• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

United are going to win anything (big) this season' date=' simply due to the fact that there aren't enough stars in the squad, compared to the City's and the Chelsea's.[/quote']

We have the same team that won it under Sir Alex, and now we have the likes of Mata, Shaw and Herrera in addition to the squad.

Not enough stars in the team? Minus the 3 I just named we won the league with out them, now we have 3 more quality players that I have named.

Not enough stars in the team? :rolleyes: If we won it with the same team before why can't we win it now.

We have the same team that won it under Sir Alex' date=' and now we have the likes of Mata, Shaw and Herrera in addition to the squad.

Not enough stars in the team? Minus the 3 I just named we won the league with out them, now we have 3 more quality players that I have named.

Not enough stars in the team? :rolleyes: If we won it with the same team before why can't we win it now.[/color']

SAF won it when:

Liverpool were absolute garbage.

Everton were only contenders for the last European spot.

Arsenal were incredibly stingy.

Manchester City were disbanded.

Chelsea didn't have Mourinho.

The opposition was incredibly poor (in 12-13'), not to mention SAF's immense influence (on and off the pitch). As highly as people tend to rate LvG, I don't think he has the credentials to achieve such a feat in his first season.

SAF won it when:

Liverpool were absolute garbage.

Everton were only contenders for the last European spot.

Arsenal were incredibly stingy.

Manchester City were disbanded.

Chelsea didn't have Mourinho.

The opposition was incredibly poor (in 12-13')' date=' not to mention SAF's immense influence (on and off the pitch). As highly as people tend to rate LvG, I don't think he has the credentials to achieve such a feat in his first season.[/quote']

Regardless of the opposition we still won it with the same players plus 3 Moore decent ones now.

How do we not have enough stars when we won the league with those players.

If they are not stars, then it just goes to show you don't need stars to win the league.

Repeat, we won the league with the same squad, in addition we have another 3 talented players who will definitely help out, and your saying we don't have enough stars to win

Regardless of the opposition we still won it with the same players plus 3 Moore decent ones now.

How do we not have enough stars when we won the league with those players.

If they are not stars' date=' then it just goes to show you don't need stars to win the league.

Repeat, we won the league with the same squad, in addition we have another 3 talented players who will definitely help out, and your saying we don't have enough stars to win [/color']

To win the league you have to beat other teams.

It really isn't the same team anymore. Quite a few of the players have been sold or are not as good anymore. And like Ani said, the teams around United have improved a lot.

I think you need to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the transfer window (like Vidal) to have a chance of a top 4 spot imo.

It really isn't the same team anymore. Quite a few of the players have been sold or are not as good anymore. And like Ani said' date=' the teams around United have improved a lot.

I think you need to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the transfer window (like Vidal) to have a chance of a top 4 spot imo.[/quote']

True of course , but we have a good manager now that can get us on the right track and has a winning mentality.

Of course teams have got stronger, and so have we and will continue to.Not saying it's going to be easy by any means but we can do it.

And to say we have no stars in our team is just lame. We don't have a full star started squad but we have stars there no doubt.

imo, the table doesn't lie no matter which season. Reasons like team A were crap, team B were in transition, C had backroom problems etc are very poor. the same could be said of last season, where one could say Man City won it because Liverpool slipped, Chelsea lost to small teams, United were crap, Arsenal had injury problems and the bottom teams helped to beat all the other rivals for City to have a clear path to the title. City had injury problems as well and didn't fare that well against their title rivals, especially away from home.

long story short, the team that drops the least points wins.

imo' date=' the table doesn't lie no matter which season. Reasons like team A were crap, team B were in transition, C had backroom problems etc are very poor. the same could be said of last season, where one could say Man City won it because Liverpool slipped, Chelsea lost to small teams, United were crap, Arsenal had injury problems and the bottom teams helped to beat all the other rivals for City to have a clear path to the title. City had injury problems as well and didn't fare that well against their title rivals, especially away from home.

long story short, the team that drops the least points wins.[/quote']

I agree, the table doesn't lie BUT Utd were awful last season, even when playing clubs at the bottom you couldn't be confident they'd play well, score or win, I do think they'll be back in the top 4 at least this season, Liverpool without Suarez aren't going to be the same force, I don't think they've bought world class players to replace him and their best 3 players now would probably be Sturridge, Sterling and maybe Gerrard, I think they may slip to 5th this year. Chelsea have the best squad with Fabregas, Hazard, Costa, Oscar etc so I think they're favourites for the title, City of course have Kompany, Yaya, Aguero etc but Aguero's fitness isn't good for the past year so they may not get a full season out of him again but at the moment the title is between them and Chelsea. Arsenal have Sanchez now but unless he has the Suarez effect with Ozil performing for the full season, I can't see them winning it. I think Everton and Spurs will be there taking points off everyone again but Utd should be well able to finish above them, RVP fit, Rooney, Mata playing in his best position with LVG tactics should be a completely different prospect to the Moyes era so my predictions would be at the moment:

First: Chelsea

2nd: City

3rd/4th: Arsenal or Utd

5th Liverpool

@decdugg: last season? Yes I think 7th place was just about right for United. I concur with you on those predictions. Utd have a good shot at 3rd while Arsenal battle it out in Europe.

