Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Except for the small fact that United would lose a huge amount of their current sponsorship money? If they don't get CL football this season' date=' they're halfway to doing a Leeds, and that's a fact.[/b']

Eh?

On what planet is that a fact?

That's sensationalising to the nth degree.

United don't need Champions league football for next season in order to survive but of course everyone at the club expects it and would prefer it.

Yes they would lose sponsorship money but they would still be getting in an awful lot too!

Eh?

On what planet is that a fact?

That's sensationalising to the nth degree.

United don't need Champions league football for next season in order to survive but of course everyone at the club expects it and would prefer it.

Yes they would lose sponsorship money but they would still be getting in an awful lot too!

It's common sense more than anything. United have lost out on 30-odd million this year already, and are probably not going to win any prize money either, so they're almost entirely reliant on GM and Adidas to fill up that chest.

Slash those deals in half, and you got yourself a Leeds_v2, especially considering the current mindset that the shopping is far from done.

It's common sense more than anything. United have lost out on 30-odd million this year already' date=' and are probably not going to win any prize money either, so they're almost entirely reliant on GM and Adidas to fill up that chest.

Slash those deals in half, and you got yourself a Leeds_v2, especially considering the current mindset that the shopping is far from done.[/quote']

Honestly you live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe in what you just wrote....

yes they may lose out on some cash commercially but United has revenues that nobody else can possibly imagine, United would never be a Leeds Mark 2

Even if United got into the worse financial situation ever they would get bailed out by somebody because it is Manchester United, like it or not (and I don't :)) United are a national and worldwide institution....

Except for the small fact that United would lose a huge amount of their current sponsorship money? If they don't get CL football this season' date=' they're halfway to doing a Leeds, and that's a fact.[/quote']

That's funny.

I don't think you have a clue about how big a club Man United is and their revenue streams.

So what do people make of Van Gaal now?

I dare to think if this was David Moyes' date=' especially when you consider he didn't have the likes of Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria and Falcao.

To concede 5 goals to a newly promoted team is highly embarrassing, clubs like Utd shouldn't concede 5 to any club.

No midweek Champions League either, so the defence should have been worked on over and over throughout the week.

Whether you can accept it or not the excuses are fast running out for Van Gaal - soon the only one left will be he made a big mistake by not signing a quality out and out centre back - and by the time the January transfer window comes around it may be too late for top 4...[/quote']

Much rather see what I saw yesterday than a complete drab 1-0 loss where we barely muster a shot on target

Rome wasn't built in a day.

I hear Evans picked up an injury vs Leicester too lol. When it rains it pours...

We will yet again have a new backline against West Ham and I could only see it being Rafael- Smalling- Rojo- Shaw/Blind.

Janko is another alternative. Much rather have him play than Blackett who I hope to never see play for us again.

Actually want Shaw to start at LB. The kid needs his chance too.

First half Blackett wasn't *that* bad he did quite well, 2nd half Rojo just left him to get absolutely beasted. He shouldn't be our starting CB as he isn't ready.

If you don't finish in the top 4' date=' it'll be interesting to see if Di Maria and those on a similar level have get out clauses in their contracts.

[/quote']

Firstly I very much doubt they do, but again I dunno if Mendes reps Di Maria, if so then hmmmmm...

Also:

k4YamsU.jpg

Except for the small fact that United would lose a huge amount of their current sponsorship money? If they don't get CL football this season' date=' they're halfway to doing a Leeds, and that's a fact.[/quote']

Agree withe lads on this one mate. They rake in so much money with revenue and other merchandise on the side that there would be not problem with them not playing CL next season.

Can't see United doing a Leeds.

smileys-confused-731584.gif

Agree withe lads on this one mate. They rake in so much money with revenue and other merchandise on the side that there would be not problem with them not playing CL next season.

Can't see United doing a Leeds.

smileys-confused-731584.gif

I can if you keep it up. Companies won't hand huge sponsorships to failing clubs for long. But then I reckon Woodward's smart enough financially to make sure the players on the books aren't going to put you in deficit. Too long out of the CL means you might lose the Di Maria's and Falcao's and have to start looking at the Tadic's and Pelle's instead.

I can if you keep it up. Companies won't hand huge sponsorships to failing clubs for long. But then I reckon Woodward's smart enough financially to make sure the players on the books aren't going to put you in deficit. Too long out of the CL means you might lose the Di Maria's and Falcao's and have to start looking at the Tadic's and Pelle's instead.

They have an enormous stadium and a huge global fanbase, and it takes a long time to eradicate the advantages of that. Think your City lens and desire of seeing your wishes fulfilled are affecting your judgement here.

They have an enormous stadium and a huge global fanbase' date=' and it takes a long time to eradicate the advantages of that. Think your City lens and desire of seeing your wishes fulfilled are affecting your judgement here.[/quote']

Out of everyone that posted about this he digs up my post and decides to comment in it. :confused:

Well said also. Those City lenses are definitely on right now.

smileys-beating-and-fighting-168470.gif

Man. United's finances are nothing like Leeds, at the moment their still making money and talk of them dropping down to League 1 is very far fetched.

