Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

All that fuss over his transfer and what a flop he turned out to be. Mind you he looked really promising before his injury so he obviously never recovered. Good luck to him in Romania

Strange one really, wasn't he included in the PL squad? The injury was a major setback, good luck to him.

Will be knee deep in Cluj in Romania.

some sources say you are paying all his wages' date=' you choose to believe the sources that say you are paying part if his wages...

You ain't "proven" anybody wrong, because you can't prove you are right...

The reality is none of us really know and regardless of whether it is 200k or 350k does it make any difference it's still a lot of money regardless....

Hate to be pedantic but it is the truth :)[/quote']

It's not really pedantic considering what a club could possibly do with that cash (a couple of high quality players combined possibly). :)

I should have worded it differently though, there are sources saying the opposite too (probably more than the former quote), but no way in hell could UEFA have agreed to a case where United are forced to pay Falcao as he was earning tax free.

I remember LFP threatening to put Monaco out of the Ligue 1 a couple of months ago for the same reasons. Besides, departing players like James have been forced to adapt to life with tax too, making it strange for a deal of this nature to be treated differently.

It's not really pedantic considering what a club could possibly do with that cash (a couple of high quality players combined possibly). :)

I should have worded it differently though' date=' there are sources saying the opposite too (probably more than the former quote), but no way in hell could UEFA have agreed to a case where United are forced to pay Falcao as he was earning tax free.

I remember LFP threatening to put Monaco out of the Ligue 1 a couple of months ago for the same reasons. Besides, departing players like James have been forced to adapt to life with tax too, making it strange for a deal of this nature to be treated differently.[/quote']

The majority of players agree to wages after tax. So if Falcao was earning £200k a week Monaco only needed to pay him £200k whereas United with a 50% tax rate would need to give him £400k.

UEFA have nothing to do with it. If United are paying all of Falcao's wages (and I can't fathom why Monaco would continue to pay him to play for you) then you'll be forking out a lot of money.

The majority of players agree to wages after tax. So if Falcao was earning £200k a week Monaco only needed to pay him £200k whereas United with a 50% tax rate would need to give him £400k.

UEFA have nothing to do with it. If United are paying all of Falcao's wages (and I can't fathom why Monaco would continue to pay him to play for you) then you'll be forking out a lot of money.

Which we can obviously afford.

That's all true' date=' but this is an exceptional case where a player would be earning considerably less (after tax) than he was before (no tax) [if the same offer was laid on the table'], and because this is still only a loan move (he is still fully under contract at Monaco), I'm sure the footballing authorities wouldn't just turn a blind eye to the enormous bill United would be facing if Monaco had their way (and didn't pay a thing). Paying that kind of money simply because of one club's luxuries is atrocious for any club facing tax.

United might be able to afford it temporarily, but if Falcao's net remains that high, he'll be trapped in Monaco for the rest of his footballing life.

That's all true' date=' but this is an exceptional case where a player would be earning considerably less (after tax) than he was before (no tax) [if the same offer was laid on the table'], and because this is still only a loan move (he is still fully under contract at Monaco), I'm sure the footballing authorities wouldn't just turn a blind eye to the enormous bill United would be facing if Monaco had their way (and didn't pay a thing). Paying that kind of money simply because of one club's luxuries is atrocious for any club facing tax.

United might be able to afford it temporarily, but if Falcao's net remains that high, he'll be trapped in Monaco for the rest of his footballing life.

Why would the authorities pay attention? It was United's decision to take him on loan. In fact it'd be pretty embarrassing if you had to run to the governing bodies to ask for some dispensation to cover his wages.

Falcao will have to lower his wages whenever he leaves Monaco. No club would match what he's on there and it's why Monaco could immediately afford to bring in world class players like Falcao.

Jeeeeeeesus reading this thread is a drag

Signing ANY player is a risk' date=' whether they fit in, work well the squad, settle in an area etc etc

My opinion on Falcao is that he is the best CF on the planet, his movement and lethal finishing for a striker are frankly orgasmic, and as a striker myself I am delighted a talent of his stature will play in the Premiership.[/quote']

Probably one of the smartest and logical post so far in regards to this whole buying injured players/transfers.

Why would the authorities pay attention? It was United's decision to take him on loan. In fact it'd be pretty embarrassing if you had to run to the governing bodies to ask for some dispensation to cover his wages.

