Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

The :P indicates joking. I am not sure though about rising it up so suddenly. What has he actually contributed to deserve the pay rise. Think of it in real life terms does simply turning up for work really warrant such a huge increase. I think young players are paid far too much far too early and they become entitled because of it.

If he performs for the whole season then we should be talking new contracts.

I actually completely missed that haha.

Even so, it works in two ways. If United give Blackett a season to prove himself and he actually does, he might just be holding out for 50k/w at the end of the day. And to prevent that (and probably keep him satisfied for as long), they're giving him an early rise. He might not deserve it as yet, but the rise is partly also testament to becoming a first-teamer.

Genuine question: have you ever not been linked to Sneijder? It feels like you've been 'chasing' him since he first started to form in the womb.

Seems to be the transfer story that can just be recycled every year considering it's got past the eye rolling stage :P

Genuine question: have you ever not been linked to Sneijder? It feels like you've been 'chasing' him since he first started to form in the womb.

Past 4 seasons at least we've been linked with him. But I'm sure it's gone waay back.

Just like every other season though we won't sign him only this time it's because he's not good enough for us!

Seems to be the transfer story that can just be recycled every year considering it's got past the eye rolling stage :P

Ever since Inter won the CL haha.

Though like Ben said, the ship has sailed.

The :P indicates joking. I am not sure though about rising it up so suddenly. What has he actually contributed to deserve the pay rise. Think of it in real life terms does simply turning up for work really warrant such a huge increase. I think young players are paid far too much far too early and they become entitled because of it.

If he performs for the whole season then we should be talking new contracts.

I completely agree with this. Especially the young players paid too much too soon part.

He has played a handful of games so far and hasn't exactly shown himself to be anything more than a youth team player trying to mix it with established Premier League players.

He hasn't done anything of note to warrant any sort of wage rise yet.

I completely agree with this. Especially the young players paid too much too soon part.

He has played a handful of games so far and hasn't exactly shown himself to be anything more than a youth team player trying to mix it with established Premier League players.

He hasn't done anything of note to warrant any sort of wage rise yet.

It's back to the old if you're good enough you old enough the same applies to wages. If you are good enough to justify £50,000 wages then fair enough no matter how old you are if your contribution is significant but Blackett has yet to show he is worth those kinds of wages. It doesn't help when the likes of Young are on £100,000 + though.

I really hope we wait to negotiate because I would have to see us wanting to get rid of Blackett in future only to be scuppered by teams not wanting to pay his high wages, we've had that problem too often IMO.

5K is harsh. A 15K-extention would be a more realistic contract.

£5k isn't harsh. £5k to play reserve football is perfectly fine. Once all the players are back and fit he doesn't feature as he's been pretty bad. £15k a week extension for being thrust into the first team and bottling it being realistic :D

£5k isn't harsh. £5k to play reserve football is perfectly fine. Once all the players are back and fit he doesn't feature as he's been pretty bad. £15k a week extension for being thrust into the first team and bottling it being realistic :D

Well he didn't do worse than the 40-60-80-100k/w-earners in the team, so I'd imagine 15k/w to be fair. And I honestly believe that he'll feature more and more, even if everyone's fit (and that's a huge if).

Guys, a lot of rumours going around that Madrid will make a bid for De Gea to replace the struggling Iker. If this is true what should we do? Tie him down with a new contract? If he wants to even sign one.

I think De Gea could well be in Madrids plans, and perhaps he would favour a return back to his homeland. I have no doubt he will be Spain's number one in the coming weeks/months, so That could persuade him even more to leave rainy Manchester for a sunny Spain?

Guys' date=' a lot of rumours going around that Madrid will make a bid for De Gea to replace the struggling Iker. If this is true what should we do? Tie him down with a new contract? If he wants to even sign one.

I think De Gea could well be in Madrids plans, and perhaps he would favour a return back to his homeland. I have no doubt he will be Spain's number one in the coming weeks/months, so That could persuade him even more to leave rainy Manchester for a sunny Spain?[/i']

Well I probably could give him a call and beg him to stay? I can also guarentee you that England have better donuts.

Juve are rumoured to be asking for Mata in a swap deal for Vidal' date=' thoughts?

Oh and I'm not asking you Tony, sorry.[/quote']

Excellent deal for Utd i think, Mata hasn't exactly set the league alight and with all the attacking options they have i think they can afford to let him go. Vidal is needed more than Mata.

Guys' date=' a lot of rumours going around that Madrid will make a bid for De Gea to replace the struggling Iker. If this is true what should we do? Tie him down with a new contract? If he wants to even sign one.

I think De Gea could well be in Madrids plans, and perhaps he would favour a return back to his homeland. I have no doubt he will be Spain's number one in the coming weeks/months, so That could persuade him even more to leave rainy Manchester for a sunny Spain?[/i']

they where linked with him before his united move and if memory serves me well iam sure someone close to Madrid said they would buy him one day as Ikers replacement

they where linked with him before his united move and if memory serves me well iam sure someone close to Madrid said they would buy him one day as Ikers replacement

That ship has sailed though' date=' hasn't it? De Gea seems happy in England from what I've heard, and a new contract isn't going to do harm either. And given that his history lies with their rivals, I don't see him ever moving to the Über Scum.

Juve are rumoured to be asking for Mata in a swap deal for Vidal, thoughts?

Oh and I'm not asking you Tony, sorry.

