Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

I've always thought Shawcross is underrated in all honesty. He's been a great player since his early twenties. Plus, he's constantly overlooked by England, dare I say because he doesn't play for one of the bigger clubs.

If he signed for you and only gave 50%, I guarantee he'd be called up.

if united buy shawcross and vlaar in january top 4 is guarantee at 50% chance :D

those two are more realistic than hummels

Guaranteed at 50%. That's an expression I've never heard before :P

I've rated Shawcross since he was in our youth system. It was unfortunate he was let go but ultimately couldn't break through and had to move on. Would hapilly have him back. Vlaar however i'm not so sure about. The solid world cup performances seemed to make people forget he's actually never been that great really and has suddenly found a good bit of form.

Was speaking to a mate of mine and discussing where you will finish,after this weekend the fixtures are tough.Chelsea at home,City away,palace at home then Arsenal away a week later.

9-12 points- game on

6-9 still game on

3-6 work in progress(still)

0 get Guardiola in.

Hard games coming up,after recent games these will give a better indication of where you are at the moment.

Im going for the 6-9 category lol.

if united buy shawcross and vlaar in january top 4 is guarantee at 50% chance :D

those two are more realistic than hummels

'Top 4 is guarantee at 50% chance' haha yeah guaranteed to work .... or maybe not..50/50...If the unrealistic Hummels comes in would that up the percentage of the guarantee?

The next four fixtures (after monday) are deciders.

Somehow I feel that Chelsea at home won't be the biggest task. Mourinho has a record of coming to OT and getting results by playing extremely conservative, which (seemingly) without his battering ram up front, might just be the way he'll line up next week. I can envisage a low scoring game for this fixture, with possibly a point going either way.

City will by far be the toughest. They're a team holding quite a few frustrations back at the moment, and I got this bad feeling that they'll start of their terror against United. From my knowledge, they don't have too many injury issues either, making Manuel's team choice easy. I can't see anything but a City win.

Crystal Palace at home will be a grinder. They're a team with a lot of structure, and like the Burnley game, United might need some magic to get past CP's rigid structure (unlike the Burnley game). Bolasie is the real danger man for them, and without a full-fit defence, might be a handful to take on. United technically should get the three points, although CP might just escape with a draw.

Arsenal at the Emirates will be the neutral's favourite and according to me also the most open game. Both teams are in similar situations (this season), up's and down's all over, meaning that this will be the perfect stage to perform. Both teams have leaky defences, so all I can hope for is an "all-out attack" type of game, in which I'd probably back United to win with their superior attack.

Also, Dani Alves apparently ready to move in next summer.

Lads we pumped for the WBA match? I'm predicting nothing but a win to keep us in top 4. We are playing well and are scoring goals.

Haven't seen to much of WBA this season but seeing as though they are sitting 16th they musnt be all that glamourise. I'm feeling a goal fest coming on, not sure why just a feeling. ��

Lads we pumped for the WBA match? I'm predicting nothing but a win to keep us in top 4. We are playing well and are scoring goals.

Haven't seen to much of WBA this season but seeing as though they are sitting 16th they musnt be all that glamourise. I'm feeling a goal fest coming on' date=' not sure why just a feeling. ��[/i']

It will be tougher than you think. West Brom have picked themselves up after their slow start and won't be looking to be rolled over tonight, especially at home.

Good thing for United is the return of many from injury.

This is a must win game really. We're going to get hammered by City and I don't hold out much hope against Chelsea either. Win this one and the one against Palace and we'll be alright going into the game against Arsenal. If not we're in trouble...

I'm feeling a lot more optimistic than I did a month back tbh. Chelsea and City will finish 1 and 2 but 3rd and 4th is up for grabs. It's basically a question of who's less rubbish amongst us, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. Everyone is defensively suspect but we're the best going forward from that lot and we'll only improve on that front.

This is a must win game really. We're going to get hammered by City and I don't hold out much hope against Chelsea either. Win this one and the one against Palace and we'll be alright going into the game against Arsenal. If not we're in trouble...

I'm feeling a lot more optimistic than I did a month back tbh. Chelsea and City will finish 1 and 2 but 3rd and 4th is up for grabs. It's basically a question of who's less rubbish amongst us' date=' Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. Everyone is defensively suspect but we're the best going forward from that lot and we'll only improve on that front.[/quote']

Going by this weekend's performances, United are also the best in the back.

