Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Great game great result for the lads.?Loved how we played and moved the ball around, brings back memories of the old United.

Happy to see the new boys on the score sheet, and that we finally have a impact player like Di Maria on the team. Herrera was great also along with Rafael. I think there could be a more permanent role for Blackett in the team.?

Of course we played QPR, there are very much tough times ahead, but a big improvement to what we saw from the previous games. There was none of ths side passing we some how got in our heads in the first few games.

Evans and De Gea need to organise themselves better if Evans does become a permanment CB.

I would say if anyone is to get dropped it would be RVP for Falcao.

?

I'm amazed nobody has picked up on the increasing number of stories suggesting next summer is the time Ronaldo will return to Old Trafford.

For once I believe that if United manage to get CL football he will come. He's clearly not 100% happy with Real, he's nearing 30 so will likely want to move sooner rather than later to not taint his legacy by playing as a spent force.

Personally I think Falcao's loan move to United might have more to it than meets the eye. Perhaps United have said to Madrid we have first option on him but give us Ronaldo and we'll pass up on the chance? Who knows!

There were a few concerns about how United would line up if Ronaldo joined but I can see how the prospect is anything other than potentially terrific news.

I'm amazed nobody has picked up on the increasing number of stories suggesting next summer is the time Ronaldo will return to Old Trafford.

For once I believe that if United manage to get CL football he will come. He's clearly not 100% happy with Real' date=' he's nearing 30 so will likely want to move sooner rather than later to not taint his legacy by playing as a spent force.

Personally I think Falcao's loan move to United might have more to it than meets the eye. Perhaps United have said to Madrid we have first option on him but give us Ronaldo and we'll pass up on the chance? Who knows!

There were a few concerns about how United would line up if Ronaldo joined but I can see how the prospect is anything other than potentially terrific news.[/quote']

o-b_aMpJF0I

For once I believe that if United manage to get CL football he will come. He's clearly not 100% happy with Real' date=' he's nearing 30 so will likely want to move sooner rather than later to not taint his legacy by playing as a spent force.

There were a few concerns about how United would line up if Ronaldo joined but I can see how the prospect is anything other than potentially terrific news.[/quote']

Perfect time for Real to sell while he still has some resale value. I can't imagine that you'll be unchallenged for him though, and I don't think Real will be too hung up on Falcao.

Perfect time for Real to sell while he still has some resale value. I can't imagine that you'll be unchallenged for him though' date=' and I don't think Real will be too hung up on Falcao.[/quote']

Where else is he going? Chelsea? The only other club who could semi-realistically make a bid and have Ronaldo listen (since he can't go to City), but United are far more likely to get him.

If say he was nurtured at Spurs and sold from there to Madrid, Man United, Chelsea, and Man City would be the only clubs he'd probably listen to.

I did read rumours that Utd were being used as a stop gap for Falcao until he could move to Real permanently next year.

I wouldn't mind betting that when Man City came in with a permanent offer Real acted in some capacity to get Falcao to Utd for the year so that they could take him next year on a permanent deal. The sudden switch from Falcao to Hernandez and the Ronaldo rumours might add some weight to that.

Or maybe i'm making something out of nothing and coming up with a wild conspiracy theory :P

Man united it kinda scaring to think I mean falcao' date=' di maria, van persie, rooney, mata my god it like a dream came true.

P.S: l wasn't alive when the tranfer window was open l just realise this[/quote']

That's my dream team that I got told a few months back to stop writing about, and to stop putting up my FIFA Ultimate line up. :o

My my how we have come a long way since then. ?

Because it's a complete non-story maybe?

Ronaldo finds an excuse to be unhappy. [sales of key players]

->

Ronaldo uses that to unsettle the RM hierarchy. [united being the obvious link]

->

Perez bottles it [instantaneously] and offers Ronaldo another pay rise.

(Calderon is doing his best to help out too.)

->

Ronaldo and Mendes are happy for another year, with the latter taking home a huge pay check for himself.

