Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Even McNair is injured now' date=' when will it end?[/quote']

When do you start questioning training regimes?

Think you've looked better recently and are starting to gel up front. Will be interesting to see if your defence can get their act together soon though - 3 very tough fixtures in the next 5.

When do you start questioning training regimes?

Think you've looked better recently and are starting to gel up front. Will be interesting to see if your defence can get their act together soon though - 3 very tough fixtures in the next 5.

Depends which defence is going to be available. The likes of Rafael, Smalling and Jones have all been injury prone no matter which training regime they've been exposed to.

I think Shaw struggled with niggling injuries too when at Southampton.

Mata has been very disappointing. He's basically the Spanish Ozil (The Arsenal Ozil that is) except he scores a few more tap ins. Van Persie hasn't been much better either. Can't wait for Rooney and Herrera to be back.

I know it's a matter of time before Rafael gets injured again but how good is this chap? Unbelievable player. The media will never rate him for whatever reason but clearly a fan favourite and for good reason.

Mata was pretty good against Everton. He showed exactly why players like him and Silva are so highly rated in the modern game. In an era of physical importance' date=' the "petite magicians" excel even more. He is easily head and shoulders better than "captain" Rooney at the moment. Herrera still edges him.

As for Rafael, the opposite of Dì Maria is happening here. Two good performances and he's suddenly the best thing since Gutenberg. It will take at least a season's worth of strong [b']defensive[/b] performances for me to consider him to be a good RB.

Can't disagree with RvP though - seems to have lost his step in recent months. Funny how the commentators keep saying that the RvP of a year ago would have finished off most of those Dì Maria flicks and Falcao nod-on's. It's almost like a bad omen haha.

You don't need hindsight to know that dropping De Gea would have been stupidity of epic proportions.

Di Maria was great. He's always going to misplace passes because he tries outrageous stuff on the pitch. You take the good with the bad and the end result is a world class footballer playing for us.

Yet again' date=' easy to speak after he's (finally) put in a performance worthy of an applause. He wasn't good for quite a while before yesterday, and that for me would be a signal to either rest him (maybe due to some fatigue) or even bench him if Lindegaard goes on a roll (which he's definitely capable of). At times I really think that Lindegaard is criminally underrated.

And for Dì Maria, by all means can he try the outrageous, but he put his team in severe danger twice by being absolutely careless, not to mention his back-tracking not always being up to standard. If Coleman was playing instead of Hibbert, Everton could have easily exploited that enormous gap left on United's left side at times. He's got some sublime stuff in him, and I'm happy to see that, but he switches off at times, and considering United's frailty in the back, that is absolutely not wise. Besides, it's hardly like he humiliated Hibbert, which was what many expected him to do. Under-par for me, and the better the player, the stricter the end verdict.

Misplaced? His passing was sublime all game. We must have watched separate games. 87% passing from 47 passes including 19 crosses and 5 key passes. No one from either team managed more in either category

He was voted Man of the match for a reason and that particular pass you noticed misplaced does not mean he had a bad game lmao

Also note his touches. Many of them were at the half way line or somewhat in Everton's half, with little to none pressure being employed. He had a relatively easy game with McGeady having an off and Hibbert obviously afraid to put too much forward pressure. His overall crossing was good, but look at his corners? Most of them were way overshot leaving RvP (or whoever on that second post) scrambling to keep the ball in.

That one pass to the middle was criminal. He gave another short one to Rojo who, if he didn't react as quickly as he did, would have been forced into error. The same message applies to you as to HP: I love watching Dì Maria and I find him extremely good, but high expectations come with harsh critics, and you have to understand that.

Many United fans don't want to admit when their star player is under performing (by his standards), and so far, we still haven't seen last season's Dì Maria or the same guy who destroyed Germany a while ago. The same was the case when Ronaldo was a United player.

Anyway, some more articles published on Keane's (Roy) 'latest' outbursts towards you know who. I'm still pro Keane, as many would gladly destroy me for, but it's getting kind of tedious now. I just hope he doesn't become the next Cruyff.

Mata was pretty good against Everton. He showed exactly why players like him and Silva are so highly rated in the modern game. In an era of physical importance' date=' the "petite magicians" excel even more. He is easily head and shoulders better than "captain" Rooney at the moment. Herrera still edges him.[/quote']

He wasn't "pretty good". It was another average bog standard performance he's been putting out since we desperately spunked 37m on him. And let's get one thing straight here, Juan Mata is no David Silva. Not only is there a ridiculous gap in quality between the two of them they are actually completely different players despite playing in the same position. Silva is a playmaker whereas Mata is a glorified striker. Silva makes the City tick and helps them play better football. Mata is a Ozil style luxury player. Silva is strong where as Mata gets shrughed off the ball. Silva has excellent movement and drags defenses all over the place. Silva is also a better dribbler. It's actually embarassing how much better Silva is. To top it off he's a complete passanger when we don't have the ball. Chelsea mugged us for Mata. He's nearly as bad as Ozil is. The only good thing about the signing (and I said the same in January) was that it was indication that the club was finally intending to spend big rather that harp on about "Value for money".

Rooney is better. It's no coincidence that two world class managers have decided Mata wasn't worth their time. One named Rooney as his captain and put Mata on the bench, the other tried to sign Rooney and benched Mata. Herrera is better as well. If only we had spent 30m on Herrera last summer and not blown our load on afroman and Mata.