Falcao will have to lower his wages whenever he leaves Monaco. No club would match what he's on there and it's why Monaco could immediately afford to bring in world class players like Falcao.

It was United's decision to take him on loan, because Monaco couldn't keep him. Do you honestly think it was his decision to leave the club to "seek another challenge"? If so, I must say you have a lot of faith in humanity.

Selling him would have cleared their bill completely (a bill that is most probably under heavy scrutiny), and given the financial responsibility of the player to another club, but they've still got him, and are basically saving up some cash to accommodate him for one more year once his loan deal is over, which wouldn't look too bad once the accounts pop up again.

LFP aren't stupid you know. A 50M ransom is candy money for a man of Rybolovlev's financial grandeur. Whilst this was intended to be a "win-win situation", French football has been properly mugged, and people in France aren't happy about it. Wouldn't that kind of make it a problem for the authorities?

It was United's decision to take him on loan' date=' because Monaco couldn't keep him. Do you honestly think it was his decision to leave the club to "seek another challenge"? If so, I must say you have a lot of faith in humanity.

Selling him would have cleared their bill completely (a bill that is most probably under heavy scrutiny), and given the financial responsibility of the player to another club, but they've still got him, and are basically saving up some cash to accommodate him for one more year once his loan deal is over, which wouldn't look too bad once the accounts pop up again.

LFP aren't stupid you know. A 50M ransom is candy money for a man of Rybolovlev's financial grandeur. Whilst this was intended to be a "win-win situation", French football has been properly mugged, and people in France aren't happy about it. Wouldn't that kind of make it a problem for the authorities?[/quote']

There was no requirement of United to take Falcao on loan. You wanted to do it and are hence paying the price for it. It's been heavily reported that other clubs were interested and yet baulked at the costs involved. With that in mind, why would United not have to cover the entirety of his wages?

Falcao's is barely costing Monaco anything this season. The loan fee covers a large amount of his amortised transfer fee and they won't be contributing to his wages. They'll want to sell him next summer so they can post transfer profits in 2 seasons and thus stay FFP clean for longer. FFP will look at the last 3 seasons every season so in 4 seasons' time, selling both James and Falco for big money this summer wouldn't have been wise.

IIRC, Monaco are facing some kind of sanctions to level the playing field but it won't affect their players at all. LFP don't have the jurisdiction to impose a tax on a club and players that isn't enforced in the nation in which they reside. They can, however, apply sanctions to Monaco that would mimic the tax that other French clubs face.

Apparently the owner is trying to cut costs as he is going through a very ezpensive divorce, hence getting rid of as much expendature as possible.

Fact is, Falcao is a gamble and everyone knows it. From his injury to his exhuberant wage demands, the general consensus is he was a much bigger gamble than Vidal prior to the transfer window closing.

There was no requirement of United to take Falcao on loan. You wanted to do it and are hence paying the price for it. It's been heavily reported that other clubs were interested and yet baulked at the costs involved. With that in mind' date=' why would United not have to cover the entirety of his wages?

Falcao's is barely costing Monaco anything this season. The loan fee covers a large amount of his amortised transfer fee and they won't be contributing to his wages. They'll want to sell him next summer so they can post transfer profits in 2 seasons and thus stay FFP clean for longer. FFP will look at the last 3 seasons every season so in 4 seasons' time, selling both James and Falco for big money this summer wouldn't have been wise.

IIRC, Monaco are facing some kind of sanctions to level the playing field but it won't affect their players at all. LFP don't have the jurisdiction to impose a tax on a club and players that isn't enforced in the nation in which they reside. They can, however, apply sanctions to Monaco that would mimic the tax that other French clubs face.[/quote']

Exactemundo.

The reason why no other club went for him was almost entirely due to his price tag, not the wages. I mean, who in their right mind would buy a player returning from ACL injury for that kind of money? You can't even say that isn't true, as no other club had even advanced to personal terms. Call me stupid if you want, but it was a shrewd bit of business by United to capitilise on that loan option and finally seal the deal.

As for Monaco, I think you're seriously underestimating Falcao's cost for a club that has absolutely no income bar their sugar daddy. My point was exactly that they would use this 'temporary offload' to record two years worth of profit to be able to continue their current "business" model for longer. If not Falcao, what is stopping them from getiing Ronaldo on 300k/w net if they're safe from FFP for a while?

