Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

When something absurd is said by this Tony lad' date=' everyone slates him and other idiots survive while they keep talking non-sense and this is considered funny. Double Standards.[/quote']

Please name those "other idiots". I'm so eager to know.

Well said here' date=' let's wait for a reply, if you get one. I can't wait to see what the reply will be. What ever it is please quote it so I can see the drool that comes out....:rolleyes:[/color']

Your an idiot (Quote so he sees it please)

What would you have said if someone had suggested that we'd have signed di Maria, Shaw, Blind, Rojo, Herrera and Falcao last summer?

Laughed, say it was a waste of money, would say why has United been dumb and not sign a cb or better players than Shaw, Herrera etc.

You may well get all three but Hummels id imagine to go to a real/barca (After ban) type of club, but who knows. Even then you still need to improve alot in other areas

Laughed' date=' say it was a waste of money, would say why has United been dumb and [b']not sign a cb [/b]or better players than Shaw, Herrera etc.

You may well get all three but Hummels id imagine to go to a real/barca (After ban) type of club, but who knows. Even then you still need to improve alot in other areas

Rojo is a CB, Herrara is a great little player and Shaw can become a great LB.

So we "may well get all three", but you questioned it at the time.

Pointless discussion

Rojo is a CB' date=' Herrara is a great little player and Shaw can become a great LB.

So we "may well get all three", but you questioned it at the time.

Pointless discussion[/quote']

Rojo is mainly a lb (And as I said someone better should be signed).

All I said was has someone hacked your account (As a joke...) I dont get how that makes me say you wont get them all.

Indeed pointless. It was a joke... man the forum is bad these days

All I said was has someone hacked your account (As a joke...) I dont get how that makes me say you wont get them all.

It is, if that is considered humorous.

Standard Tony jokes........sheep.

Laughed' date=' say it was a waste of money, would say why has United been dumb and not sign a cb or better players than Shaw, Herrera etc.

You may well get all three but Hummels id imagine to go to a real/barca (After ban) type of club, but who knows. Even then you still need to improve alot in other areas[/quote']

It would perhaps be prudent before accusing someone of being an idiot to check your own grammar.

You're an idiot.

It wasn't a waste of money and Rojo, as previously stated is a CB and has done very well at United since arriving. Equally I would argue that Herrera is a quality addition (someone I've been a fan of since he shone in the U21 Euros) and Shaw was coveted by many big clubs and is very young, he has time to justify any price tag.

Rojo is mainly a lb (And as I said someone better should be signed).

Rojo is a fully fledged CB, he may have played at LB elsewhere but the majority of his United appearances have been at the heart of defence so your statement is incorrect.

Also I would love to hear who you believe should have been signed last summer, there were no better CB's available for United to buy and it looks as though Hummels, a superior CB in theory, is most likely going to end up at Old Trafford if he decides to move.

As far as I'm aware jokes are meant to be funny...

What a idiot this guy is saying Rojo isn't a CB. All of Uniteds signings last summer were good ones. No one would of predicted or belived we would of signed half those players.

MoaM. You need to stop following the crowed and think for yourself. You really are a sheep, you just follow the other guys around the forum and try talk sense and make jokes, but all it is, is drool, and yes, jokes are meant to be funny.

Thank god this clown is on ignore. For all non United fans. Perhaps a little less trying to be funny and worrying about Uniteds signings, and a bit concentrating on your own team and how they are doing, or what they should be doing.

Marcos Rojo has always predominantly been a left back, that's where he grew up playing at Estudiantes. He pretty much played there at Spartak too. At Sporting he played mainly at CB and they had a terrible first season by all accounts. For Argentina, he is considered there 'left sided defender' - make of that what you will.

One thing in my mind is he is easily better at CB than Smalling & Evans, but that hardly makes him top class does it.

I think he was a good signing either way, what boggled me was signing three left footed defensive players in Rojo, Shaw, and Blind (add another left footer in Di Maria too.

I think Shaw has been a huge let-down. Blind is clearly better at DM and I'm not sure where Rojo is best suited.

@Ben - a better CB was, and is, Garay, would suit Utd down to the ground.

Only those who haven't seen United would say that Rojo hasn't been AMAZING for us. He has been amazing and has been a wall in front of De Gea.

Moreover, the "terrible" defense of Smalling,Jones and Rojo is the 3rd best in the league LOL.

only those who haven't seen united would say that rojo hasn't been amazing for us. He has been amazing and has been a wall in front of de gea.

Moreover' date=' the "terrible" defense of smalling,jones and rojo is the 3rd best in the league lol.[/quote']

David - De - Gea

Thats your back 3

David - De - Gea

Thats your back 3

Its a public opinion which to an extent is right and this was true for the first half of the season but tell me one match that De Gea has won in the second half. Don't get me wrong, he has been solid and we wouldn't have been in the position we are currently without De Gea but to say that we are the 3rd best defense only cause of De Gea is shallow.

