Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Missed the half.

Can someone brief me?

United are undeservedly ahead 2-1.

Phil Jones has injured himself, again and Daley Blind has come off injured for Herrera (which has been cheered by everyone at the stadium).

Smalling has got two goals.

The only player who looks remotely interested in making something happen tonight for United is Januzaj who is trying to get at the Burnley defence, shame RVP and Falcao aren't trying that too.

Essentially if you are wanting to see some good football being played by United close your eyes until you hear 'Januzaj on the ball'.

He is the product of poor management from Van Gaal. No confidence what so ever. He's a class footballer and it says something about Van Gaal that he has failed to get anything out of him.

Pal with no offence at all, Here are those people who have seen United every week and you I am sure haven't because LVG has managed him very well. Allowed him the time to settle him but he is just disgusting.

He is the product of poor management from Van Gaal. No confidence what so ever. He's a class footballer and it says something about Van Gaal that he has failed to get anything out of him.

Van Gaal might be an idiot but that has nothing to do with Falcao. He can neither run or finish. His second touch is trying to retrieve the ball after a terrible first touch (something that was the case in Spain as well). Remove his penalties and his stats aren't even all that special.

Horribly overrated player.

Absolute rubbish this Lemon sorry but this is completely unfounded.

Is Falcao's first touch, poor finishing, lack of intent, lack of pace, lack of strength, and lack of positioning all LVG's fault too?

He has no confidence? He's at United constantly being picked despite poor performances, LVG is putting so much faith in him and Falcao can't even be bothered to chase the ball down or make forward runs?

The problem isn't LVG it's Falcao has lost any sense of hunger and desire since that knee injury.

Absolute rubbish this Lemon sorry but this is completely unfounded.

Is Falcao's first touch' date=' poor finishing, lack of intent, lack of pace, lack of strength, and lack of positioning all LVG's fault too?

He has no confidence? He's at United constantly being picked despite poor performances, LVG is putting so much faith in him and Falcao can't even be bothered to chase the ball down or make forward runs?

The problem isn't LVG it's Falcao has lost any sense of hunger and desire since that knee injury.[/quote']

Different players react to different motivations. Some players not so well under pressure. When you're in poor form and Van Gaal tells you you're playing for your future, there's every chance you're going to crumble. At the start of the season a lot of the people on the Liverpool thread were hammering Markovic. "No heart, desire, bad touch, poor finishing." I see the exact same thing in Falcao.

Aye, I blame the lack of long ball towards him.

Different players react to different motivations. Some players not so well under pressure. When you're in poor form and Van Gaal tells you you're playing for your future' date=' there's every chance you're going to crumble. At the start of the season a lot of the people on the Liverpool thread were hammering Markovic. "No heart, desire, bad touch, poor finishing." I see the exact same thing in Falcao.[/quote']

It's not down to poor management the guy has been given start after start chance after chance and he is just throwing it away the theory's about his age could possibly be right he has deteriorated massively....

Different players react to different motivations. Some players not so well under pressure. When you're in poor form and Van Gaal tells you you're playing for your future' date=' there's every chance you're going to crumble. At the start of the season a lot of the people on the Liverpool thread were hammering Markovic. "No heart, desire, bad touch, poor finishing." I see the exact same thing in Falcao.[/quote']

Just look at him, look at him play it's awful. Absolute rubbish to suggest it's LVG's fault.

What do you expect LVG to do, tell him 'don't worry Radamel, you're playing like a useless ... but we really want to waste money so we're signing you for £43m and you'll play every week for £250k?'

This is absolutely categorically nothing to do with LVG Falcao would feel worse if he were not starting games honestly it's laughable to suggest it's his fault.

Markovic hasn't had a cruciate ligament injury (infamous for destroying many a career) Falcao simply is not the player he once was, he isn't playing well and it's not LVG's fault. Falcao has so many reasons to motivate himself to play better but he's being lazy.

If Falcao consistently performed at the height of perfection for the remainder of the season' date=' could you see a permanent contract coming his path?[/quote']

Depends how perfect, like he'd pretty much need to score in every game he plays in from now on and show desire and hunger to score to come close to convincing me I'd much rather Wilson be given time.

Right now I am completely unconvinced by him, if he goes on a goalscoring run I still don't think I'd want him. He's had too many shocking lacklustre performances for my liking, he's never offered anything great to us since arriving and while I maintain it was worth bringing him in on loan in case he did come good it's impossible to say now with hindsight that this has been a good move.

If Falcao consistently performed at the height of perfection for the remainder of the season' date=' could you see a permanent contract coming his path?[/quote']

I'd hope not, the money would be best spent on someone younger with pace, power and hunger.

Tonight's second half has proved my point.

Di Maria needs to play on the wings to be effective.

I think Januzaj has earned a first team regular spot.

Stick him wide

he'll make runs,

watch defenders

on their bums.

I like Di Maria. Yes' date=' we overpaid for him and he can be a bit inconsistent but he'll never stop trying to create something. We need players like that.[/quote']

We need him in space to start trying to create, we need him on the wings because he runs at players and makes so much more happen from space then he does centrally where he is turning into traffic.

THAT SCOOPY TURN MEG!

I do think Falcao's appalling form is kind of relieving, you don't want people saying Falcao carries United, especially as a player on loan, that to me is very mockable