It's a good deal for both clubs really.

Juve selling off Vidal would mean being able to tie down Pogba to a bigger contract, as he'd be the focal point of their midfield. At the same time, a player like Mata (humble, yet brilliant on his day) will offer something Juve haven't had since Nedved (minus the shooting) - a guy who can create without having to force his way through anyone and everyone.

United will be doing the noble thing letting Mata go, as he'll probably win more with them then he will in his (remaining) days in England.

I do have to say that bringing Vidal in is kind of worrying me. His knee has "Hargreaves" written all over it, and for the price, Hargreaves might just be forgotten if Vidal doesn't have it his way. Even so, he still is a phenomenal player and when fit would add quite a bit to the team.

That ship has sailed though' date=' hasn't it? De Gea seems happy in England from what I've heard, and a new contract isn't going to do harm either. And given that his history lies with their rivals, I don't see him ever moving to the Über Scum.[/quote']

That ship has far from sailed IMO rumours that he is stalling on the new deal and a contract doesn't mean anything in football anymore there are quite a few clubs in recent years who have signed a player down to a new deal as a way to get a better fee for them.....and well iam sure us football fans have heard the oh iam happy at this club etc players very rarely openly come out and say there unhappy where there playing all the time and due to leave the club saying they are happy keeps the fans of the back while behind the scenes negotiations are taking place.

His history is with Athletico but its a common thing in football these days for players to cross over to rival teams.

That ship has far from sailed IMO rumours that he is stalling on the new deal and a contract doesn't mean anything in football anymore there are quite a few clubs in recent years who have signed a player down to a new deal as a way to get a better fee for them.....and well iam sure us football fans have heard the oh iam happy at this club etc players very rarely openly come out and say there unhappy where there playing all the time and due to leave the club saying they are happy keeps the fans of the back while behind the scenes negotiations are taking place.

His history is with Athletico but its a common thing in football these days for players to cross over to rival teams.

Rumours that he is "stalling" will be present until the day the pen actually makes contact with the paper. And even so, I believe he'll be a 100k/w earner, which is very respectable of a 23-year old goalkeeper. That would also see his clause go around the 40M-mark, making him safe from being "snatched" on the cheap.

And bearing all that in mind, plus the fact that he's apparently well settled and Atlético, I don't think RM will cough up that much.

Juve are rumoured to be asking for Mata in a swap deal for Vidal' date=' thoughts?

Oh and I'm not asking you Tony, sorry.[/quote']

If it were a straight swap then I wouldn't be opposed to it. But really United had their chance to sign Vidal.

I'd be surprised if we went in for him again.

That ship has sailed though' date=' hasn't it? De Gea seems happy in England from what I've heard, and a new contract isn't going to do harm either. And given that his history lies with their rivals, I don't see him ever moving to the Über Scum.

It's a good deal for both clubs really.

Juve selling off Vidal would mean being able to tie down Pogba to a bigger contract, as he'd be the focal point of their midfield. At the same time, a player like Mata (humble, yet brilliant on his day) will offer something Juve haven't had since Nedved (minus the shooting) - a guy who can create without having to force his way through anyone and everyone.

United will be doing the noble thing letting Mata go, as he'll probably win more with them then he will in his (remaining) days in England.

I do have to say that bringing Vidal in is kind of worrying me. His knee has "Hargreaves" written all over it, and for the price, Hargreaves might just be forgotten if Vidal doesn't have it his way. Even so, he still is a phenomenal player and when fit would add quite a bit to the team.[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised if De Gea move to Madrid next summer. He's done pretty much everything he can at United and would have a greater chance of CL football *winning it* there.

While I would hate to see him go seeing as we've helped him develop into the Spanish no1. it would not be the first time Real Madrid have bought a finished/ near finished product off us.

I do like Vidal but I just feel like he wasn't bought for a reason in the Summer. So why we would move for him later on I don't know.

Unless the fee is lower or his wages are I can't see it happening but I can see why Juve would want Mata as they don't have anyone like him. He might suit a slower, more tactical game.

Agree' date=' even if he were to sign a contract if Real came calling it would just be a case of increasing the price.

Rumours that he is "stalling" will be present until the day the pen actually makes contact with the paper. And even so, I believe he'll be a 100k/w earner, which is very respectable of a 23-year old goalkeeper. That would also see his clause go around the 40M-mark, making him safe from being "snatched" on the cheap.

And bearing all that in mind, plus the fact that he's apparently well settled and Atlético, I don't think RM will cough up that much.

It's Real Madrid though. They always cough up. The only player in recent history they got on the cheap IMO was Ozil.

With Iker being booed (unimaginable 4/5 years ago) they need a new GK and who better than the new Spanish no1.

I honestly don't think Real will buy any GK in the near future. Mainly because they signed Navas, this Summer. I reckon he was brought in to eventually replace Casillas, who ain't getting any younger.

So I don't believe Real will get a new GK, at least before they give Navas a fair chance.

I honestly don't think Real will buy any GK in the near future. Mainly because they signed Navas' date=' this Summer. I reckon he was brought in to eventually replace Casillas, who ain't getting any younger.

So I don't believe Real will get a new GK, at least before they give Navas a fair chance.[/quote']

True but you never know with Real. They have Navas but would still spend the money on De Gea if they new it would work. They are always up for spending silly money and probably even on players they don't need. E.g James.