Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

MOTM? De Gea' date=' comfortably. He's had the single biggest impact on this game (losing count of the number of times that's happened already this season)

Reaffirming himself as the best in the league, behind only Neuer in the world atm.

It's very worrying that a goal-keeper is so important though and proving to be the best player at the club; keeping Utd in game after game. It's uncomfortable that's he saving as many points as he is.

Quick comment on the criticism of Mata; in many ways he's a classic play-maker going quiet for long spells but he does come alive at vital times, contributing to many goals and assists. He's not a CM like Herrera and Carrick, he doesn't have the physical attributes to impose himself in such areas so such comparisons are unfair. Whether Utd can afford an AM or whether he suits the system are different debates. In many ways he's done exactly what I expected he would at Utd and had been doing before he joined (including why Mourinho sold him)[/quote']

Totally agree with the Dea Gea as MOTM. Nobody comes close today, had it not been for him especially on the 1 on 1 situations this game could well have turned into a goal fest and not in United favour.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Well done on yet another great win for the lads. No doubt now we have hit, or are hitting our peak and can only go on and up from here.

Another great performance from the number one goal keeper one in the world. There was a reason Sir Alex new to bring this lad in and that he had to do it when he did. A true master piece from Alex to do what he did and bring in our saviour.

The title is well in our grasp now, well in reach so to speak. I can see City slipping up through the season no doubt. I think if we can get within 3 points of Chelsea we will be smelling blood for sure.

I won't bother posting in the Liverpool thread because I know they will throw the word "troll" or "trolling" around as some sort of defence mechanism.

Glory Glory Man United. ?

I admire your optimism but the title is beyond our reach for now. We'll have to go on a unbelievable run of form from now on to even get close and our performances aren't very convincing to say the least. Still plenty of work to be done and right now I'll bite your hand off for 3rd place.

Ander Herrera has been specifically named in the match fixing probe in Spain by the prosecuter, he could face a 6 year ban from football if found guilty.

Would be interesting to see how United react to this especially with the prosecuters stating they have financial records of him receiving funds to give to Levante players.

Another great performance from the number one goal keeper one in the world. There was a reason Sir Alex new to bring this lad in and that he had to do it when he did. A true master piece from Alex to do what he did and bring in our saviour.

As always Gary Neville gave a great review just now on Monday Night Football about De Geas development. Definately worth a watch (Likely to be on Youtube later tonight). Massive improvement and definately top 3 in the world. Would still have Neuer at the top, bu De Gea and Courtois are very close in second/third.

Need to tie him down to a long contract asap to keep Real Madrid away

Manchester United are looking at Belgian brothers Indy and Seppe Boonen.

Left-back Indy is just 15 and is training with United’s youth sides having had trials with the club.

His younger brother Seppe, 13, is a goalkeeper and both brothers are hoping to sign professional contracts with United when they turn 16.

LVG picks up Dutch coach of the year, fully deserved IMO. Won't be long till the Messiah gets European coach of the year.

He is doing a great job with United, and in a season or two when we are back on top and winning trophies I have no doubt he will get manager of the year awards at a higher level. ?

LVG picks up Dutch coach of the year' date=' fully deserved IMO. Won't be long till the Messiah gets European coach of the year.

He is doing a great job with United, and in a season or two when we are back on top and winning trophies I have no doubt he will get manager of the year awards at a higher level. ?[/i']

Difficult to get "European Coach of the Year" if you aren't in Europe, right?