• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

LVG definetly has quite a unique vision of 're-adjusting' his team.

The defense and midfield are clearly flawed and he spends 12 milions (+ evenetually another 65) for a striker.

Yep' date=' that will definetly solve all defensive problems :rolleyes:[/quote']

BwcIMk-IQAAIOkb.png

I think Falcao has already shown what he can do to top quality premier league sides just ask Chelsea.

He's a natural goalscorer with excellent positioning and intelligent too. With players like Mata and Di Maria around him I'm sure he'll pick up goals.

As for the 'funny' formation it's great to see the side actually have so many options upfront again.

I do feel though that while Mata is a very good player he might be the one to miss out on a first team spot or RVP. We shall see.

When all fit though I'd say we're strongest as

Rooney---Falcao

Di Maria---Herrera

Shaw-------Blind-------Rafael

Rojo---Evans---Jones

De Gea

things will only get better with falcao.:confused:

scoring more goals than you're conceding' date=' maybe...:confused:[/quote']

In order to score goals you need to be able to win the ball and move it forwards. I don't think United's attacking players are up to winning the ball high up the pitch and the defensive players aren't much better. Once the defensive players have got the ball, they've proved to be very ineffective in starting attacks.

In order to score goals you need to be able to win the ball and move it forwards. I don't think United's attacking players are up to winning the ball high up the pitch and the defensive players aren't much better. Once the defensive players have got the ball' date=' they've proved to be very ineffective in starting attacks.[/quote']

Then attacking wingbacks will be key; at further detriment to the defense.

"Falcao will be paid £200k per week at Manchester United' date=' however even if he were to receive £350k a week, and United were to make no further sales, they could still theoretically spend another £2.2m per week in wages and pay further transfer fees of £170m in this window and remain within the bounds of Financial Fair Play, such are their revenue streams."[/quote']

FFP's irrelevant if you're not in Europe mate.

In order to score goals you need to be able to win the ball and move it forwards. I don't think United's attacking players are up to winning the ball high up the pitch and the defensive players aren't much better. Once the defensive players have got the ball' date=' they've proved to be very ineffective in starting attacks.[/quote']

Yeah i know. I was being sarcastic.

The key to make LVG's system work is down to the strength of the CBs and the discipline and creativity of the middies.

Those are the areas where United are lacking, which is why they have struggled so far. Neither Di Maria nor Falcao cannot solve United problems alone.

Yeah i know. I was being sarcastic.

The key to make LVG's system work is down to the strength of the CBs and the discipline and creativity of the middies.

Those are the areas where United are lacking' date=' which is why they have struggled so far. Neither Di Maria nor Falcao cannot solve United's problems alone.[/quote']

Di Maria could have been excellent, but not in the role he'll have to play. He's maybe not as effective in front of goal but he's the most similar player United have to Robben, who was crucial for Van Gaal at Bayern and for Holland. Instead, he'll have to play as a fairly deep CM to cram in all of the more advanced players United now have. With him so deep, United still lack any pace in the final third.

Welbeck you terd! Is it only me it bothers, he's been at United from academy and to see him go to a team, especially Arsenal just shows all the things he's said were never really meant, I understand you haven't got UCL but I doubt that's the case, I think its the game time but I can think of players who are committed to their club 24/7. Hernandez is an prime example

Let's hope it becomes relevant then' date=' the point was more to do with the financial benefits United have due to FFP.[/quote']

Which, of course, was the plan all along. I don't think it's any coincidence that you've broken the bank in the same year that City and PSG are strangled. They'd have been in competition for Falcao and Di Maria respectively as well.

Jonathan Hope, the man brokering a potential move for Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck, tells BBC Radio 5 live that three clubs want the England player - including one in the north-east.

Hope says there is an £18m price tag for Welbeck, while there is a £3m fee if the move is a loan.

"There are two clubs who will meet the fee, the other want him on loan," adds Hope.