As for Rafael, the opposite of Dì Maria is happening here. Two good performances and he's suddenly the best thing since Gutenberg. It will take at least a season's worth of strong defensive performances for me to consider him to be a good RB.

Couldn't care less. A blind man should be able to see what a positive impact Rafael has on our performances. I shudder at the thought of him getting injured and Valencia stinking the place up. Unfortunately, it's probably a matter of time before that happens again.

Yet again, easy to speak after he's (finally) put in a performance worthy of an applause. He wasn't good for quite a while before yesterday, and that for me would be a signal to either rest him (maybe due to some fatigue) or even bench him if Lindegaard goes on a roll (which he's definitely capable of). At times I really think that Lindegaard is criminally underrated..

I'm sorry but you're talking nonsense. De Gea has not been poor (or even bad). What he hadn't done was pull out some sublime saves which he did on a number of occasions last season. You don't drop keepers because they don't pull off worldies. You drop them when they come up with a string of poor performances which De Gea hasn't done. It's got nothing to with how good Lindegaard is (and I agree he's a good 2nd choice to have). I can only think of one glaring error he's made this season and that was the WHU game. The thought of dropping him hadn't even crossed my mind until I read it on here.

And for Dì Maria, by all means can he try the outrageous, but he put his team in severe danger twice by being absolutely careless, not to mention his back-tracking not always being up to standard. If Coleman was playing instead of Hibbert, Everton could have easily exploited that enormous gap left on United's left side at times. He's got some sublime stuff in him, and I'm happy to see that, but he switches off at times, and considering United's frailty in the back, that is absolutely not wise. Besides, it's hardly like he humiliated Hibbert, which was what many expected him to do. Under-par for me, and the better the player, the stricter the end verdict.

None of that bothers me. As I said, you have to take the bad if you want the good. I love him. A stark contrast to watching the likes of Kagawa and Mata playing like cowards.

Can't see how any United fan wouldn't be 'pro Keane'.

Really? I used to love him and he's certainly the best box to box midfielder I've ever seen but he just annoys me now. A bitter man and a huge hypocrite.

with mcnair getting an injury' date=' and smalling/jones coming back, does it mean hes back to the youth team or will he get anymore chances?[/quote']

I doubt McNair will play for us again for a long time providing injuries won't hit again. Though Van Gaal is always keen to give youth a chance providing they do well and McNair has done so. Might see him in rotation again some time this season but he will have to prove himself in the academy for now

with mcnair getting an injury' date=' and smalling/jones coming back, does it mean hes back to the youth team or will he get anymore chances?[/quote']

Depends how well hes been playing in the academy. He has Smalling, Jones, Evans, Blackett, Rojo in front of him when fit so expect limited chances.

Depends how well hes been playing in the academy. He has Smalling' date=' Jones, Evans, Blackett, Rojo in front of him when fit so expect limited chances.[/quote']

Add to that list an imminent CB incomings in January.

We are signing a CB in January right Mr. van Gaal? Rightt? :o

Add to that list an imminent CB incomings in January.

We are signing a CB in January right Mr. van Gaal? Rightt? :o

Does anyone here know any REALISTIC targets for United in January at the moment?

I doubt any top defender will be moving this January. Vlaar is the only half decent name I can think of who might fancy a move to United.

Maybe they could throw in a cheeky bid for Vertonghen?

Does anyone here know any REALISTIC targets for United in January at the moment?

I doubt any top defender will be moving this January. Vlaar is the only half decent name I can think of who might fancy a move to United.

A couple of names that come to mind are Subotic and howedes, both have been playing in their current teams for a while now and i think they are ready for a change of scenario.

Also, i doubt tottenham would let vertonghen go in january, and honestly i dont know if the dutch would solve uniteds defensive problems.

Even Vlaar will be wary of a potential move to United. One mistake and he'll know that he'll become the permanent scapegoat, carrying the title of "decent CB".

With United's current obsession with Roma, I wonder whether they'll test Roma's resolve on Castan, who for me was as good as Benatia last season.

Another left-footed defender would be ridiculous.

Even Vlaar will be wary of a potential move to United. One mistake and he'll know that he'll become the permanent scapegoat' date=' carrying the title of "decent CB".

With United's current obsession with Roma, I wonder whether they'll test Roma's resolve on [b']Castan[/b], who for me was as good as Benatia last season.

Another left-footed defender would be ridiculous.

Castan is left footed CB?:confused:

Tony's bible of football, the Daily Fail, has Blackett due for a rise from £2,000 a week to £50,000 a week!

I can't for one minute believe that Van Gaal has actually seen ehough from Blackett to recommend that he be given £50,000 a week! That would be absolutely ridiculous and if true could suggest that defensive reinforcements wouldn't be top of the agenda for January.

Tony's bible of football' date=' the Daily Fail, has Blackett due for a rise from £2,000 a week to £50,000 a week!

I can't for one minute believe that Van Gaal has actually seen ehough from Blackett to recommend that he be given £50,000 a week! That would be absolutely ridiculous and if true could suggest that defensive reinforcements wouldn't be top of the agenda for January.[/quote']

Hopefully this is a load of tripe.

Now he's a first team CB he's probably due a rise but I'd say £5000 is generous :P

5K is harsh. A 15K-extention would be a more realistic contract.

The :P indicates joking. I am not sure though about rising it up so suddenly. What has he actually contributed to deserve the pay rise. Think of it in real life terms does simply turning up for work really warrant such a huge increase. I think young players are paid far too much far too early and they become entitled because of it.

If he performs for the whole season then we should be talking new contracts.