6th: Tottenham

7th: Everton

close call between the 2, but if used well Spurs have the bigger/better squad to finish higher. Newcastle in 8th

@decdugg: last season? Yes I think 7th place was just about right for United. I concur with you on those predictions. Utd have a good shot at 3rd while Arsenal battle it out in Europe.

6th: Tottenham

7th: Everton

close call between the 2' date=' but if used well Spurs have the bigger/better squad to finish higher. Newcastle in 8th[/quote']

No way are Everton ending behind Tottenham, even with Pochettino.

Newcastle aren't reaching eighth either. I'd probably give Stoke that spot.

1. City

2. Arsenal

3. Chelsea

4. United

5. Liverpool

No way are Everton ending behind Tottenham' date=' even with Pochettino.

Newcastle aren't reaching eighth either. I'd probably give Stoke that spot.

1. City

2. Arsenal

3. Chelsea

4. United

5. Liverpool[/quote']

wow Arsenal ahead of Chelsea, that would be a rub in the face for Fabregas and Mourinho will probably have to go.

United does have a strong chance winning the league this year

LVG has turned things on it head and who knows within 5 weeks if he bring in more

I think United fans are liking the passing, tempo, formation but I think LVG gonna have a nightmare to fit RVP, Rooney and Welbeck as all 3 want to play

LVG has brought back the winning mentality and he has the balls to put Cleverley and Smalling as Captain at points

Pressure on Chelsea and City

Both have keeper issue that could affect them

If Costa doesn't perform and get the goals they have to rely on 36 yrs old Drogba, they cant rely on Lampard goals now, hope Lukaku bite them in the ...

City has limits in Europe that might affect them, nothing really changed from them except they cant sell players

wow Arsenal ahead of Chelsea' date=' that would be a rub in the face for Fabregas and Mourinho will probably have to go.[/quote']

It's hard to predict who will end up higher position, I have no doubt United will do better than last season, van Gaal is a huge improvement and with United having only EPL to concentrate, kinda remind me of Liverpool's previous season. Hence, I wouldn't be surprise if United did very well for this season, they might even be able to win the title to be honest. As for Arsenal, depending on injury record this season.

EDIT: United might be able to win but I would say slim because they are in the transition period now.

Pressure on Chelsea and City

Both have keeper issue that could affect them

If Costa doesn't perform and get the goals they have to rely on 36 yrs old Drogba' date=' they cant rely on Lampard goals now, hope Lukaku bite them in the ...

[/quote']

How is having 2 of the 5 best keepers in the world an issue? id say its the opposite. I agree that if Costa misfires we have got fragile back-up in terms of an out-and-out striker. We haven't been able to rely on Lampard's goals for a couple of seasons now since his shift into the holding role and midfield goals haven't exactly been an issue for us seeing as we were the 3rd highest scoring team last season despite our strikers scoring less that 15 combined, We have also added Cesc who will be a more than adequate replacement for the Lampard of old.

How is having 2 of the 5 best keepers in the world an issue? id say its the opposite. I agree that if Costa misfires we have got fragile back-up in terms of an out-and-out striker. We haven't been able to rely on Lampard's goals for a couple of seasons now since his shift into the holding role and midfield goals haven't exactly been an issue for us seeing as we were the 3rd highest scoring team last season despite our strikers scoring less that 15 combined' date=' We have also added Cesc who will be a more than adequate replacement for the Lampard of old.[/quote']

Look at how De Gea and Lindergaard under Fergie worked

Look how Hart struggled when he was in/out of the team

Last season not so much on Lampard, as Mourinho kept changing the midfield but previous seasons yes

the CB and Keeper shouldn't be changed

6/1 for United to win 1st 5 games of the season - INSANE

Even taking bets on who be 1st fined for not speaking english

Insanely bad, yes. 6/1 is nothing for such a high-risk bet, even if the adversaries aren't particularly world-class. I can be sure that there will be at least one draw in those first five games.

Even so, the second bet seems more safe, with my money going on Rooney.

How is having 2 of the 5 best keepers in the world an issue? id say its the opposite. I agree that if Costa misfires we have got fragile back-up in terms of an out-and-out striker. We haven't been able to rely on Lampard's goals for a couple of seasons now since his shift into the holding role and midfield goals haven't exactly been an issue for us seeing as we were the 3rd highest scoring team last season despite our strikers scoring less that 15 combined' date=' We have also added Cesc who will be a more than adequate replacement for the Lampard of old.[/quote']

Cesc has never really been a good goalscorer in the EPL, so I wouldn't really consider him a 'more than adequate' replacement for Lampard as yet.

Two good goalkeepers is always a problem for the manager, as rotation causes mistakes, and if Mourinho is willing to freeze one or the other out, you can be guaranteed that someone will be on the move. And as good a prospect as Courtois is, Cech is still on another level.

Costa's fitness is his (and your) main worry.

Look at how De Gea and Lindergaard under Fergie worked

Look how Hart struggled when he was in/out of the team

Last season not so much on Lampard' date=' as Mourinho kept changing the midfield but previous seasons yes

the CB and Keeper shouldn't be changed[/quote']

Lindegaard was hardy on the same planet as De Gea, Cech or Courtois and De Gea improved immensely from the competition just as Hart has slumped from a lack there of. Need i point out the last time Chelsea had a top top Keeper in Cudicini who was put out of the team by a promising young prospect in Cech.

And I cant see us relying on a single source of midfield goals again with Cesc, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Willian, Salah, Van Ginkel and Matic all capable.