Going by this weekend's performances' date=' United are also the best in the back.[/quote']

Probably. It takes a whole new level of incompetence to make Zamora and Austin look like Messi and Ronaldo. I'm not sure what Brendan was smoking when he signed Lovren for 20m (Or Sakho for 17m for that matter).

Unfortunately, neither us or Arsenal can keep any of our defensive players fit for any length of time so we aren't much better.

This is a must win game really. We're going to get hammered by City and I don't hold out much hope against Chelsea either

How dare you talk like that in here. Hammered by City? No chance. We have as much quality players as they do. Di Maria Herrerer' date=' Rooney, Blind RVP, Falcao, Rojo, Shaw, and Rafael match all the City's players qualities.

We have every chance of winning the match. With Chelsea anything can go also. To come in here and use that word 'hammered' is out of order. We are a strong well organised and well presented team who are growing stronger each match. [/color']

How dare you talk like that in here. Hammered by City? No chance. We have as much quality players as they do. Di Maria Herrerer' date=' Rooney, Blind RVP, Falcao, Rojo, Shaw, and Rafael match all the City's players qualities.

We have every chance of winning the match. With Chelsea anything can go also. To come in here and use that word 'hammered' is out of order. We are a strong well organised and well presented team who are growing stronger each match. [/color']

Who he Di Maria Herrerer?

Blind RVP? Harsh, he aint been great but blind is a bit of an over exaggeration.

The thing with Tony is that he looks at the quality we have in the team and fails to see any possible factors to influence the game beyond that. Like say W.B.A is at home on MNF looking to prove a point to the nation. Or that Berahino is hot at the moment and is looking to prove a point to Hodgson. Them evening games away are never easy, they're almost like European nights, you only have to look back as far as our trip to MK when so many ate their words of we'll beat them by 3+ and all that.

There is no easy game in the Premierleague anymore and saying I expect nothing but a win is just setting yourself up for another egg on the face potentially. And whilst I don't see City hammering us either I wouldn't question Hercules statement too much as it certainly isn't out of the question. I try my best to give Tony a chance but it really seems to be another week another ridiculous statement..

For what it's worth I'll go with a cautious 2-1 to United

Calm down princess.

We have a good team, I'm not denying that. However as Van Gaal himself has repeated numerous times we lack balance, badly. Time and again this season we've shown that if you put us under pressure we can crumble. If we go into the game with the same formation and team that we've been playing for the last few games we're asking for trouble.

Calm down princess.

We have a good team' date=' I'm not denying that. However as Van Gaal himself has repeated numerous times we lack balance, badly. Time and again this season we've shown that if you put us under pressure we can crumble. If we go into the game with the same formation and team that we've been playing for the last few games we're asking for trouble.[/quote']

Well said in this post. Sorry for the outburst I get very territorial when someone says we are going to get hammered. We have every chance of winning those games and we most likey will. Need to stay positive for the team and as a supporter.

United we stand.?

Well said in this post. Sorry for the outburst I get very territorial when someone says we are going to get hammered. We have every chance of winning those games and we most likey will. Need to stay positive for the team and as a supporter.

United we stand.?

How are you most likely to win the City and Chelsea games?

United we stand.?

Ive more chance of catching a Magikarp in the river Thames than United coming away with 6 points from the Chelsea and City games.

I actually put £2 on WBA to win tonight but TBH the way the game is unfolding I can't fail to see United getting back into this.

The Baggies are sitting far to deep and allowing players like Di Maria to much time on the ball, they will punish you eventually...

Very good news for United to see Carrick back on the bench, think he will offer United much better balance when he is up to full speed.

I actually put £2 on WBA to win tonight but TBH the way the game is unfolding I can't fail to see United getting back into this.

The Baggies are sitting far to deep and allowing players like Di Maria to much time on the ball' date=' they will punish you eventually...

Very good news for United to see Carrick back on the bench, think he will offer United much better balance when he is up to full speed.[/quote']

West Brom have looked dangerous on the counter though. Should have tried to maintain some of their early tempo admittedly.