Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Both those papers also said Di Maria was bound for PSG' date=' now, one is saying Di Maria has said no to PSG and yes to Arsenal because of CL football.

Not saying anything is true or not but I think the moral of this is, to wait till a deal is 100% confirmed.

I also think that we will get Vidal despite the head lines saying we won't spend OTT for him.[/color']

smiley-ashamed002.gif

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Both those papers also said Di Maria was bound for PSG' date=' now, one is saying Di Maria has said no to PSG and yes to Arsenal because of CL football.

Not saying anything is true or not but I think the moral of this is, to wait till a deal is 100% confirmed.

I also think that we will get Vidal despite the head lines saying we won't spend OTT for him.[/color']

smiley-ashamed002.gif

My point is that you happily take these stories as fact when they're good news and ignore them when they're bad news.

None of the papers know anything, and Sky are just as bad.

My point is that you happily take these stories as fact when they're good news and ignore them when they're bad news.

None of the papers know anything' date=' and Sky are just as bad.[/quote']

I never ignored anything, I haven't read the papers yet as I just got home from work.

When I have read the papers, which I have now, I would of said Vidal deal could be off, but I wouldn't believe it because United would pay to get him so there isn't a repeat of last season and so our mid is fixed.

smiley-dance010.gif

I never ignored anything' date=' I haven't read the papers yet as I just got home from work.

When I have read the papers, which I have now, I would of said Vidal deal could be off, but I wouldn't believe it because United would pay to get him so there isn't a repeat of last season and so our mid is fixed.[/color']

smiley-dance010.gif

Deluded. and clueless.

Media talk keeps doing is he or isn't he joining United

They say about Vidal knee injury but LVG want Strootman and he has a way worse injury than Vidal

Just buy Vidal and rest him

He hasn't had much of a rest from his surgery (under a month) and United just want more info on his injury

They say Vidal is in Chile, holiday/resting and will return in 2 weeks

Story will drag on

So, according to the Guardian, who quotes Juve's CEO, Marotta himself(so don't shoot the messenger) has stated that Vidal is not for sale and is content at Turin....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/16/arturo-vidal-not-joining-manchester-united-juventus

BBC too; http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28334166

So' date=' according to the Guardian, who quotes Juve's CEO, Marotta himself(so don't shoot the messenger) has stated that Vidal is not for sale and is content at Turin....

[url']http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/16/arturo-vidal-not-joining-manchester-united-juventus[/url]

BBC too; http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28334166

I don't blame him for saying that as all he's trying to do is get the best possible deal for the club. He's hoping that clubs will either increase their offers for Vidal or will just back off, thus meaning he stays at the club (although perhaps not contently, which could cause issues in the future). Or everything he said is true, but I have my doubts about that.

I personally think he'll be a United player next season, but who really knows?

It'd be refreshing to actually hear from the player himself for once, although I know the aftermath that that can cause. Someone wouldn't end up happy but that's the way football works I'm afraid.

I don't blame him for saying that as all he's trying to do is get the best possible deal for the club. He's hoping that clubs will either increase their offers for Vidal or will just back off' date=' thus meaning he stays at the club (although perhaps not contently, which could cause issues in the future). Or everything he said is true, but I have my doubts about that.

I personally think he'll be a United player next season, but who really knows?

It'd be refreshing to actually hear from the player himself for once, although I know the aftermath that that can cause. Someone wouldn't end up happy but that's the way football works I'm afraid.[/quote']

I agree, essentially what has happened is Juve have said you can have him for £34m I believe and United have said we'll give you £30m.

With Conte leaving the club don't want to appear weak and give into United so they are posturing in the hope that United will up the offer.

Vidal has already said he'd like to play at United as it's a huge club but also that he's happy at Juve personally I think in Vidal's case United should stump up the cash as £4m isn't worth a lot to us in terms of what we could bring in but Vidal would be a massive signing.

I agree' date=' essentially what has happened is Juve have said you can have him for £34m I believe and United have said we'll give you £30m.

With Conte leaving the club don't want to appear weak and give into United so they are posturing in the hope that United will up the offer.

Vidal has already said he'd like to play at United as it's a huge club but also that he's happy at Juve [b']personally I think in Vidal's case United should stump up the cash as £4m isn't worth a lot to us in terms of what we could bring in but Vidal would be a massive signing.[/b]

I don't think he'll keep it at 34M though.

I agree' date=' essentially what has happened is Juve have said you can have him for £34m I believe and United have said we'll give you £30m.

Vidal has already said he'd like to play at United as it's a huge club but also that he's happy at Juve personally I think in Vidal's case United should stump up the cash as £4m isn't worth a lot to us in terms of what we could bring in but Vidal would be a massive signing.[/quote']

You and Vidal have already agreed terms so he is more than happy to join Man Utd. I think it probably will end up happening but it will obviously now end up being dragged out more.

I don't think he'll keep it at 34M though.

That's why I feel United should act sooner rather than later. The longer it draws out the less interested we seem and the more likely it is that Vidal will just stay.

United have the chance to sign arguably the most complete CM in the world right now and we're dithering over a few million.

You and Vidal have already agreed terms so he is more than happy to join Man Utd. I think it probably will end up happening but it will obviously now end up being dragged out more.

Haven't seen a reliable source say we've agreed terms yet so I'm not convinced but it would appear that both player and the club are keen just Juventus wanting to raise his price a bit.