Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

United's MOTM was Shaw - absolutely brilliant and already looking to be a long-term bargain. He and Januzaj were electrifying in the first half. Felipe Luis has to be Chelsea's MOTM - did exactly the same on their left side.

Fellaini was fantastic too, close second. I hope that he and Blind are able to use this as a foundation and build up to solidify that leaky midfield. I wonder at times whether Moyes even did header training, as he suddenly seems capable of winning every header again.

Rojo and Dì Maria were awful - not a good word to say about either.

Van Persie seems to be really good when playing as a target man. With Rooney returning next week, I wonder whether LvG will try the same, with Rooney replacing Mata in that #10 spot.

I do question Wilson's introduction. He doesn't seem ready for this level yet.

Happy with the result at the end. Think we played well. Not the score line many predicted so I'm happy with that. Many were predicting a thrashing. :o

We are well and truly still alive' date=' Glory Glory man United.[/i']

How times have changed.

RVP's celebration, and now a Glory Glory man United due to a draw at home during the clubs worst start in 24 years. Deary deary me.

How times have changed.

RVP's celebration' date=' and now a Glory Glory man United due to a draw at home during the clubs worst start in 24 years. Deary deary me.[/quote']

I'm sorry but what's wrong with celebrating in that manner? Should he have been like Balotelli and walk around looking like a constipated construction worker?

Chelsea are the best team in the league, United have a squad filled with donkeys, it was the 93rd minute, the goal was scored by a guy who desperately needed a goal, everyone thought United would be thrashed 4-0 and the goal came out of literally nowhere. The club is in a DIRE state, so what's wrong with celebrating the fact that they gained a point against the best team in the league?

All those factors put together are what lead to his celebration. Laugh at it all you want, but I'm pretty sure if you were in his shoes you'd tear up the whole stadium!

How times have changed.

RVP's celebration' date=' and now a Glory Glory man United due to a draw at home during the clubs worst start in 24 years. Deary deary me.[/quote']

You seem to find small things in life and turn them around into some sort of dramatic drama series so to speak.

I don't mind or care if it's the worst season they are going to have from now and here on in every season mate. I remain optimistic and happy my team is turning into a new era, and new revolution. If it takes a few poor starts or a few poor season the I'll have to deal with it.

"Win lose or draw we will always follow you, for ever Red and White you can bet your life on that". ��

Teamsheet is getting crowded. Tough decisions for LvG Sunday.

It does mean he has a lot to work with.

I think it's an inevitability to see Rooney back in that starting XI, probably at the cost of Mata. I don't think Falcao will start after RvP's good target-man performance against Chelsea, and Unless Dì Maria is injured, he'll be starting too (no matter how awful he was last week).

I would really play Valencia (if fit) against City, as he's (physically) the strongest winger United have at the moment, and with a high-tempo team like City on the go, there might not be room for lightweights, despite Januzaj's good performance against Chelsea.

The back-line shouldn't be changed unless Jones is fit again, in which case Rafael needs to be benched and either Jones or Smalling should be given the task to man-mark Agüero. Rojo could probably be a contender for that (vital) job too, although I'm getting increasingly worried about his urge to go forward at times.

The midfield is actually the most interesting choice at the moment, and whilst I probably wouldn't have said something like this a couple of months ago, Fellaini might be the key to getting anything at the Etihad. If there is one person who can completely shut out a player, it has to be him (like he did with Fabregas and Matic last weekend). Blind has been so vital to United's midfield since coming over, I can't stress the complementing game both players have.

Valencia at RB' date=' bugger!

De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Fellaini, Januzaj, Di Maria, Rooney, RvP.[/quote']

With Milner at LM it's not too much of a concern.

I'm more worried about Navas' pace being used on the counter, Shaw likes to get forward and I can see City exploiting that.

Aguero and Jovetic upfront could easily give our Smalling Rojo combo some headaches too.

Hopefully Fellaini and Blind can keep the quiet and battle well with Toure.

Looking forward to the game but expecting a loss. While our performances have got better I feel we might be lacking that extra push today.

Especially with Rooney coming back from suspension, he needs games to keep him fit, I reckon he'll be slightly off the pace today.

It never ceases to amaze me how naive tactically Pellegrini is at times, to late to retract my statement but he needs to address the CM area where you are outnumbering them and causing a problem.

Made a decent start TBF not threatening but an element of control certainly in midfield where the numbers game is showing.