At the height before Leeds drop they were still losing money, they didn't have the revenue to support their big spending despite reaching the Champions League semi-final. Man. United will undoubtedly take a financial hit if they miss out on the Champions League again but whilst a club of that side may have to cut back it's spending on wages I just can't see them dropping out of the division any time soon. The revenue they'll have even without Champions League football should easily keep them in the top half of the table.

They have an enormous stadium and a huge global fanbase' date=' and it takes a long time to eradicate the advantages of that. Think your City lens and desire of seeing your wishes fulfilled are affecting your judgement here.[/quote']

An enormous stadium can be a burden if you don't fill it. Whilst attendances are still very high, United are apparently struggling to shift the hospitality packages that bring in about half their matchday income. No European games won't help that either.

And, a global fanbase is very fickle. If United go a few years without a trophy then you can bet some of the people in Asia and such will ditch their United shirt for a Chelsea, City, Bayern or Real one.

I think United may well go the route of Liverpool of spending a few years in the doldrums of midtable. If they then take a gamble to spend money they don't have to try and get back to their 90s level and it doesn't work out, doing a Leeds becomes a possibility.

An enormous stadium can be a burden if you don't fill it. Whilst attendances are still very high' date=' United are apparently struggling to shift the hospitality packages that bring in about half their matchday income. No European games won't help that either.

And, a global fanbase is very fickle. If United go a few years without a trophy then you can bet some of the people in Asia and such will ditch their United shirt for a Chelsea, City, Bayern or Real one.

I think United may well go the route of Liverpool of spending a few years in the doldrums of midtable. If they then take a gamble to spend money they don't have to try and get back to their 90s level and it doesn't work out, doing a Leeds becomes a possibility.[/quote']

There is NO possibility of United doing a Leeds....EVER

United will never be relegated and United will never be in a position where nobody would want to buy them.....

They are a worldwide institution, thinking of Leeds type scenarios is just wishful and misguided thinking.

The worst that will happen is what is happening now for a couple of seasons but with FFP, the massive commercial revenues(which no English club can get near) and the way it is set up everything is in United's favour and they have a massive advantage over the vast majority of the field and always will do.

An enormous stadium can be a burden if you don't fill it. Whilst attendances are still very high' date=' United are apparently struggling to shift the hospitality packages that bring in about half their matchday income. No European games won't help that either.

I think United may well go the route of Liverpool of spending a few years in the doldrums of midtable. If they then take a gamble to spend money they don't have to try and get back to their 90s level and it doesn't work out, doing a Leeds becomes a possibility.[/quote']

This post is just your wet dream. They are the biggest club on earth. The sooner you realise City are a nothing club for the next decade and Manchester aren't the better we'll all feel. Wake up.

What absolute nonsense Stu, this is what you hope, not what you expect. You're so anti United that you may as well not bother posting in this thread as it's absolute garbage 99.9% of the time.

As I've said before, at least McCococococo was obvious with his trolling.

I think United may well go the route of Liverpool of spending a few years in the doldrums of midtable.[/b'] If they then take a gamble to spend money they don't have to try and get back to their 90s level and it doesn't work out, doing a Leeds becomes a possibility.

To be clear, the bold is what I think will happen. The bit that isn't is what could happen if United were at that level and then messed up. I don't think that's at all likely.

What absolute nonsense Stu' date=' this is what you hope, not what you expect. You're so anti United that you may as well not bother posting in this thread as it's absolute garbage 99.9% of the time.

As I've said before, at least McCococococo was obvious with his trolling.[/quote']

Spot on here. I preferred Ian, he did troll a lot of the time but did speak truth and I also learnt a few things from when he posted.

I think Stu would hope these things happen rather then them happening.There are people posting on here who don't even like United and know they won't go the way stu is saying.

Leeds scenario was totally different. We took a gamble spending money we didn't have to get into Europe and when we slipped up and didn't finish there, that ultimately cost us.

United will never have that problem as they aren't spending other peoples money.

You have to admire there plucky optimism' date=' though they would be perhaps better off asking those fans to donate money towards a decent centre half. :P[/font']

I was wondering, whats up with Luke Shaw?

Seeing that the Utd defense has been completely poor, and that Rojo has been not good at LB, why not give Shaw a shot?

Wont solve all the problems, but might give United 1 good fullback for once, or Shaw isnt that good?

Smalling and Evans ruled out with the likes of jones injured already and Blackett suspended! Who will play CB? It will be even more shambles if someone like carrick/fletcher play at the back.

Could see Blind alongside Rojo with Rafael and Shaw as full backs. Alternatively Janko/Mccnair to be handed Premierleague debut lol. Is Van Gaal bold enough?