Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Expect to see United make a massive signing soon. Man they looked bad but its early doors.

As much as I want new signings, I would also like to see some players go, Nani, Fellaini (who I do think is a good player, just not at Utd), Cleverly, Anderson etc. I'd rather see youngsters like Blackett and Lingard be given a chance as they have potential rather than put up with the usual hit and hope that Nani and Fellaini offer

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Regarding the "cheque book being brought out"... Dont you think its been trying to, theyve just been going for the wrong players resulting in failed signings?

Maybe United think they are bigger than they now are. Obviously they are still a big club but with no European football and targeting players like Hummels, Fabregas and Vidal, it was always going to bring expectations crashing down once the season started.

I think you have a decent shot at Benatia and LvG should go all-out to get him. United need to stop trying to punch above their weight and go after a few realistic signings.

Regarding the "cheque book being brought out"... Dont you think its been trying to' date=' theyve just been going for the wrong players resulting in failed signings?

Maybe United think they are bigger than they now are. Obviously they are still a big club but with no European football and targeting players like Hummels, Fabregas and Vidal, it was always going to bring expectations crashing down once the season started.

[b']I think you have a decent shot at Benatia [/b]and LvG should go all-out to get him. United need to stop trying to punch above their weight and go after a few realistic signings.

Reports on twitter Benatia is on his way to united

The longer it goes without you buying anyone' date=' the less likely it is players will make themselves available. World class players would only consider missing out on the CL for a single season and you need a handful of top players to even compete for 4th.[/quote']

They have cleverly he can drag them up to 4th all on his own ha.

30 mil is the reported fee apparently. What you had going for you guys was that Roma had already signed Astori and still had Castan so they are able to limit the weakening of defense to an extent that selling Benatia would.

It's a good signing for United as He really is a top CB. It's a pity he's leaving the Serie A though as We seem to be losing stars very easily now.

However, We'll wait til He has a United jersey on until it's official.

Did warn you.

Has SwanseaJack popped by yet to annoy you with a 15 page sermon on Swansea?

To be fair when a team like swansea(no offence) do UTd at their ground I'd do a 30 page sermon!

Different manager same Utd.

Who have thought it after their breathtaking pre season where the messiah(LVG) picked up his first trophy lol

Ain't seen your match so can't really comment but just a quick note to Ani

Today is the exact type of reason why pre season results count for.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

All about what happens on the first day of the season and being ready for that, not seen the game as I say but will see MOTD later.

Did warn you.

Has SwanseaJack popped by yet to annoy you with a 15 page sermon on Swansea?

No, I've not and haven't posted on this thread today up until now.

I may well occasionally go on a bit of a ramble, usually a positive one about my team but I don't make any excuses for that.

All things considered, with where we've come from to where we are now I'll happily gloat about our success all day long.

If you don't want to listen to my opinion, there's nothing stopping you from blocking me so you've only really got yourself to blame.

After seeing our poor display yesterday, it's evident that our players just aren't good enough. I feel sorry for Moyes, Woodward left him in the lurch and I can see him doing the same to LVG.

Though, the loss yesterday may become a blessing in disguise. It could or should be the catalyst which see's us being productive in the transfer market.

After seeing our poor display yesterday' date=' it's evident that [b']our players just aren't good enough.[/b] I feel sorry for Moyes, Woodward left him in the lurch and I can see him doing the same to LVG.

Though, the loss yesterday may become a blessing in disguise. It could or should be the catalyst which see's us being productive in the transfer market.

I don't think so. Our players are definitely better than any Swansea player. They are just not playing as a team. There is lack of motivation . We should play whole match like we did in the last few minutes.

Benatia's on his way to Bayern apparently.

Yeah, been making the rounds since this morning.

According to TV channel "Sport 1", our technical director Michael Reschke is in Rome right now.

I think the rest is guesswork. One of our guys is in Rome, we need a centreback after Javi tore his ACL and Benatia plays for Rome. I believe it when I see it.

Yeah' date=' been making the rounds since this morning.

According to TV channel "Sport 1", our technical director Michael Reschke is in Rome right now.

I think the rest is guesswork. One of our guys is in Rome, we need a centreback after Javi tore his ACL and Benatia plays for Rome. I believe it when I see it.[/quote']

He'll be a good signing for Bayern if the deal does go through especially this quick. Boateng,Javi,Badstuber,Dante and Benatia will be competing later on in the season,interesting.

I don't think so. Our players are definitely better than any Swansea player. They are just not playing as a team. There is lack of motivation . We should play whole match like we did in the last few minutes.

Well said. Our players are definitely better then Swansea there's no doubt about that. We need time to gel more as a team and VG definitely needs to get the team more motivated.