Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Credit to Leicester for showing that they're well and truly EPL material' date=' but this game was ultimately decided by shocking refereeing.[/quote']

Like I said, refreshing to see the reffing go Utd's way.

Like I said' date=' refreshing to see the reffing go Utd's way.[/quote']

Fair enough if you're talking about one decision, but in this case it was like the Chelsea-Barcelona game a couple of years ago.

De Laet should have had an early bath after some cynical challenges. United would have smashed a 10-man Leicester when the score was still 1-3.

The first penalty was an absolute joke. As much as Vardy played a good game, he's a vile player constantly looking to bulldoze others out of the way without any intent of getting the ball. The penalty was just one of those moments.

Second pen shouldn't have stood either - again a blatant shove on Blackett without even looking at the ball.

Two unjustified pen's and a red that was not given? Haven't seen many of those in United's favour in the past.

Fair enough if you're talking about one decision' date=' but in this case it was like the Chelsea-Barcelona game a couple of years ago.

De Laet should have had an early bath after some cynical challenges. United would have smashed a 10-man Leicester when the score was still 1-3.

The first penalty was an absolute joke. As much as Vardy played a good game, he's a vile player constantly looking to bulldoze others out of the way without any intent of getting the ball. The penalty was just one of those moments.

Second pen shouldn't have stood either - again a blatant shove on Blackett without even looking at the ball.

Two unjustified pen's and a red that was not given? Haven't seen many of those in United's favour in the past.[/quote']

I think most would definitely disagree with you on the red and the second penalty.

Sour grapes methinks.

I think most would definitely disagree with you on the red and the second penalty.

Sour grapes methinks.

Not "sour grapes" as I did congratulate Leicester on their performance. [And I did mean it' date= as they made for a stunning game for the neutral.]

However, I'd suggest you watch the replays (or MOTD) this evening and take a good look at that "quality CF play", which ultimately led to the second "penalty". You see those given all the time against the attacker.

Not "sour grapes" as I did congratulate Leicester on their performance. [And I did mean it' date= as they made for a stunning game for the neutral.]

However, I'd suggest you watch the replays (or MOTD) this evening and take a good look at that "quality CF play", which ultimately led to the second "penalty". You see those given all the time against the attacker.

I've just seen them. Good strength from Vardy and absolutely no shove on Blackett. Haven't seen any replays of De LAet so obviously Sky don't think he should have walked.

Load of united fans being racist to balotelli on Twitter. Sore losers who dish banter out for years butycant take it. Lol!!!!!!

Every club has idiots. I saw someone tweet a picture of all the abuse (which is extreme) with the caption (or whatever it is) 'This picture epitomises united fans. Racist pigs. #MUFC we love Mario! Hilarious banter! Followed by abuse', which obviously was nowhere near as bad, but it's still stupid.

Sadly, I'm sure Evra would get similar abuse from fans of other clubs had he put 'Liverpool... LOL'. Twitter is awful for football fans being arse holes.

To summarise todays game

Going forward United look insanely good. The goals from a beautiful assist for the first, and Di Marias lob were exquisite

At the back, shocking really. First goal Rojo should have dealt out wide, even then rafael should have tracked Ulloa.

The first pen, it was a foul before Rafael's clumsy challenge, but for me the "foul" on Rafael was more a foul than the pen

3rd goal, sloppy slack defending with amateurish attempts at clearing a ball

4th and 5th goals were just poor defending again, also Mata losing possession in that area with us committed up field didn't help matters (No pun intended)

All in all United still have a lot of work to do! :o

Wow what a game!

I am obviously gutted we lost but that was great to watch.

Leicester battled ever step of the way. To come back from 3-1 down to get 5-3 showed grit and determination.

Obviously luck had a big hand but I find that the more pressure you put on teams the luckier you get and the way Leicester set up by pressing our defence all game long we were bound to give the referee something to think about.

Offensively I'd say we're up there with the best in the league but defensively. My god.

