Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Because it's a complete non-story maybe?

Ronaldo finds an excuse to be unhappy. [sales of key players]

->

Ronaldo uses that to unsettle the RM hierarchy. [united being the obvious link]

->

Perez bottles it [instantaneously] and offers Ronaldo another pay rise.

(Calderon is doing his best to help out too.)

->

Ronaldo and Mendes are happy for another year' date=' with the latter taking home a huge pay check for himself.

Besides, Ronaldo won't leave until he's smashed Raul's records and cemented himself as a RM legend, if not the greatest Blanco ever.

And even if he's stupid enough not to pursue that, he is pretty much uncontested, as he'd never move to another English club. I can only see Bayern being potential customers, that is if he's up to it as well (with Ribéry not looking great anymore).[/quote']

Agree with nearly all of that and I think it is a pretty decent summary, just think Ronaldo is probably acting a bit butt hurt to the rumours he ain't the highest paid player in the world anymore on his measley £288,000 a week :o

Of course that is just basic as well :o

Only part I disagree with is the Bayern part no chance for me of that ever happening, at the end of the day only a few clubs could afford him and if he were to leave (don't see it) United is the most probable and viable option, it would make sense.

Personally I think anybody paying a massive fee,then huge wages etc for a 30 year old or soon to be is a non starter for most people, his level will start to drop eventually and obviously no resale value.

With all due respect Stu I think your City specs are on.

Ronaldo has always expressed a desire to return to United and unlike Fabregas at Arsenal we desperately want him back!

He wouldn't join City or any other premier league club and would not join Bayern or PSG as the leagues aren't competitive enough.

If he decides to leave Real Madrid I'd bet my house that it will be for Manchester United.

True. However, if PSG stick in a £100m offer, Real are unlikely to accept a fairer offer from you.

I think he will go back to you but it will either be as a token gesture when he's a bit past it or for more than he's worth.

With all due respect Stu I think your City specs are on.

Ronaldo has always expressed a desire to return to United and unlike Fabregas at Arsenal we desperately want him back!

He wouldn't join City or any other premier league club and would not join Bayern or PSG as the leagues aren't competitive enough.

If he decides to leave Real Madrid I'd bet my house that it will be for Manchester United.

Stuart is being a little pain in the butt right now lol. He's not really looking at this logically and considering the evidence but just having a go

Agree with nearly all of that and I think it is a pretty decent summary' date=' just think Ronaldo is probably acting a bit butt hurt to the rumours he ain't the highest paid player in the world anymore on his measley £288,000 a week :o

Of course that is just basic as well :o

Only part I disagree with is the Bayern part no chance for me of that ever happening, at the end of the day only a few clubs could afford him and if he were to leave (don't see it) United is the most probable and viable option, it would make sense.

Personally I think anybody paying a massive fee,then huge wages etc for a 30 year old or soon to be is a non starter for most people, his level will start to drop eventually and obviously no resale value.[/quote']

For once though the situation is vastly different. Ronaldo has rarely if ever publically criticised the transfer strategy of Real Madrid and has always done his wage demand stunt less explicitly.

This to me speaks more as a man nearing his 30's longing to return to a club that loved him and appreciated him for all his strengths and flaws, a club where he was happy.

Real Madrid is the job, the big career move to make him the legend but United is his home.

If we bring Ronaldo in this summer even for £50m (interesting that this would also be the approx price of one Radamel Falcao....) I'd be delighted just as I was delighted we'd sign Di Maria.

I don't care about price I care about quality and Ronaldo is currently the best all round player in the world and even in a few years time he'll still be able to tear up a defence or two he's in terrific shape!

Other clubs won't be able to push the price up if Ronaldo flat our refuses to consider any club but United. So Real are left to either cash in from the one club that he wants to join or keep him and lose on the resale value.

Trust you to try and find the negatives in the possibility of Ronaldo rejoining United' date=' even of it is hypothetical at present.

Nice to see that people now say Real aren't going to sign Falcao after Ben's scenario below hinted he could be used in a deal to bring Ronaldo back.[/quote']

I genuinely cannot see a scenario realistically where Ronaldo would end up anywhere else.

