Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Try googling "wkd" and "wkd's" one being singular one being plural' date=' you will find that the term "wkds" and "wkd's are both used, so you will find I am not wrong again.

I was not going to reply because you are boring me.[/font']

*WKD

you showed a love of capitals, use them.

Yeah ash I'm here. Ok well I know Strootman has an injury and so I am hesitant myself to sign him. But' date=' I'm thinking maybe VG will change his mind about him due to not wanting to risk buying players who has a history of getting injured.

On Falcao, yes of course, he has had his fair share of Injury's but a striker like that is hard to pass up on and must be taken a risk on. Same are Sir Alex did on RVP when he signed him.

Falcao is to good to pass up he needed to sign him.[/color']

A striker like that? You already have two strikers like that in Rooney and RvP.

How can you say you can take a risk on one injury prone player, regardless of position, against the other?

In fact, Vidal would of made more sense given you have Fellaini, Herrera and Carrick at CM and Rooney and RvP as strikers. It wasn't "instinct" that led LvG not to sign Vidal.

Falcao can just as easily re-injure himself as Vidal did... And with the nature of his injury, he will be out a very, very long time. If Falcao aggravates that knee again, you will be paying 350,000 a week for a player who won't be able to play for a very long time.

Given the wages both players would of been on, Vidal would have been a much less calculated risk that Falcao.

Some positive news for United as Rojo has been granted a Visa and is now eligible to play against GPR.

Very good news as the team is slowly coming together piece by piece.

In other news' date=' Vidal has apparently re injured his knee again is is out for a while. What a smart move by United not to sign this guy. I was really peed we didn't get him but VG went with his instincts and new he would be injury prone, or is becoming injury prone.

I'm thinking we are already in talks or making plans for more signings in January no doubt.[/i']

smileys-service-954681.gif

There is so much phail in this post.

I hated Manutd the day I was born but you have to accept the truth that they've done amazing in this transfer window despite not being in the CL,I find this forum full of Manutd haters I really do.

I think Falcao isn't a panic or an unnecessary buy.One main reason behind this is that any of their strikers aren't firing which makes me think that they do need a striker aswell.One more reason of them buying Falcao is that even if rvp alone gets injured there back up striker then is Wilson,for this case they should have kept Welbeck though.

VIDAL IS A BIGGER RISK THEN FALCAO.How can you deny this?Typical dumb United fans.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit, their transfer dealing this summer has been nothing short of stunning.

I hated Manutd the day I was born but you have to accept the truth that they've done amazing in this transfer window despite not being in the CL' date='I find this forum full of Manutd haters I really do.

I think Falcao isn't a panic or an unnecessary buy.One main reason behind this is that any of their strikers aren't firing which makes me think that they do need a striker aswell.One more reason of them buying Falcao is that even if rvp alone gets injured there back up striker then is Wilson,for this case they should have kept Welbeck though.

[b'] FALCAO IS A BIGGER RISK THEN VIDAL.[/b]How can you deny this?Typical dumb United fans.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit, their transfer dealing this summer has been nothing short of stunning.

Exactly how have you been able to determine and confirm the risk factor when comparing Falcao and Vidal?

Exactly how have you been able to determine and confirm the risk factor when comparing Falcao and Vidal?

I actually wanted to say the opposite' date='typing error

I twisted everything up and you got me wrong. I was looking at the situation from the perspective that if United had signed Vidal and then he got injured,you don't now know that [b']when [/b]will he be back.Atleast you have a player who has cleared a medical.Falcao has actually played for Monaco too and scored twice,doesn't says much though.

I hated Manutd the day I was born but you have to accept the truth that they've done amazing in this transfer window despite not being in the CL' date='I find this forum full of Manutd haters I really do.[/quote']

Your spot on there mate. And that's coming from someone who hates United.

smileys-sticking-tongue-out-995267.gif

I hated Manutd the day I was born but you have to accept the truth that they've done amazing in this transfer window despite not being in the CL' date='I find this forum full of Manutd haters I really do.

VIDAL IS A BIGGER RISK THEN FALCAO.How can you deny this?Typical dumb United fans.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit, their transfer dealing this summer has been nothing short of stunning.[/quote']

The final league table will show whether it's been a good window or not.

