Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Watch the Serie A more often. Even Serie A enthusiasts will agree with me when I say that the league is at its lowest since its inception' date=' which tells a lot about Juventus' successes. Moreover, in the past three years (Conte regime), they've failed to make the knockout stages twice, despite being in a relatively easy group.

And now that you bring up City in the equation, they'd probably smash the current Juventus team by a couple, especially with inept Allegri at the helm.[/quote']

city would beat most EPL teams by a couple.

serie A is definitely in decline i am just saying that Juventus are still a very strong team in their own right.

their league may be weak but I think that juventus as a team are the exception and a pretty talented team at that.

i brought up city because they are quite poor in europe compared to their performances at domestic level.

That said I do agree they are poor in Europe, I do see your point and agree though it is difficult to work out how strong a team they really are and therefore whetehr a 352 really can work at the highest levels of the game :)

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Even though Iam not a United fan I really feel welbeck has been totally disrespectful in saying that he has imagined him self playing for arsenal before.

Now I know about of players think these things but to come out and openly admit it I feel is disrespectful to United.

i don't really think it is, for a lot of players it would be but if i was sitting in a dead end job where i turn up everyday, work hard but know that everybody else is going to go out to work while i just sit there watching them i'd start to dream of one day making it big, being a success, being the best.

i think it is no different for him as any other employee.

im sure as a kid he had a dream of playing in the champions league, premier league and becoming a star.

we are all allowed dreams and he didn't kick up a fuss while he was at united, i see your point but think we would all be the same if we could see your dream job infront of us and instead just sit back now quite getting there :)

i don't really think it is' date=' for a lot of players it would be but if i was sitting in a dead end job where i turn up everyday, work hard but know that everybody else is going to go out to work while i just sit there watching them i'd start to dream of one day making it big, being a success, being the best.

i think it is no different for him as any other employee.

im sure as a kid he had a dream of playing in the champions league, premier league and becoming a star.

we are all allowed dreams and he didn't kick up a fuss while he was at united, i see your point but think we would all be the same if we could see your dream job infront of us and instead just sit back now quite getting there :)[/quote']

I don't really care if he wanted to play for Arsenal or not but up to last season, Utd have been successful pretty much since Welbeck has been born so he seems strange that he suddendly saw himself play for Arsenal unless it only hit him in the last few months...

Dream job is being at Utd since your a kid and being surrounded by stars and finally get the chance to play with them and win the premier league, play in champions league etc. Whilst Arsenal didn't win anything from 2005 til last season... hmmmm

I don't really care if he wanted to play for Arsenal or not but up to last season' date=' Utd have been successful pretty much since Welbeck has been born so he seems strange that he suddendly saw himself play for Arsenal unless it only hit him in the last few months...

Dream job is being at Utd since your a kid and being surrounded by stars and finally get the chance to play with them and win the premier league, play in champions league etc. Whilst Arsenal didn't win anything from 2005 til last season... hmmmm[/quote']

Welbeck barely got to play since RVP came in though - at least not in his preferred position. When that happens, it's only natural for a player to think of what clubs might fit him nicely.

In terms of disrespect, is it any different from the 'I've always dreamed of playing for X' line that every new signing comes out with?

Malmö captain Guillermo Molins (formerly of Anderlecht) is currently attending rehab in Antwerp. Also attending rehab is Marouane Fellaini. They both ran into each other and began talking. Molins tweeted a short transcript of a part of the conversation:

Fellaini - Where are you playing now?

Molins - Malmö

Fellaini - Never heard of them

Molins - No' date=' I understand that. We play in the Champions League, you don't.

HAHAHA. :D

[img']http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/biden-burn.jpeg[/img]

KBWuDhIv9B0

Welbeck barely got to play since RVP came in though - at least not in his preferred position. When that happens' date=' it's only natural for a player to think of what clubs might fit him nicely.

In terms of disrespect, is it any different from the 'I've always dreamed of playing for X' line that every new signing comes out with?[/quote']

I think it is a bit worse than that line yes..but like I've said I only think it's disrespectful because he openly admitted than he imagined him self playing in the arsenal team,which I feel is worse than saying it's a dream move...but that's just my opinion on something like this people will always have a diffrent one :).

Fellaini - Where are you playing now?

Molins - Malmö

Fellaini - Never heard of them

Molins - No' date=' I understand that. We play in the Champions League, you don't.

HAHAHA. :D

[img']http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/biden-burn.jpeg[/img]

But how the hell would he know about your irrelevant a$$ team when this is the first time ever that you make it to the group stages

ibaerpNFwWiZBZ.gif

But how the hell would he know about your irrelevant a$$ team when this is the first time ever that you make it to the group stages

ibaerpNFwWiZBZ.gif

They've reached the European cup final' date=' show some respect.

Disrespect, to me, is releasing a statement to force a move, dissing the man and club that made you in the process. What Welbeck said is the sort of regurgitated crap that footballers come out with at new clubs. I suggest you get a grip.

This.

I don't really care if he wanted to play for Arsenal or not but up to last season' date=' Utd have been successful pretty much since Welbeck has been born so he seems strange that he suddendly saw himself play for Arsenal unless it only hit him in the last few months...

Dream job is being at Utd since your a kid and being surrounded by stars and finally get the chance to play with them and win the premier league, play in champions league etc. Whilst Arsenal didn't win anything from 2005 til last season... hmmmm[/quote']

united were successful, but welbeck was not really a part of their success.

yeah that was his dream job, it became evident his dream of becoming an EPL star forward was not going to happen at united so he needed to move to a club that could offer him it.

oh come on, don't suggest its anything like that.

he went to arsenal because they would actually offer him game time, and as it happens they are a much better club right now than united. nothing wrong with what he did there.

even if he did jump ship good for him, its not like united would have shown him any loyalty.

England have the same problem tonight that Man Ure have every week.... playing the worlds highest earning flop! Dont bother posting blind replies.......... you know im right :rolleyes:

Please don't post that kind of comment in this thread.

Unless you think Munich was funny and mocking it is too.

Excuse my ignorance' date=' but how is that term related to the Munich air disaster? That's the first I've heard of that.[/quote']

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/man-u-munich-and-duncan-edwards-part-ii/

It originated as a chant by WBA fans to mock the deaths of the lads on the plane.

Man U annoys me enough but there really is no reason for putting Man ure.

Third time this has happened now so please can we be respectful.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/man-u-munich-and-duncan-edwards-part-ii/

It originated as a chant by WBA fans to mock the deaths of the lads on the plane.

Man U annoys me enough but there really is no reason for putting Man ure.

Third time this has happened now so please can we be respectful.

I can understand your opinion but I'm also fairly certain that nobody posting on these boards would use that term for that reason. There's no need to snap at people for common ignorance.

I can understand your opinion but I'm also fairly certain that nobody posting on these boards would use that term for that reason. There's no need to snap at people for common ignorance.

No I know its unlikely for that reason but even so there's no need to use it in any meaning.

I know a lot of United fans take it as seriously as if you were to joke about Hillsborough to a Liverpool fan, apologies for coming across snappy but it's been engrained into me from a young age to show respect to those that have passed.

Others do know about it and continue to use it.

I very rarely see 'Man Ure' posted and even some United fans use the term 'Man U'. It's a colloquialism.

NB. This is me with moderator hat on, not City fan hat. Not that they're mutually exclusive, but I'm not being confrontational because it's United.