Well Danc people like to say we're wrong and United are doing things wrong.

I genuinely believe there could be something in this too many coincidences, Hernandez on loan as we have Falcao, Falcao and Ronaldo's prices, Falcao wanting Madrid, Ronaldo wanting United...

It wouldn't surprise me if we essentially let Falcao go and got Ronaldo in return. You heard it here first.

It makes more sense when you think about what Real Madrid need and the players they have. Bale will likely take over as the main winger at Madrid and with the likes of Rodriguez etc coming through I never get excited by Ronaldo rumours but for once things add up (especially since he's got his CL medal for Madrid's 10th title).

He's achieved all he needed to at Madrid the only question is does he want to beat Raul's record or is he happy to just be 2nd best scorer but by far the better player.

Ronaldo has already stated he was misquoted with regards to the transfer policy I really wouldn't read to much in to it, I really wouldn't.

I understand why you would be "looking" for reasons to have the prodigal son (United's fans words, clearly not mine ;)) return but if I was you I would hold back from buying a Ronaldo shirt anytime soon I really can't see it happening. Madrid ain't gunna let him leave.

Whilst your sentimental words are lovely Ben, I think you may find he just wants more cash to make him the best paid player in the world again to satisfy his massive ego and his agents pockets....

Ronaldo has already stated he was misquoted with regards to the transfer policy I really wouldn't read to much in to it' date=' I really wouldn't.

I understand why you would be "looking" for reasons to have the prodigal son (United's fans words, clearly not mine ;)) return but if I was you I would hold back from buying a Ronaldo shirt anytime soon I really can't see it happening. Madrid ain't gunna let him leave.

Whilst your sentimental words are lovely Ben, I think you may find he just wants more cash to make him the best paid player in the world again to satisfy his massive ego and his agents pockets....[/quote']

Well I've got to keep myself busy on Tuesdays what with no CL football worth watching ;)

He wasn't misquoted he's back pedalling.

Nobody is saying it's 100% but I think it is possible and I am 99% certain that if Ronaldo were to leave Madrid it would only be for United.

In the same way that once PSG were out of the race for Di Maria the only place for him was United.

Well I've got to keep myself busy on Tuesdays what with no CL football worth watching ;)

He wasn't misquoted he's back pedalling.

Nobody is saying it's 100% but I think it is possible and I am 99% certain that if Ronaldo were to leave Madrid it would only be for United.

In the same way that once PSG were out of the race for Di Maria the only place for him was United.

That is very true Ben, long may it continue ;)

I agree if he were to leave Real United is the only real option, I just don't believe it will happen at least not in the next 12-18 months.

He's achieved all he needed to at Madrid the only question is does he want to beat Raul's record or is he happy to just be 2nd best scorer but by far the better player.

He'll never be remembered as the all-time best if he doesn't beat Raùl's record, or Dì Stefano's too for that matter (which he probably won't this season). Until I see his name all the way on the top of that list, he's achieved nothing (worth talking about, at RM) in my eyes.

could of gone remotely original and asked how eastenders was or something :o

technically that phrase is used more often but besides the point i wasn't trying to be funny in the slightest.

Could of gone remotely original and asked how Eastenders was or something :o

Alfie sets his house on fire. Kat is in it and gets scorched. Hopefully both die (in their acting role' date=' not in real life) - terrible, terrible acting.

Lacey Turner still looks pretty fit though.

Alfie sets his house on fire. Kat is in it and gets scorched. Hopefully both die (in their acting role' date=' not in real life) - terrible, terrible acting.

Lacey Turner still looks pretty fit though.

I thought I was sad watching Liverpool but this is a new low for you Ani

So Rooney' date=' van Persie and Falcao all start.

Would have preferred Mata keeping his place and dropping RvP for Falcao.[/quote']

Expected really. RvP on his last chance here.

Rooney isn't far behind in my opinion, although LvG's recent statement that he'd get "a captain's preference" is kind of worrying.