Its a public opinion which to an extent is right and this was true for the first half of the season but tell me one match that De Gea has won in the second half. Don't get me wrong' date=' he has been solid and we wouldn't have been in the position we are currently without De Gea but to say that we are the 3rd best defense only cause of De Gea is shallow.[/quote']

I completely disagree. It is because of De Gea that you have such a good defensive record. It is no coincidence that he constantly get's man of the match awards or that he is in the top 8 of goalkeepers for total amount of saves over the season so far.

Jones is awful and looks like a headless chicken half the time, Rojo has been good but far from amazing. Evans when played has been constantly berated even by Utd fans, Shaw hasn't found his feet since signing and Smalling looks terrified when ever he gets the ball.

I completely disagree. It is because of De Gea that you have such a good defensive record. It is no coincidence that he constantly get's man of the match awards or that he is in the top 8 of goalkeepers for total amount of saves over the season so far.

Jones is awful and looks like a headless chicken half the time' date=' Rojo has been good but far from amazing. Evans when played has been constantly berated even by Utd fans, Shaw hasn't found his feet since signing and Smalling looks terrified when ever he gets the ball.[/quote']

Sorry but I havent once said that De Gea hasn't been Amazing because this is just not debatable that he has been our POTY by miles but you are missing the point. I am saying that in the second half of the season, Rojo and Smalling have been performing to a very good standard

Yes I agree about Jones while Evans shouldn't play for a championship club even. Smalling has been very good, please. Shaw has been plagued with injuries so please give him some time

Sorry but I havent once said that De Gea hasn't been Amazing because this is just not debatable that he has been our POTY by miles but you are missing the point. I am saying that in the second half of the season' date=' Rojo and Smalling have been performing to a very good standard

Yes I agree about Jones while Evans shouldn't play for a championship club even. Smalling has been very good, please. Shaw has been plagued with injuries so please give him some time[/quote']

Not really sure I am, you said it wasn't just because of De Gea and I disagreed :confused:

I don't really agree on Smalling having been very good either. For me he has been average, when ever he gets any sort of time on the ball he has no clue what to do with it. Rojo and Smalling have been the best of the lot but to say they have been amazing is far from the truth.

Marcos Rojo has always predominantly been a left back' date=' that's where he grew up playing at Estudiantes. He pretty much played there at Spartak too. At Benfica he played mainly at CB and they had a terrible first season by all accounts. For Argentina, he is considered there 'left sided defender' - make of that what you will.

One thing in my mind is he is easily better at CB than Smalling & Evans, but that hardly makes him top class does it.

I think he was a good signing either way, what boggled me was signing three left footed defensive players in Rojo, Shaw, and Blind (add another left footer in Di Maria too.

I think Shaw has been a huge let-down. Blind is clearly better at DM and I'm not sure where Rojo is best suited.

@Ben - a better CB was, and is, Garay, would suit Utd down to the ground.[/quote']

Benfica you say?

We bought him as a CB, he plays at CB. Therefore we signed a CB, no matter what others claim.

Not really sure I am' date=' you said it wasn't just because of De Gea and I disagreed :confused:

I don't really agree on Smalling having been very good either. For me he has been average, when ever he gets any sort of time on the ball he has no clue what to do with it. Rojo and Smalling have been the best of the lot but to say they have been amazing is far from the truth.[/quote']

Smalling has been in fine form recently, fact.

Smalling is our best CB by a country mile. A terrific defender albeit hopeless with the ball which might prove his undoing with Van Gaal in charge. Hopefully he can improve that part of his game.

We bought him as a CB' date=' he plays at CB. Therefore we signed a CB, no matter what others claim.[/quote']

A very difficult concept to grasp apparently.

Shaw has been decent enough when he's played and from what I've seen of him, if he can get a injury free run he'll nail that spot down. Blind is a good back up to have and sorts our left side out.

Sell Evans, buy a new CB. I'll be happy with Smalling/Jones/Rojo/New CB for next season with McNair/Blackett in the wings.

Looking at Smalling he excels at defensive headers' date='clearances,tackles etc,but on the ball is next to useless.

This can be worked around of course but isn't ideal.

Certainly ain't the next Franco Baresi.[/quote']

He's a defender he isn't going to be good on the ball no. As long as he does those things you pointed out, it will be great for us. Which defender is going good on the ball? There job is to clear, header away and tackle, why would anyone want a defender doing a Ronaldo or Messi.

VG had turned him into somthing good for us and I hope he continues his form under VG. He might b t be the next Barsei, but he can be the next Rio or Vidic for us.