Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Agreed. Unfair on the ban getting lifted for this window. If you break rules you should be punished' date=' if it was a smaller club it wouldnt have been lifted.[/quote']

Obviously not, Barça are probably spending as much money on acquiring a distinguished law firm as a smaller club would annually spend on their players' wages, and still they have the nerve to say "Mès que un club".

They are "more than a club" in only one way, and that one way being a sophisticated criminal organisation - quite the hyperbole it might seem, but never in a million years will a team like Barça or Real be caught by the rules, not as things stand at the moment.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Guy's a poor defender' date=' injury prone and past his peak. As an Arsenal fan [i']I'm[/i] disappointed you're not landing him...

That Arsenal physio room had a knack of keeping players either crocked, unfit and out of form... :P

Then they move on and magically stay injury free

I have no doubt Thomas Vermaelen will rebuild his career and establish himself at Barca.

IMO think United have missed a trick here

;2968277']That Arsenal physio room had a knack of keeping players either crocked' date=' unfit and out of form... :P

I have no doubt Thomas Vermaelen will rebuild his career and establish himself at Barca.

IMO think United have missed a trick here[/quote']

like who?

i have a feeling you are basing this on RVP and thats about it....

diaby, wilshere and TV were injury prone too.

everyteam has injury prone players.

interesting stat: RVP played more minutes than he did at united due to injury his last 2 seasons.

So does Henriquez to a certain extent. The thing that bothers me more is that he would have definitely been worth a shot as a winger.

Don't think Henríquez has the standards like Wilson does

Other news

Roma centre-back Mehdi Benatia has been told he can leave the capital outfit if interested clubs stump up £49.6 million for him. Both Manchester United and Chelsea are keen on the Moroccan, though will hope to negotiate a lower fee

Javier Hernandez, Marouane Fellaini, Wilfried Zaha, Will Keane, Nani, Anderson, and Rafael apparently told they're not in LVG's plans and are set to leave. Good to see some dead wood gone, but Will Keane, Rafael and Chicharito are questionable. For Chicharito I suppose it makes sense as he needs to move on to get regular playing time either way. Will Keane is a bright lad, had his troubles with injuries, and I wish him the best of luck as he is sure to have a good career at the top level elsewhere if he stays injury free. Rafael I would have thought was the perfect fit for our to be formation. Getting rid of the lad doesn't make sense, as although he had his lapses last season, is still one of the finest RB's in the world.

;2968277']That Arsenal physio room had a knack of keeping players either crocked' date=' unfit and out of form... :P

IMO think United have missed a trick here[/quote']

Well Vermaelen has moved on and he's injured...

Javier Hernandez' date=' Marouane Fellaini, Wilfried Zaha, Will Keane, Nani, Anderson, and Rafael apparently told they're not in LVG's plans and are set to leave. Good to see some dead wood gone, but Will Keane, Rafael and Chicharito are questionable. For Chicharito I suppose it makes sense as he needs to move on to get regular playing time either way. Will Keane is a bright lad, had his troubles with injuries, and I wish him the best of luck as he is sure to have a good career at the top level elsewhere if he stays injury free. Rafael I would have thought was the perfect fit for our to be formation. Getting rid of the lad doesn't make sense, as although he had his lapses last season, [b']is still one of the finest RB's in the world.[/b]

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Laughing-In-Donnie-Darko-Gif.gif

In the world where a proper RB is a dying art' date=' please tell me 10/15 better ones Stuart as even that would still qualify him top 0.1% of the worlds RB's. If you're feeling really clever please name 30+ better RB's :)[/quote']

Please. You didn't mean it like that.

Regardless, in the PL alone I'd put him behind Zabaleta, Sagna, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Debuchy and Coleman. Then there's Lahm, Piszczek, Lichtsteiner, Aurier, Arbeloa, Alves and most probably others.

Regardless' date=' in the PL alone I'd put him behind Zabaleta, Sagna, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Debuchy and Coleman. Then there's Lahm, Piszczek, Lichtsteiner, Aurier, Arbeloa, Alves and most probably others.[/quote']

Lol some of those are comical choices but its your opinion and I respect it.

Regardless' date=' in the PL alone I'd put him behind Zabaleta, Sagna, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Debuchy and Coleman. Then there's Lahm, Piszczek, Lichtsteiner, Aurier, Arbeloa, Alves and most probably others.[/quote']

arbeloa?

i thought he has been really bad and out of form recently so carvajal would have been in your list ahead of him?

don't watch too much la liga but thought he struggling nowdays?

and as for who asked why sell rafael, he is quite injury prone and that may be a reason why.

arbeloa?

i thought he has been really bad and out of form recently so carvajal would have been in your list ahead of him?

don't watch too much la liga but thought he struggling nowdays?

and as for who asked why sell rafael' date=' he is quite injury prone and that may be a reason why.[/quote']

Fine, stick Carvajal in :P

Rafael one of the finest RB in the world, that made me laugh so hard i almost fell off my chair!

The guy is quick and can carry the ball forward well, that's about it. His end product is inconsistent and defensively he is a liability. I can perfectly understand why LVG would get rid of him.

Rafael one of the finest RB in the world' date=' that made me laugh so hard i almost fell off my chair!

The guy is quick and can carry the ball forward well, that's about it. His end product is inconsistent and defensively he is a liability. I can perfectly understand why LVG would get rid of him.[/quote']

Mate Rafael was quality under Fergie and we were all praising him then. The quality hasnt gone and for me he can play that right wing back role to a tee if given a chance.

Mate Rafael was quality under Fergie and we were all praising him then. The quality hasnt gone and for me he can play that right wing back role to a tee if given a chance.

No he wasn't.

He was an exciting prospect but he wasn't a quality defender. People got over excited about him because he was super quick and could carry the ball forward well. He was young and new to the team so people over looked his lack of defensive ability thinking that he would come to learn that and progress forward. Unfortunately he hasn't progressed at all defensively.

He isn't good enough for a team looking to be in the top four, he is a mid table team player.