And whilst LFP don't have the power to impose tax laws on anybody, how long can they last without asking another sum of money, knowing they've been properly mugged off, whilst making sure the whole thing doesn't look like a blackmail? What Monaco are doing now is money laundering (that is if United are being forced to pay the full amount), and last time I checked, that was still a crime.

Apparently the owner is trying to cut costs as he is going through a very ezpensive divorce' date=' hence getting rid of as much expendature as possible.

Fact is, Falcao is a gamble and everyone knows it. From his injury to his exhuberant wage demands, the general consensus is he was a much bigger gamble than Vidal prior to the transfer window closing.[/quote']

I heard the same rumour regarding the owner's situation.

But as for Falcao it's not a fact it's your opinion.

He is not currently injured and has shown he is still in good scoring form at Monaco. There is currently no reason for anyone at United to be worried about his performances.

All players pick up knocks etc but that is the risk everyone takes when they step out onto the pitch.

The general consensus is not that he was a bigger gamble, at the time of initial courting Vidal was further straining his knee injury being rushed back to playing. Falcao wasn't.

What I feel is being confused here is what people would have preferred. Most United fans and most sound minded people would recognise that a fully fit and in form Vidal would arguably give United more than Falcao as they were desperately lacking an all action CM/DM. Where I do take exception though is the suggestion that Vidal would be any less of a risk than Falcao it has in fact proved to be the opposite as Vidal has further aggravated his injury just days after the window closed whereas Falcao appears to be fit to face QPR.

So while you may argue he's a liability, a risk in footballing and financial terms there are just as many who would argue he's a world class striker at his peak, a proven goalscorer in every league he's been in and against top English sides in high pressure games (vs Chelsea), fully recovered from a knee injury and ready to perform at the top level. They would not be wrong.

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else, but don't try and pass it on as fact.

Exactemundo.

The reason why no other club went for him was almost entirely due to his price tag' date=' not the wages. I mean, who in their right mind would buy a player returning from ACL injury for that kind of money? You can't even say that isn't true, as no other club had even advanced to personal terms. Call me stupid if you want, but it was a shrewd bit of business by United to capitilise on that loan option and finally seal the deal.

As for Monaco, I think you're seriously underestimating Falcao's cost for a club that has absolutely no income bar their sugar daddy. My point was exactly that they would use this 'temporary offload' to record two years worth of profit to be able to continue their current "business" model for longer. If not Falcao, what is stopping them from getiing Ronaldo on 300k/w net if they're safe from FFP for a while?

And whilst LFP don't have the power to impose tax laws on anybody, how long can they last without asking another sum of money, knowing they've been properly mugged off, whilst making sure the whole thing doesn't look like a blackmail? What Monaco are doing now is money laundering (that is if United are being forced to pay the full amount), and last time I checked, that was still a crime.[/quote']

I'm pretty certain other clubs were offered the loan. City were certainly reported to have been. I'm not sure it's that shrewd either as it leaves you paying for a costly rehabilitation season for Falcao, at the end of which you might not get to keep him permanently. Whilst you have first refusal on a deal, he can refuse personal terms to join you if Real are interested.

Monaco's sugar daddy is having a tough time at the moment (well, as tough as being down to your last £3bn can be). He's having to reduce Monaco's outlay to conform with both his new financial situation and FFP. In FFP terms, it's better to post profits in multiple seasons which selling Falcao next season will support. Remember that Monaco weren't assessed for FFP this summer since they didn't qualify for European competition last season (a baffling rule).

How are Monaco money laundering? None of the money even touches them. What would be illegal is if they were to continue to pay Falcao's wages with no tax when he resided and worked in a country that charges a 50% tax rate.

I'm pretty certain other clubs were offered the loan. City were certainly reported to have been. I'm not sure it's that shrewd either as it leaves you paying for a costly rehabilitation season for Falcao' date=' at the end of which you might not get to keep him permanently. Whilst you have first refusal on a deal, he can refuse personal terms to join you if Real are interested.

