Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Pretty poor first half of football, from both teams really but more so from Utd due to the quality they have.

Falcao hasn't done a lot and it seems to be flogging a dead horse playing him, I would prefer Wilson to be on the pitch instead.

deliberate elbow from RVP' date='I wonder will SKY report it every ten minutes as a "crime" :D:D[/quote']

Give it up now, it's getting tiresome and boring.

Pretty poor first half of football' date=' from both teams really but more so from Utd due to the quality they have.

Falcao hasn't done a lot and it seems to be flogging a dead horse playing him, I would prefer Wilson to be on the pitch instead.

Give it up now, it's getting tiresome and boring.[/quote']

A relax will ya! In fairness RVP should have being sent off...:rolleyes:

That is what I had been expecting, absolutely hopeless performance.

@Ben

RvP or Falcao either can be subbed for Herrera so that wont harm Rooney's involvement in the squad and he deserves to be there not that he's the captain of the side. Herrera adds creativity, tackles and tempo to United's game, I just cant figure out a reason why he hasn't been part of the XI whereas RvP and Falcao have both been below par. Wilson deserves a start as well.

That is what I had been expecting' date=' absolutely hopeless performance.

@Ben

RvP or Falcao either can be subbed for Herrera so that wont harm Rooney's involvement in the squad and he deserves to be there not that he's the captain of the side. Herrera adds creativity, tackles and tempo to United's game, I just cant figure out a reason why he hasn't been part of the XI whereas RvP and Falcao have both been below par. Wilson deserves a start as well.[/quote']

Is Mata injured?

Is Mata injured?

No, Mata is on the bench, but this isn't a game for him; he simply wouldn't be able to cope with the pace and strength of the West Ham midfielders and will as a result be another sideways passer in a game where United need forward passers (e.g. Herrera).

Is Mata injured?
No' date=' Mata is on the bench, but this isn't a game for him; he simply wouldn't be able to cope with the pace and strength of the West Ham midfielders and will as a result be another sideways passer in a game where United need forward passers (e.g. Herrera).[/quote']

^................

Terrible defending. Great skill to bring it down like that but he should never have been allowed to do it.

Agreed. They were lovely touches by Kouyate but it was horrible defending from start to finish, especially Phil Jones!

At least it seems to have lived the game up some what though.

That is what I had been expecting' date=' absolutely hopeless performance.

@Ben

RvP or Falcao either can be subbed for Herrera so that wont harm Rooney's involvement in the squad and he deserves to be there not that he's the captain of the side. Herrera adds creativity, tackles and tempo to United's game, I just cant figure out a reason why he hasn't been part of the XI whereas RvP and Falcao have both been below par. Wilson deserves a start as well.[/quote']

Never said I agreed with LVG that was just his explanation.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/07/louis-van-gaal-wayne-rooney-future-midfield-manchester-united

I think Falcao absolutely needs to be dropped and I'd put Rooney in and Herrera at CM.

Never said I agreed with LVG that was just his explanation.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/07/louis-van-gaal-wayne-rooney-future-midfield-manchester-united

I think Falcao absolutely needs to be dropped and I'd put Rooney in and Herrera at CM.

I've already read it pal and like you I also evidently don't agree with him and the performance supports our argument and yes I agree. RvP should be off for Wilson as well.

Deserved point; West Ham were nowhere near as good as they were in the first half. That said, United were far from spectacular as well. Valencia MOTM, De Gea close second.

Falcao and RvP played much better in the second half, which was good to see. Both should have at least had one goal each after some good combination football. However, this Falcao isn't worth much anymore, 15M tops.

Fellaini coming on for Januzaj was a weird one for me, considering how Dì Maria had little to no impact on the game after the 50th minute.

Rooney and Blind were sub-par, although the latter did kind of redeem himself with his excellent strike. Rooney in a midfield role doesn't work at all - too many careless passes, not enough defensive awareness and he just doesn't look comfortable sitting so deep on a constant basis.

Jones is another one who is ready to be shipped off - absolute calamity.

Falcao should never play in another match for United after this. How can a guy earning over 300,000 a week be so ineffective?

Also Van Gaal has ONCE AGAIN showed that he has absolutely no idea what he's doing. He looks more clueless than Mancini did at City!

Falcao should never play in another match for United after this. How can a guy earning over 300' date='000 a week be so ineffective?

Also Van Gaal has ONCE AGAIN showed that he has absolutely no idea what he's doing. He looks more clueless than Mancini did at City![/quote']

You could say the same about Rooney's performances in 2015.

Has anyone seen Radamel Falcao? Perhaps he'll fall out of James Tomkins' back pocket when the big centre-half washes his shorts.

I liked that from the BBC pundit but all in all West Ham have built on their home performances all season and a point is not bad for any team going there so although the performance was not the greatest it is another point in the bag from a tough away day and it is these kind of points that earn CL football.

I think it's official.

United might struggle to get top 4 this season.

My rough predictions for how many points we might get.

Burnley H

Swansea A

Sunderland H

Newcastle A

Tottenham H

Liverpool A

Villa H

Man City H

Chelsea A

Everton A

West Brom H

Palace A

Arsenal H

Hull A

30 Points (74 total) in terms of last year that would put us 5th.

I really do think any more slip ups will cost us a Champions League spot.