Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

He isn't as bad as everyone makes out. Not top 4 standard' date=' but he's a useful squad player. His confidence must be shattered with all the unneccesary criticism he's come under in the past year or so. Must of affected his game because i know it would p... me off.[/quote']

Reality is that due to the massive gap between ourselves and the top four, Tom Cleverley is more or less useless to United, but would arguably become a key player for us. And as such, I'm glad we've signed him. I'll be the first to admit that I ribbed him constantly for being pants, but with a move down the league, there comes a move down in expectations.

Whilst I'm in now way belittling my club, we are no Manchester United.

Reality is that due to the massive gap between ourselves and the top four' date=' Tom Cleverley is more or less useless to United, but would arguably become a key player for us. And as such, I'm glad we've signed him. I'll be the first to admit that I ribbed him constantly for being pants, but with a move down the league, there comes a move down in expectations.

Whilst I'm in now way belittling my club, we are no Manchester United.[/quote']

Cleverly before his ankle injury looked to be the future of United's midfield.

Afterwards he became a side passing mess of a player.

I would be very surprised if he becomes anything like he once was but I hope he shows glimpses so that some other club is stupid enough to take him on board for good.

Cleverly before his ankle injury looked to be the future of United's midfield.

Afterwards he became a side passing mess of a player.

I would be very surprised if he becomes anything like he once was but I hope he shows glimpses so that some other club is stupid enough to take him on board for good.

If he could lower his wages down a bit to a more realistic level, I would be pleased if we got him for circa £8m

Even better we'll have him for free. No doubt the signing on fee will be big but won't be anywhere near £8m

Trouble is if he does well then there will be other clubs sniffing around him wanting to sign him up on a free. Just have to hope he gets so settled that doesn't want to leave.

So with the window officially closed I must say I'm delighted by United's business.

Before the window we needed 2x CB's, 2x CM's, LB, Winger and we've filled 5/6 of those vital positions with Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Shaw and Di Maria.

To do that in one window is very impressive IMO especially when you consider the loan of Falcao to top it off.

It's slightly disappointing to not have a CB already of world class ability but I genuinely feel that if we can make the Champions League this year someone like Hummels could be convinced (especially seeing as we sold Kagawa to Dortmund for a ridiculously low fee which seems odd).

Add to that the likely deal in January for Strootman (unless Cleverly becomes a great footballer at Villa) and I'd say that all the problems from last season could well be solved by next summer's window given the right investment.

For once I'm quite hopeful for the season.

Happy to see the whole Cleverly thing over and done with. A poor player moving to an even poorer team, I'm happy with that.

With any luck Villa will buy him at the end of the season and we won't have to see him in a United shirt again.

LVG can relax now, there won't be any CleverLy at training anymore. At least we got rid of most our deadwood this transfer period, if not all.

smileys-tooth-brushing-080103.gif

Happy to see the whole Cleverly thing over and done with. A poor player moving to an even poorer team' date=' I'm happy with that.

With any luck Villa will buy him at the end of the season and we won't have to see him in a United shirt again.

LVG can relax now, there won't be any CleverLy at training anymore. At least we got rid of most our deadwood this transfer period, if not all.

[img']http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/tooth-brushing/smileys-tooth-brushing-080103.gif[/img]

Pretty disrespectful & yet in Ron Vlaar they have a better defender than United.

Oh and Aston Villa in the league = undefeated, Man Utd in the league = winless.

Happy to see the whole Cleverly thing over and done with. A poor player moving to an even poorer team' date=' I'm happy with that.

[img']http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/tooth-brushing/smileys-tooth-brushing-080103.gif[/img]

A poor player that was playing constantly for the all conquering Man United. :rolleyes: And Villa have started the season like a house on fire and defied the expectations while United have done the exact opposite.

Pretty disrespectful & yet in Ron Vlaar they have a better defender than United.

Oh and Aston Villa in the league = undefeated' date=' Man Utd in the league = winless.[/quote']

Not meant to be disrespectful, just pointing out I'm happy to get rid of him to a lower club and not a bigger club.

Plenty of people on here disrespectful all the time, and I wasn't even meaning to be.

From a outsider alot of fans of the 'big' clubs a be jealous that Man U are splashing the cash for once, sign of the times (they have an abundance of cash ) can see another 2 big names in Jan, heard a rumour they have 2 -3 deals done for jan /next summer but players will only move if man u are on target for champs league positions, not looking good so far mind!;)

Juventus haven't really achieved anything as it's currently a one-horse race in the Serie A. Their European form tells a completely different story.

Put Juventus in the EPL and they'd struggle to obtain sixth' date=' which is almost entirely due to the formation they use week in, week out.[/quote']

you do realize that city who are apparently the best team in the EPL right now if last few years is anything to go by, also havn't really achieved anything in europe?

juventus winning serie A is a major success, not sure how you can assume they would be terrible in the EPL.

LVG can relax now, there won't be any CleverLy at training anymore. [b']At least we got rid of most our deadwood this transfer period, if not all[/b].

smileys-tooth-brushing-080103.gif

Fellaini,Anderson,Young,Valencia,Rafael(debatable but he's your only natural RB in senior team)

Malmö captain Guillermo Molins (formerly of Anderlecht) is currently attending rehab in Antwerp. Also attending rehab is Marouane Fellaini. They both ran into each other and began talking. Molins tweeted a short transcript of a part of the conversation:

Fellaini - Where are you playing now?

Molins - Malmö

Fellaini - Never heard of them

Molins - No, I understand that. We play in the Champions League, you don't.

HAHAHA. :D

biden-burn.jpeg

Wow, how very egotistical of you. Maybe before you type something out in future you should re read it and then re read it again before hitting the submit button.

And you wonder why you get so much abuse, comments like these don't help your cause! I for one will be looking forward to December 20th.

you do realize that city who are apparently the best team in the EPL right now if last few years is anything to go by' date=' also havn't really achieved anything in europe?

juventus winning serie A is a major success, not sure how you can assume they would be terrible in the EPL.[/quote']

Watch the Serie A more often. Even Serie A enthusiasts will agree with me when I say that the league is at its lowest since its inception, which tells a lot about Juventus' successes. Moreover, in the past three years (Conte regime), they've failed to make the knockout stages twice, despite being in a relatively easy group.

And now that you bring up City in the equation, they'd probably smash the current Juventus team by a couple, especially with inept Allegri at the helm.

Watch the Serie A more often. Even Serie A enthusiasts will agree with me when I say that the league is at its lowest since its inception' date=' which tells a lot about Juventus' successes. Moreover, in the past three years (Conte regime), they've failed to make the knockout stages twice, despite being in a relatively easy group.

And now that you bring up City in the equation, they'd probably smash the current Juventus team by a couple, especially with inept Allegri at the helm.[/quote']

city would beat most EPL teams by a couple.

serie A is definitely in decline i am just saying that Juventus are still a very strong team in their own right.

their league may be weak but I think that juventus as a team are the exception and a pretty talented team at that.

i brought up city because they are quite poor in europe compared to their performances at domestic level.

That said I do agree they are poor in Europe, I do see your point and agree though it is difficult to work out how strong a team they really are and therefore whetehr a 352 really can work at the highest levels of the game :)