IMO, the players that have been brought in are very good. Di Maria and Falcao are world class and then players like Herrera and Shaw are good at the moment with the potential to be much better.

However, United have spent £150m this summer and, IMO, haven't strengthened nearly enough in nearly enough of the areas they needed to. They still lack any top CBs, any combative CMs and any pace up front and most of their wing backs can't defend at all.

We'll see though. I really don't think that 352 is the best formation for the players you have, so it'll be interesting to see if Van Gaal is too stubborn to change.

IMO' date=' the players that have been brought in are very good. Di Maria and Falcao are world class and then players like Herrera and Shaw are good at the moment with the potential to be much better.

However, United have spent £150m this summer and, IMO, haven't strengthened nearly enough in nearly enough of the areas they needed to. They still lack any top CBs, any combative CMs and any pace up front and most of their wing backs can't defend at all.

We'll see though. I really don't think that 352 is the best formation for the players you have, so it'll be interesting to see if Van Gaal is too stubborn to change.[/quote']

Fingers crossed he is because that formation stinks with the current defence and CMs they have. I'd love it if United were in the bottom half by Christmas.

Saying Falcao is a bigger risk than Vidal is both stupid and completely unfounded.

Both have had a few injuries in the past but the difference was that Falcao was fully fit and scoring for Monaco before his loan move.

It is an ideal scenario for United because rather than paying £50m+ for him and potentially buying a crock, they can play him for the year. If he gets injured or fails to perform then there is no strings attached and no need to buy but if he has a great season injury free we have first option to buy him.

With Vidal we would have spent approx £40m (though the fee is uncertain) for someone in a similar position, someone with obvious quality but potential injury concerns. Don't get me wrong I would have loved us to take that risk but when comparing the two a loan is much less risk than a transfer as it costs less and therefore has fewer long term repercussions. We could have just easily have bought Vidal for the high fee and see him in the position he is now how many on here would then be the first to criticise United for taking a risk on the player and wasting their money.

Either way most on this forum (bar United fans) want to see us fail and will always look to show the negative side of the club. I'd like to think most of the time I offer a fairly balanced view on how the club have done and are currently doing (which is awful by the way except for now we have a glimmer of hope with the new players that have arrived).

Essentially nobody will know how big a risk Falcao is until the seasons end but to argue before he's even played a game for the club that its not a great signing or potentially great is ludicrous as pretty much every PL club would want someone of his calibre.

Saying Falcao is a bigger risk than Vidal is both stupid and completely unfounded.

Both have had a few injuries in the past but the difference was that Falcao was fully fit and scoring for Monaco before his loan move.

It is an ideal scenario for United because rather than paying £50m+ for him and potentially buying a crock' date=' they can play him for the year. If he gets injured or fails to perform then there is no strings attached and no need to buy but if he has a great season injury free we have first option to buy him.

With Vidal we would have spent approx £40m (though the fee is uncertain) for someone in a similar position, someone with obvious quality but potential injury concerns. Don't get me wrong I would have loved us to take that risk but when comparing the two a loan is much less risk than a transfer as it costs less and therefore has fewer long term repercussions. We could have just easily have bought Vidal for the high fee and see him in the position he is now how many on here would then be the first to criticise United for taking a risk on the player and wasting their money.

Either way most on this forum (bar United fans) want to see us fail and will always look to show the negative side of the club. I'd like to think most of the time I offer a fairly balanced view on how the club have done and are currently doing (which is awful by the way except for now we have a glimmer of hope with the new players that have arrived).

Essentially nobody will know how big a risk Falcao is until the seasons end but to argue before he's even played a game for the club that its not a great signing or potentially great is ludicrous as pretty much every PL club would want someone of his calibre.[/quote']

Vidal played a number of games at the world cup and a full pre-season. Falcao is a risk because hes played 3 games in 9 months after a serious knee injury that (the specific injury he suffered) has known to re-occur. If he gets injured now, you will be paying 350,000 a week for a player who will be injured? Of course its a big risk. Thats 15m pounds in wages alone if its a 12 month deal.

