• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Not able to see the game as I am visiting my father so won be home until 3. How have United played?

Terrible,

There was some improvement in the first 15 minutes of the second half, with Januzaj giving Taylor some nightmares, but after that not a single ball arrived to either of the wingers (Nani being the other), or to anyone else for that matter, and Swansea had absolutely no problem negating United's attempt of breaching their defence through the middle. Williams MOTM.

Rooney was extremely poor in the second half - not a single good pass given. Fellaini did do some good interceptions in his first couple of minutes before returning to last season's Fellaini and that bird poo seemed to affect Young quite a bit, as he kind of played like that too after that. But I wouldn't give any of them the coveted title of "worst player of the game", as Fletcher made sure that title was entirely his - absolutely abysmal.

So yeah, that is that ...

They bought 'em.

Haha' date=' imagine if United were to outspend all and sundry, not like it's happened before.[/quote']

Oh of course, football is a business now and you have to invest more to get anywhere. I was just meaning that it makes it a hell of a lot easier to get world class players in when your owners are filthy rich. Doesn't always work out though, but in regards to Chelsea and City it certainly did.

I wasn't really trying to make a point. Just stating the obvious :P

Oh of course' date=' football is a business now and you have to invest more to get anywhere. I was just meaning that it makes it a hell of a lot easier to get world class players in when your owners are filthy rich. Doesn't always work out though, but in regards to Chelsea and City it certainly did.

[i']I wasn't really trying to make a point. Just stating the obvious[/i] :P

I know!

It's just ironic that so many United fans complain about the top two 'buying their way to the top'.

I know!

It's just ironic that so many United fans complain about the top two 'buying their way to the top'.

Yep' date=' a lot of fans that like to slag off how other clubs operate when their own club has done exactly the same in the past.

I expect Man U to be very busy in the market in the next week or so.

They *having sexual intercourse* better be!

I know!

Fair point, although a lot of fans of other successful clubs do that.

The same goes for the glory hunting debate, which, as a fan of my local club (making me a superior fan apparently), I think is a load of garbage anyway, in that United are usually targeted more than anyone else when there are plenty of other clubs with millions of fans around the world. Why would someone in Asia support a team like Watford (just a random selection), who rarely appear on TV, ahead of a team like United/Liverpool/Arsenal, who regularly appear on TV (making it easier to see them through online streams)? Just my two cents.

Anyway, nobody is arguing about the above at this moment in time, thank God. It started being boring about 40 years ago.

I realise I've probably just started it off again. Sorry... :o

Can't we all just get along? :D

Not long to go until we officially kick of our new revolution under VG and the new era of Manchester United.

Full of confidence as we go into this new season. Have no doubt we will get 3 points today as we open the new season at home to Swansea.

Here we go again. New season,same old Tony :o