Monaco's sugar daddy is having a tough time at the moment (well, as tough as being down to your last £3bn can be). He's having to reduce Monaco's outlay to conform with both his new financial situation and FFP. In FFP terms, it's better to post profits in multiple seasons which selling Falcao next season will support. Remember that Monaco weren't assessed for FFP this summer since they didn't qualify for European competition last season (a baffling rule).

How are Monaco money laundering? None of the money even touches them. What would be illegal is if they were to continue to pay Falcao's wages with no tax when he resided and worked in a country that charges a 50% tax rate.[/quote']

Looked around for it, couldn't find it. Falcao was definitly offered to quite a few clubs, but for a huge price (circa 50M, wage package not included), not on a loan. United putting down a one-year loan bid was the first I had heard of. And as many fail to see, whilst it might initially seem to be a huge amount if money, United are so strong financially that a one-year deal isn't really a gamble, especially if he's able to guide them back into the CL.

The money Falcao takes might not be anything for the owner, but for a club with no sponsorships, no personal wealth and no way of increasing that in the near future (unless they were to win the CL in some miraculous fashion this year), Falcao amounts to a lot of "lost money", and the best way to sort that out? Get him off temporarily to see the green and stay clear for a while, before going back to the astronomical, tax-free wage policy. That to me is sophistical money laundering. They could probably do this every alternating year to secure the biggest players with illegal money whilst being on the good side of the inspectors.

The loan price United paid for him would cover quite a bit of those wages, probably enough to see them in the green. They do still have some finace you know.

Anyway, it's really a case of which way you look at it. On that note, good night.

I'm pretty certain other clubs were offered the loan. City were certainly reported to have been. I'm not sure it's that shrewd either as it leaves you paying for a costly rehabilitation season for Falcao' date=' at the end of which you might not get to keep him permanently. Whilst you have first refusal on a deal, he can refuse personal terms to join you if Real are interested.

How are Monaco money laundering? None of the money even touches them. What would be illegal is if they were to continue to pay Falcao's wages with no tax when he resided and worked in a country that charges a 50% tax rate.[/quote']

Allegedly City and United were both offered the loan but Falcao chose United as he felt he'd get more opportunities to play. The thing is it is a shrewd bit of business. If Falcao continues his goalscoring ways then United get a bag full of goals to help them reach the top 4. Then if the performances are worthwhile we have the first option to buy him.

If all goes pear shaped and he gets injured and never plays for United then at least they've only taken a hit wage wise which isn't at all a concern for anyone at the club due to incredibly healthy finances despite such large loan repayments. Essentially United have bagged a world class forward on a no strings deal, yes it costs them in wages but someone like Vidal would have cost a £40m fee + at least wages upwards of £150k a week.

I haven't worked it out exactly but I do believe it's cheaper to loan Falcao than buy Vidal?

Also you are correct he can decide to reject personal terms but if you spend a year at a club and help them into the champions league you have to be a special kind of ungrateful to then reject them for another club that didn't want you a year ago. I know Falcao follows the money in a way but again I'd say United would offer him higher wages than Madrid as they wouldn't want to rock the boat with Ronaldo.

The last player who wanted wages near to his ended up at United too...

I heard the same rumour regarding the owner's situation.

But as for Falcao it's not a fact it's your opinion.

He is not currently injured and has shown he is still in good scoring form at Monaco. There is currently no reason for anyone at United to be worried about his performances.

All players pick up knocks etc but that is the risk everyone takes when they step out onto the pitch.

The general consensus is not that he was a bigger gamble' date=' at the time of initial courting Vidal was further straining his knee injury being rushed back to playing. Falcao wasn't.

What I feel is being confused here is what people would have preferred. Most United fans and most sound minded people would recognise that a fully fit and in form Vidal would arguably give United more than Falcao as they were desperately lacking an all action CM/DM. Where I do take exception though is the suggestion that Vidal would be any less of a risk than Falcao it has in fact proved to be the opposite as Vidal has further aggravated his injury just days after the window closed whereas Falcao appears to be fit to face QPR.

So while you may argue he's a liability, a risk in footballing and financial terms there are just as many who would argue he's a world class striker at his peak, a proven goalscorer in every league he's been in and against top English sides in high pressure games (vs Chelsea), fully recovered from a knee injury and ready to perform at the top level. They would not be wrong.

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else, but don't try and pass it on as fact.[/quote']

But he is a gamble? It is a fact. He has played 3 games in 9 months and a cruciate knee ligament injury is a well known recurring injury after it has been suffered.