Jeeeeeeesus reading this thread is a drag

Signing ANY player is a risk, whether they fit in, work well the squad, settle in an area etc etc

My opinion on Falcao is that he is the best CF on the planet, his movement and lethal finishing for a striker are frankly orgasmic, and as a striker myself I am delighted a talent of his stature will play in the Premiership.

Vidal played a number of games at the world cup and a full pre-season. Falcao is a risk because hes played 3 games in 9 months after a serious knee injury that (the specific injury he suffered) has known to re-occur. If he gets injured now' date=' you will be paying 350,000 a week for a player who will be injured? Of course its a big risk. Thats 15m pounds in wages alone if its a 12 month deal.[/quote']

I think Vidal missed the majority of pre-season due to the after effects of the world cup.

There hasn't been any confirmation that we're paying Falcao's wages in full (not that I'm aware of anyway), so that is just guess work at the moment.

Sources say United are paying 200k of Falcao's wages' date=' the rest being paid by Monaco, which makes those "outrageous wages" statements irrelevant, unless someone is willing to prove me wrong.[/quote']

£200k a week is still pretty outrageous... And what sources? I'm sure I can find sources that suggest you're paying them in full.

Sources say United are paying 200k of Falcao's wages' date=' the rest being paid by Monaco, which makes those "outrageous wages" statements irrelevant, unless someone is willing to prove me wrong.[/quote']

some sources say you are paying all his wages, you choose to believe the sources that say you are paying part if his wages...

You ain't "proven" anybody wrong, because you can't prove you are right...

The reality is none of us really know and regardless of whether it is 200k or 350k does it make any difference it's still a lot of money regardless....

Hate to be pedantic but it is the truth :)

Why would United pay a large loan fee, if they weren't paying all of his wages. Doesn't really make any sense.

IMO' date=' the players that have been brought in are very good. Di Maria and Falcao are world class and then players like Herrera and Shaw are good at the moment with the potential to be much better.

We'll see though. I really don't think that 352 is the best formation for the players you have, so it'll be interesting to see if Van Gaal is too stubborn to change.[/quote']

I can't understand the opinion that they haven't strengthened in the key areas everyone tends to have.

They needed a LB,2CB,2CM and a WINGER and they have actually got 4/6 slots solved so I really cant understand this statement

I agree here that the formation isn't suited to the players style of play but they really cant be useless for whole of the year.Their players are worldclass and will finally click even in a 3-5-2 formation.

Fingers crossed he is because that formation stinks with the current defence and CMs they have. I'd love it if United were in the bottom half by Christmas.

haha' date='same here :P but they would be much better :o

It is an ideal scenario for United because rather than paying £50m+ for him and potentially buying a crock, they can play him for the year. If he gets injured or fails to perform then there is no strings attached and no need to buy but if he has a great season injury free we have first option to buy him.

Essentially nobody will know how big a risk Falcao is until the seasons end but to argue before he's even played a game for the club that its not a great signing or potentially great is ludicrous as pretty much every PL club would want someone of his calibre.

Mate you read my first post but you didn't read my edited post and thhe response I gave,VIDAL IS A BIGGER RISK THEN FALCAO,I've stated my reasons below and your first paragraph even strengthens my view that Falcao is on loan whereas Vidal would have been permanent.

I do want you to fail but I am neutral while I am giving my opinion,I hope this wasn't aimed at me

Only way I am saying they are world class is for the obvious reason as they have(Falcao etcc) have performed amazingly well at their former lubs

To be fair,you haven't proven yourself right yet.

What's the source ?

Mate you read my first post but you didn't read my edited post and thhe response I gave' date='VIDAL IS A BIGGER RISK THEN FALCAO,I've stated my reasons below and your first paragraph even strengthens my view that Falcao is on loan whereas Vidal would have been permanent.

I do want you to fail but I am neutral while I am giving my opinion,I hope this wasn't aimed at me

Only way I am saying they are world class is for the obvious reason as they have(Falcao etcc) have performed amazingly well at their former lubs[/quote']

I wasn't directing it at you...

Either way everyone who's not a United fan are protesting a bit too much.

Perhaps some jealousy ;)

Davide Petrucci has reportedly terminated his own contract.

All that fuss over his transfer and what a flop he turned out to be. Mind you he looked really promising before his injury so he obviously never recovered. Good luck to him in Romania