We need a solid CB in January if top 4 is to be a possibility at the moment I'd settle for another 7th placer ;)

Think we'll be fine, still adjusting to Van Gaal's philosophy and the team is still gelling. Would still expect us to get top 4 especially with how average Liverpool are right now

Think the game was entertaining and good to watch. ? Not happy with the result as we fell apart at the back, to state the obvious. We are still adjusting to VG style of play and what he exactly wants from each player.

I was expecting a win no doubt, but credit to leister who played well and got a few lucky goals/brakes. Still confident of a top 4 finish. If you look at other result this weekend few big teams dropped points which will only continue.

Had we won this match we would of closed the gap and made the table and ourselves look some what more respectable. ?

smileys-coffee-220654.gif

So what do people make of Van Gaal now?

I dare to think if this was David Moyes, especially when you consider he didn't have the likes of Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria and Falcao.

To concede 5 goals to a newly promoted team is highly embarrassing, clubs like Utd shouldn't concede 5 to any club.

No midweek Champions League either, so the defence should have been worked on over and over throughout the week.

Whether you can accept it or not the excuses are fast running out for Van Gaal - soon the only one left will be he made a big mistake by not signing a quality out and out centre back - and by the time the January transfer window comes around it may be too late for top 4...

I dare to think if this was David Moyes' date=' especially when you consider he didn't have the likes of Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria and Falcao.

To concede 5 goals to a newly promoted team is highly embarrassing, clubs like Utd shouldn't concede 5 to any club.

No midweek Champions League either, so the defence should have been worked on over and over throughout the week.

Whether you can accept it or not the excuses are fast running out for Van Gaal - soon the only one left will be he made a big mistake by not signing a quality out and out centre back - and by the time the January transfer window comes around it may be too late for top 4...[/quote']

Of course, you could be right, come January it could be to late for a top 4. Nothing stoping him from starting over again next season. It's his first season we aren't even a quarter of the way though so still early to be talking about time running out.

We have no excuse for our defence, we had no mid week games etc. We never signed a decent CB and are now paying the price.Still to early for any kind of judgment on VG.

Come January wether we are out of top 4 all together or not there will be CB's coming in.

I hear Evans picked up an injury vs Leicester too lol. When it rains it pours...

We will yet again have a new backline against West Ham and I could only see it being Rafael- Smalling- Rojo- Shaw/Blind.

Janko is another alternative. Much rather have him play than Blackett who I hope to never see play for us again.

Actually want Shaw to start at LB. The kid needs his chance too.

Blackett's not ready for first team football, but it's not his fault he's being relied on by one of the biggest clubs in the world. Van Gaal failed to address the areas that needed to be addressed, as a result the likes of Blackett, Anderson and Lingard have already played minutes when all three don't look Premier League standard.

Of course' date=' you could be right, come January it could be to late for a top 4. [b']Nothing stoping him from starting over again next season.[/b] It's his first season we aren't even a quarter of the way though so still early to be talking about time running out.

We have no excuse for our defence, we had no mid week games etc. We never signed a decent CB and are now paying the price.Still to early for any kind of judgment on VG.

Come January wether we are out of top 4 all together or not there will be CB's coming in.

Except for the small fact that United would lose a huge amount of their current sponsorship money? If they don't get CL football this season, they're halfway to doing a Leeds, and that's a fact.

I dare to think if this was David Moyes' date=' especially when you consider he didn't have the likes of Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria and Falcao.

Whether you can accept it or not the excuses are fast running out for Van Gaal - soon the only one left will be he made a big mistake by not signing a quality out and out centre back - and by the time the January transfer window comes around it may be too late for top 4...[/quote']

The problem is what CB is truly top quality that would solve our defence that didn't choose another club?

We've been plagued by injuries to our defence so our potential best line up has not yet played.

We have a chance at the top 4 as fortunately Liverpool are having more problems at the back too and Spurs will probably chuff it up in some small way.

I still maintain LVG is better for United then Moyes because we play with much more positivity. Also I do not believe someone of Di Maria's ilk would want to join Moyes' regime at the time.