Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

I think Blackett's shown a pretty good understanding of the 3 man defence system' date=' whilst not being particularly great.[/quote']

You really cant expect a 20 year old to be amazing.What I see in him is potential to do really good in the future he surely isn't a championship standard player.

You really cant expect a 20 year old to be amazing.What I see in him is potential to do really good in the future he surely isn't a championship standard player.

There are always amazing players around who are 20 or under.

You would expect a player who is 20 starting in defence for United in such a League to be pretty special. Blackett ain't special he looks competent but I think him playing is more an indication of United's lack of resources in that area of the pitch more than his ability levels being of an elevated standard from what I have seen in the first few games, which admittedly ain't a lot to go on but it is all we have to go on at the minute.

There are always amazing players around who are 20 or under.

You would expect a player who is 20 starting in defence for United in such a League to be pretty special. Blackett ain't special he looks competent but I think him playing is more an indication of United's lack of resources in that area of the pitch more than his ability levels being of an elevated standard from what I have seen in the first few games' date=' which admittedly ain't a lot to go on but it is all we have to go on at the minute.[/quote']

But there are others too who hit their prime a tad later.

My only issue here is that he hasn't really made any error in the back 3 even if you look at the goals afterwards,his positional sense looks pretty decent.He's lazy but is a lot composed for a player of his age but yes I agree he's starting because United have got nothing in the CB spot but I'll be surprised if he doesn't keeps his place in the XI.He's better then Evans at this age though.

Rojo may need some time to adapt like Coloccini did.

Hopfully a sign of many things to come in a United shirt. ? Can't wait for Sundays match' date=' to see him along with the new signings in action.[/color']?

Hopefully. I don't mind him plonking crosses on peoples' heads if you go on to lose games ;) Against the mighty Czech Republic, no less.

Hopefully. I don't mind him plonking crosses on peoples' heads if you go on to lose games ;) Against the mighty Czech Republic' date=' no less.[/quote']

As I said at the start,this is biased hatred(which I love to do :P) but lets face it,Blind will be a very good signing for United.

Maybe' date=' maybe not. He's only ever had experience in the Dutch league.[/quote']

NT gametime isn't exactly the dutch league, especially when we talk about a World Cup. And Europa League and Champions League too now that we are talking abou it. I don't think he and Rojo aren't that great, but only time will tell.

NT gametime isn't exactly the dutch league' date=' especially when we talk about a World Cup. And [b']Europa League and Champions League[/b] too now that we are talking abou it. I don't think he and Rojo aren't that great, but only time will tell.

Now that you mention it, Blind hasn't particularly impressed in EL or CL.

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

On the general subject of Dutch defenders/players with De Vrij and Martins Indi having already moved I was surprised Van Gaal didnt make moves for Jordie Clasie and Daryl Janmaat before he went to Newcastle, 5 million bob too.

On the general subject of Dutch defenders/players with De Vrij and Martins Indi having already moved I was surprised Van Gaal didnt make moves for Jordie Clasie and Daryl Janmaat before he went to Newcastle' date=' 5 million bob too.[/quote']

I'm not, personally I'm happy with our window and don't feel Clasie or Janmaat would have added anything near the standard we need.

Just seen that this is now 'Official Manchester United Thread' I don't know who changed it but hats off to you!

On the general subject of Dutch defenders/players with De Vrij and Martins Indi having already moved I was surprised Van Gaal didnt make moves for Jordie Clasie and Daryl Janmaat before he went to Newcastle' date=' 5 million bob too.[/quote']

Sweet header though.

I'm not' date=' personally I'm happy with our window and don't feel Clasie or Janmaat would have added anything near the standard we need.

Just seen that this is now 'Official Manchester United Thread' I don't know who changed it but hats off to you![/quote']

Clasie would have been a nice addition to the defensive mid position. He could play there if and when Blind is needed at LB or CB.

I'm not' date=' personally I'm happy with our window and don't feel Clasie or Janmaat would have added anything near the standard we need.

Just seen that this is now 'Official Manchester United Thread' I don't know who changed it but hats off to you![/quote']

Thought it was better named this.

& I think Clasie would have added a lot more quality in the middle than you had/have.

Janmaat is an improvement on Rafael.

Sweet header though.

One mistake doesn't make a player what he is, could name hundreds of errors over the years.

Wonder what deals are in the pipeline for you lot for January?

Woodward's said today when announcing the accounts that he didn't envisage any major signings in January' date=' but that proposals Van Gaal made would be considered.

Interesting that the accounts haven't been mentioned:

[center']Revenue of £433.2m, up 19%.

Sponsorship revenue up 49%.

Adjusted EBITDA of £130.1m, up 20%.

Commercial revenue up £36.8m on 2013.

Broadcasting revenue up £34.2m on 2013.

Total revenue up £70m.

Profit down £122.6m on 2013 to £23.8m.

Debt down £47.4m to £341.8m.

Cash reduced £28m to £66.4m.

Operating expenses increased by £62m to £372.3m.

David Moyes sacking cost them £5.2m.

Employee benefit expenses went up £34.3m to £214.8m.

Predictions for 2015:

Revenue of £385-395m.

EBITDA of £90-95m.[/center]

Those 2015 predictions are based on finishing in the top 3 and making no January buys. Note that these figures are for last season, before your expensive summer.

In short, you've made a revenue of £433.2m and had costs of £409.4m to generate a profit of £23.8m. Your debt stands at £341.8m.

Looks pretty worrying if you don't finish in the CL spots as your costs in 13/14 exceed your anticipated revenue for 14/15 and I can't imagine they'll have reduced at all with your summer spending (and the wages of those acquisitions).

Woodward's said today when announcing the accounts that he didn't envisage any major signings in January' date=' but that proposals Van Gaal made would be considered.

Total revenue up £70m.

Predictions for 2015:

Revenue of £385-395m.

Those 2015 predictions are based on finishing in the top 3 and making no January buys. Note that these figures are for last season, before your expensive summer.

In short, you've made a revenue of £433.2m and had costs of £409.4m to generate a profit of £23.8m. Your debt stands at £341.8m.

Looks pretty worrying if you don't finish in the CL spots as your costs in 13/14 exceed your anticipated revenue for 14/15 and I can't imagine they'll have reduced at all with your summer spending (and the wages of those acquisitions).

Where the , do you get these figures from and what's the proof they are accurate?

Total revenue up £70m.

Predictions for 2015:

Revenue of £385-395m.

You know a lot about United for an Etihad fan.

You know a lot about United for an Etihad fan.

Most of it's a copy and paste job and it's all readily available information (lot's on the BBC here). City's battle with FFP has got me quite interested in football finances and United have very interesting accounts at the moment.