Besides, Ronaldo won't leave until he's smashed Raul's records and cemented himself as a RM legend, if not the greatest Blanco ever.

And even if he's stupid enough not to pursue that, he is pretty much uncontested, as he'd never move to another English club. I can only see Bayern being potential customers, that is if he's up to it as well (with Ribéry not looking great anymore).

On another note, great game against Sunderland [u21] yesterday.Januzaj was class. LvG and Giggs must understand that he's not u21-material anymore, and is probably United's second-best winger behind Dì Maria at the moment.

Keane was excellent too - kept Sunderland unnerved all game long. I'm also incredibly impressed by the evolution of the young Josh Harrop, and am surprised to see little to no mention of his performances for the youth teams.

Janko and Pereira still need some time in the youth teams. Although both show a lot of promise, there are still a couple of things that need working on (e.g. composure), especially with the latter. Has anyone been keeping tabs on Varela?

And even if he's stupid enough not to pursue that' date=' he is pretty much uncontested, as he'd never move to another English club. I can only see Bayern being potential customers, that is if he's up to it as well (with Ribéry not looking great anymore).[/quote']

He can't go to Germany. Doesn't know the language and at this point in his career he doesn't want to learn another one

Perfect time for Real to sell while he still has some resale value. I can't imagine that you'll be unchallenged for him though' date=' and I don't think Real will be too hung up on Falcao.[/quote']

Yeah we would, you'd just not want to believe it. If he leaves Real it'll only be for United, unless for some reason we don't pursue the deal.

We might as well keep Falcao and stick Big Ron up top with him.

Yeah we would' date=' you'd just not want to believe it. If he leaves Real it'll only be for United, unless for some reason we don't pursue the deal.

We might as well keep Falcao and stick Big Ron up top with him.

If Real are happy to let Ronaldo leave, then he won't be playing at the level he has done for the past few years.

Potentially, but other clubs could push the price up for you. If that means you can't afford to sort out the areas of your squad that still need dramatic improvement then I'd still be reasonably happy.

He can't go to Germany. Doesn't know the language and at this point in his career he doesn't want to learn another one

Yeah' date=' nobody at Bayern speaks Spanish...

[center']318.png79017.png332.png

204842.png4470.png32.png

2054.png110120.png[/center]

Yeah' date=' nobody at Bayern speaks Spanish...

[/quote']

Not the point. Considering Ronaldo's hmm...standards for his quality of life, there's no point in him moving to a country where the language and culture are significantly different, and not necessarily one that favors him. His idea of a career after football is something like movies, a personality for which Germany might not be the best fit. It's not like he wouldn't have a life outside of football.

And his girlfriend might not care to visit him there as much as say the sunny Madrid or the trendy London

If Real are happy to let Ronaldo leave' date=' then he won't be playing at the level he has done for the past few years.[/color']

Potentially, but other clubs could push the price up for you. If that means you can't afford to sort out the areas of your squad that still need dramatic improvement then I'd still be reasonably happy.

Other clubs won't be able to push the price up if Ronaldo flat our refuses to consider any club but United. So Real are left to either cash in from the one club that he wants to join or keep him and lose on the resale value.

Trust you to try and find the negatives in the possibility of Ronaldo rejoining United, even of it is hypothetical at present.

Nice to see that people now say Real aren't going to sign Falcao after Ben's scenario below hinted he could be used in a deal to bring Ronaldo back.

If Real are happy to let Ronaldo leave' date=' then he won't be playing at the level he has done for the past few years.[/color']

Yeah, nobody at Bayern speaks Spanish...

318.png79017.png332.png

204842.png4470.png32.png

2054.png110120.png

With all due respect Stu I think your City specs are on.

Ronaldo has always expressed a desire to return to United and unlike Fabregas at Arsenal we desperately want him back!

He wouldn't join City or any other premier league club and would not join Bayern or PSG as the leagues aren't competitive enough.

If he decides to leave Real Madrid I'd bet my house that it will be for Manchester United.