Hes hardly in the best shape of his life... He only scored 9 goals in 17 games prior to his injury and 2 goals in the 3 games hes played (against Lorient and Nancy)

An injury like that can have lasting effects. Have you watched him prior and after his injury? Not being active for such a sustained period can seriously dertriment a players stamina and fatigue, not to mention the lasting effects on such a serious injury, could of lost a yard of pace, power he can put into shots, etc.

Heres an example, look at Aaron Ramsey before and after his injury... He was a quarter of the player he was before he suffered that broken leg, it can affect confidence, weariness to fly in for challenges and is a massive psychological effect on how a player plays after.

Thats my opinion on the matter, and it IS a risk.

But he is a gamble? It is a fact. He has played 3 games in 9 months and a cruciate knee ligament injury is a well known recurring injury after it has been suffered.

Hes hardly in the best shape of his life... He only scored 9 goals in 17 games prior to his injury and 2 goals in the 3 games hes played (against Lorient and Nancy)

An injury like that can have lasting effects. Have you watched him prior and after his injury? Not being active for such a sustained period can seriously dertriment a players stamina and fatigue' date=' not to mention the lasting effects on such a serious injury, could of lost a yard of pace, power he can put into shots, etc.

Heres an example, look at Aaron Ramsey before and after his injury... He was a quarter of the player he was before he suffered that broken leg, it can affect confidence, weariness to fly in for challenges and is a massive psychological effect on how a player plays after.

Thats my opinion on the matter, and it IS a risk.[/quote']

9 goals in 17 is better than 1 in 2. That's a terrific record for most strikers in the world to have. Look at his career stats and you'll see how potent he is in front of goal!

Since returning from his injury he's got 2 goals in 3 games again better than 1 in 2 ratio.

He showed no signs in either game of fitness or injury problems so where's the risk?

Yeah look at Aaron Ramsey before and after his injury he's a 'beast' now!

Injuries can have impacts on players, like Vidal who has evidently got recurring problems, or Owen and Torres whose hamstrings ham-strung their careers.

Falcao does not currently show any signs of problems. If he does in the future then that is fine for United, they don't own him and don't have to worry about selling a crock at the end of the season.

He either performs and is offered a permanent contract or flops and goes back to Monaco either way United can only benefit from his presence and lose nothing they can't afford to lose.

I do respect though that in your opinion Falcao's loan move to United is a risk for the club and despite you being a Leeds fan I appreciate the concern :P

9 goals in 17 is better than 1 in 2. That's a terrific record for most strikers in the world to have. Look at his career stats and you'll see how potent he is in front of goal!

Since returning from his injury he's got 2 goals in 3 games again better than 1 in 2 ratio.

He showed no signs in either game of fitness or injury problems so where's the risk?

Yeah look at Aaron Ramsey before and after his injury he's a 'beast' now!

Injuries can have impacts on players' date=' like Vidal who has evidently got recurring problems, or Owen and Torres whose hamstrings ham-strung their careers.

Falcao does not currently show any signs of problems. If he does in the future then that is fine for United, they don't own him and don't have to worry about selling a crock at the end of the season.

He either performs and is offered a permanent contract or flops and goes back to Monaco either way United can only benefit from his presence and lose nothing they can't afford to lose.

I do respect though that in your opinion Falcao's loan move to United is a risk for the club and despite you being a Leeds fan I appreciate the concern :P[/quote']

Against Ligue 1 teams? Hardly a mean feat... Probably the equivalent of the championship.

He may have showed no signs but what if he aggravates his knee? One knock to that knee and he is out for 6/9 months again. Then thats United paying 15m for a 12 month contract for a player who can't play.

The point you made on Ramsey, how long did it take for him to get back into his stride again? 8-12 months? Most Arsenal fans wrote him off. Like i said, an injury like that can suffer prolonged consequences. I guarantee you won't see the Atletico Falcao, and if you do, i will sit here and eat humble pie.

As it stands, the money he is on, his age, injury concerns, he is a risk :P

These comparasions between the leagues...Always funny.Now Ligue I is the equivalent of Championship too.

Sorry Zlatan' date='you score against some amateurs.[/quote']

I wouldn't even class most ligue 1 teams that highly to be honest.