Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Welbeck you terd! Is it only me it bothers' date=' he's been at United from academy and to see him go to a team, especially Arsenal just shows all the things he's said were never really meant, I understand you haven't got UCL but I doubt that's the case, I think its the game time but I can think of players who are committed to their club 24/7. Hernandez is an prime example[/quote']

Delighted he's going, don't care if it's Arsenal, don't think he's going to make them any better

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

You bought Andy Carroll for twice as much. Need I say more?

We got 21m back including the loan fee and didn't pay his wages for the majority of time he was here, let's see if you end up with just a 14m loss on the likes of Fellani... I could exchange poor buys for ever but really what does that achieve...

The discussion was about Welbeck just saying.....

I was replying regarding your loss of faith in humanity. If it takes a football transfer for you to lose faith in humanity I just mentioned the fact that there was plenty of transfers prior to Welbecks for you to do so' date=' Carroll for example ;)[/quote']

Welbeck ain't worth 18M

Capable of responding without a backhanded petty insult??

Wasn't it Liverpool who started the trend of overpaying for British players like Carroll' date=' Adam and Henderson etc which therefore resulted in the price hike of British players.[/quote']

Talk about a hypocrite

What coz Chelsea ain't overplayed for anybody or contributed to the mass inflation if the transfer market...

How much you lose on Torres, Shevchenko etc etc....

You set the absolute highest heights on spectacular transfer losses.....

We didn't really lose any significant money on Adam and we would make a profit if we sold Henderson

Talk about a hypocrite

What coz Chelsea ain't overplayed for anybody or contributed to the mass inflation if the transfer market...

How much you lose on Torres' date=' Shevchenko etc etc....

You set the absolute highest heights on spectacular transfer losses.....

We didn't really lose any significant money on Adam and we would make a profit if we sold Henderson[/quote']

I see I've touched a nerve.

Let's be rational here for a minute (although it would be difficult for you since you can't get past your bias towards Liverpool).

With inflation playing a part with rising transfer fees due to the fact that football clubs are getting a lot of money due to increased TV rights and high bonuses from their domestic league and/or cup(s) along with European club football, a quality players value is increased as clubs can afford to keep them unless if someone pays top dollar for them. It's simple economics.

As years have gone by, transfer fees have been going up and up.

Just look at Liverpool for example. They payed what was a British record for Daglish and when they signed Ian Rush, Liverpool paid a British record fee for a teenager. All, if not most of the money used came from your success.

It's the same story with Man Utd. They didn't have a rich owner, but they used their money from their success to buy Andy Cole, Jaap Stam, Dwight Yorke etc.

Also these days rich owners play a part in the inflated prices. I'm not going to deny that. In hindsight we did overpay for Torres and Shevchenko, I'm not gonna deny that, but as I've said before, you have to pay top dollar for quality players.

I wasn't being hypocritical at all. I was on about inflation in British players transfer values not inflation in general. The majority of people conclude that most blame goes to Liverpool for who set the bar for paying over the odds for British players. The majority of them weren't deemed to be 'quality' players, but yet you paid big bucks for them.

"You set the absolute highest heights on spectacular transfer losses....."

That comment is hypocritical since you accused Frozy of responding with a backhanded petty insult but yet that comment was a backhanded petty insult.