and will LvG use him and play him when he takes over.

I think there is room for him in the squad especially if there is a injury.

Papers reporting he might be sold..

Sadly, I think Zaha wouldn't make it in United. He has attitude problems as far as I know and with the likes of Januzaj clearly ahead of him in packing order, there is little that he can make a break through, unless LvG can get the best out of him. A loan out this season it will be otherwise be sold.

What a moronic post.

Let's not sub anyone ever again in case it hurts their feelings:rolleyes: Jesus christ.

Tactically' date=' the Dutch created the sum total of nothing after they brought on Huntelaar and Costa Rica looked much better after that change so I'm not sure what you are talking about.[/quote']

i agree with this, the way i look at it is this:

how many times do you see strikers or AMs subbed on before penalties because they are better penalty takers than the players on the pitch at the moment?

if this happened nobody would bat an eye.

nobody would say - why didnt you trust the player already on the pitch?

so when it is a gk you sub the person you think is best why does that same attitude suddenly change?

confusing.

What is everyone's thoughts on Zaha? Is there room for him in the team and will LvG use him and play him when he takes over.

I wouldn't understand selling him, he's quick skillful and English.

With the right coaching he could be an important player for United in the future just a shame he arrived when Moyes did.

I hope he stays and we sell off others to allow him a chance to impress but who knows probably a loan.

The papers are almost labelling every second United player as "not in LvG's plans", despite him not actually having had contact with any of the players as yet.

If true, selling him would be a horrible decision in my opinion. He's quite literally untested, and is actually extremely skilful, although a lot needs improving before anyone can place a solid judgement.

Transfer News

- Manchester United are preparing to make an opening bid for Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal. The Red Devils understand the Chile international is open to a switch to Old Trafford and are ready to make contact with Juve.

There also talk about his value, media quoting 40mil, 45 mil plus Nani and 62mil package with Nani involved

- United planning Janmaat, 24, has offered around £4million, but Feyenoord wants £7m for their player

- Sporting has announced that W Carvalho can leave at the right price

- De Vrij agent claims no approach has been made

- Belgium are knocked out, Is the Vermaelen transfer true? guess we have to wait a few days to see

- LVG has come out and said Man United are missing a De Jong type of player

What must the number 1 keeper be thinking? That could ruin his confidence for the next game (If he comes up against a penalty' date=' hes gonna massively doubt himself, even though a keeper has nothing to lose). I can understand bringing someone on to take a pen, but that is so harsh on the keeper who made a save at the end to take it to penalties.

It paid off, but had they not made the change they still might have won as none of the Holland players missed. Tactically he should have brought a second striker much earlier in the game as they werent troubled defensively until extra time.[/quote']

It took balls to do what Van Gaal did, Krul guessed the correct way for every penalty so it was obviously something he had Krul working on all week, it was a brilliant decision, tactically, they couldn't have done anymore, they hit the woodwork 3-4 times, keeper was in a great form and Costa Rica parked the bus, barely had a shot on goal and didn't get a corner until extra time, they had a great world cup and don't forget that Italy, England, Uruguay and Greece couldn't beat them so Van Gaal went for something different and it worked

He wasn't great on loan at Cardiff, should have been his time to shine but ended up only being a sub towards the end of the season but under Van Gaal he might improve and have a future. Hopefully Nani and Young will be on their way sooner than later so he could come in useful

Your new home Kit is awful.....don't like it at all, I wouldn't like any United shirt obviously in theory but the styling of this one....uurrgghh.

I would criticise more but I have just seen the release of our third kit, that will divide opinion shall I say...:P

Your new home Kit is awful.....don't like it at all' date=' I wouldn't like any United shirt obviously in theory but the styling of this one....uurrgghh.

I would criticise more but I have just seen the release of our third kit, that will divide opinion shall I say...:P[/quote']

Can't really criticise with the money they're paying United haha. :P

Can't really criticise with the money they're paying United haha. :P

Good job to if your spending 35m on teenage left backs ;)

Fair point though, much like Warrior and our kits I don't really care to much but they pay handsomely :)

As it happens all our home kits have always been decent but some of the away/3rd kits have been hard to love shall we say, but your home kit really is minging this time round.

Your new home Kit is awful.....don't like it at all' date=' I wouldn't like any United shirt obviously in theory but the styling of this one....uurrgghh.

I would criticise more but I have just seen the release of our third kit, that will divide opinion shall I say...:P[/quote']

It's a real shame how big the Chevrolet emblem is to be honest as it's a lovely shirt without it on.

Don't think I'll be rushing to buy one anytime soon though.

Good job to if your spending 35m on teenage left backs ;)

Fair point though' date=' much like Warrior and our kits I don't really care to much but they pay handsomely :)

As it happens all our home kits have always been decent but some of the away/3rd kits have been hard to love shall we say, but your home kit really is minging this time round.[/quote']

Well, at least the money is coming from somewhere. :P

And yes, I'm not disagreeing with you. I've never liked Chevy's logo and it looks like they've made it even bigger to get their money's worth I guess.

EDIT: Notice also how Kagawa is up front (with RvP and Rooney). We all know what that's all about.

And Ben, I'm sure it won't matter. Some Japanese fellow will buy it instead of me haha.

I agree' date=' it's rather good,

the Chevrolet logo as others say, is rather hmm.. hard to describe positively

but when you get 53 million just for that I'd say it's worth it[/quote']

A ludicrous sponsorship deal. I hope the United fans that were seething at Etihad's City sponsorship are equally irate about this.

Fun fact: the GM exec who sanctioned that deal was fired for paying far too much, according to his own company! Chevrolet don't even sell cars in Europe any more.

A ludicrous sponsorship deal. I hope the United fans that were seething at Etihad's City sponsorship are equally irate about this.

Fun fact: the GM exec who sanctioned that deal was fired for paying far too much' date=' according to his own company! Chevrolet don't even sell cars in Europe any more.[/quote']

and the chief marketing officer as well :eek:

but we got the money and we can spend it, rather than spend the money our owner gives us :P

and the chief marketing officer as well :eek:

but we got the money and we can spend it' date=' rather than spend the money our owner gives us :P[/quote']

Our Etihad sponsorship is how many less intelligent rival fans claimed our owner was giving us money.

That, and we're likely to break even this season :)

Less about City though, United thread. Who do you realistically see filling the gaps in defence? I think you could do with a RB and a CB but your thoughts may differ.