Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Been reading a fair bit about Utd's potential summer targets, some interesting ones:

There is no shortage of keepers Utd could move for if De Gea goes to Real: Navas, Casillas, Lloris, Begovic, Ter Stegen, Leno, Cech, or the fact Valdes could easily be a no.1 keeper for 4 or 5 more seasons.

RB - Clyne, Van Der Wiel.

CB - Hummels, Garay.

DM/CM - Strootman, De Jong, Khedira, Pogba (unlikely).

WING - Depay, Lucas, Bale (unlikely), Reus (unlikely).

CF - Cavani (seemingly unlikely).

Disagree with some of that article, Like Shaw keep the Ox quiet, he was tearing him up down that side of the pitch.

However I do feel his treatment has been harsh at Utd, I mean how can you possibly be unfit at 19 as a professional footballer?

I get the impression LVG doesn't like him and I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on from United in the next 12 months.

Harsh. Very harsh.

When fully fit he's a very good player, and I'm sure van Gaal also sees that. It's only a question of remaining injury-free and getting a good run of games.

Aswell as Rojo and Jones...

Defence is opened up suddenly.

The big fantasy football question is, Aguero captain at home to West Ham, Puncheon captain at home to West Brom, or now Hazard captain at home to Man Utd?

The big fantasy football question is' date=' Aguero captain at home to West Ham, Puncheon captain at home to West Brom, or now Hazard captain at home to Man Utd?[/quote']

With the outs for united and Hazards prolonged form im going Hazard.

#InHazardWeTrust.

Well that's terrible news. I'm guessing Rooney moves into midfield and Falcao starts up top (gulp). Hopefully Mourinho parks the bus and we get away with a draw.

I really wouldn't be surprised if that happened haha. So what would the potential line-up be?

De Gea

Valencia-Smalling-McNair-Young

Mata-Fellaini-Herrara-Di Maria

Rooney - RVP/Falcao

Seems way to offensive minded - Surely Van Gaal would feel he has to risk Rojo or Jones if they are at least only 50% fit?

I really wouldn't be surprised if that happened haha. So what would the potential line-up be?

De Gea

Valencia-Smalling-McNair-Young

Mata-Fellaini-Herrara-Di Maria

Rooney - RVP/Falcao

Seems way to offensive minded - Surely Van Gaal would feel he has to risk Rojo or Jones if they are at least only 50% fit?

Shaw is fit as well I think.

Shaw is fit as well I think.

Ah ok' date=' I read he was still a major doubt, but like I said about the others, you'd think Van Gaal would need to take a risk

[center']De Gea

Valencia-Smalling-McNair-Shaw

Di Maria-Fellaini-Herrera-Young

Mata

Rooney[/center]

?

Ah ok' date=' I read he was still a major doubt, but like I said about the others, you'd think Van Gaal would need to take a risk

[center']De Gea

Valencia-Smalling-McNair-Shaw

Di Maria-Fellaini-Herrera-Young

Mata

Rooney[/center]

?

At 80%, yes; at 50%, unlikely.

I think you're pretty much spot on with the line-up; after all, that's probably the only possible combination van Gaal has.

Costa won't be playing right? Regardless, Chelsea still have a flying advantage. It might just take a bit of luck to win let alone draw at Stamford Bridge.

Van Gaal saying he might be playing Rooney in the midfield role because of Blind and Carricks injuries.

Personally think that would be disastrous for you while all the praise has come to Young and Blind, I think Rooney going upfront has changed your fortunes massively in recent games. Plus if Rooney drops deep then you're forced to play RVP or Falcao upfront.

Rooney is our only player who can come close to what Carrick does. Control the tempo and spray the ball around. If Rooney started upfront, I fear we will be cut open by Chelsea Midfield. Would love to see Wilson start but I would reluctantly give Falcao a start over RvP if that's what we've got.

Rooney is our only player who can come close to what Carrick does. Control the tempo and spray the ball around. If Rooney started upfront' date=' I fear we will be cut open by Chelsea Midfield. Would love to see Wilson start but I would reluctantly give Falcao a start over RvP if that's what we've got.[/quote']

I agree with this 100%. Let's stick Falcao up front for at least 60 minutes, RVP could be a super sub. :)

I think he will start RVP ahead of Falcao.

Rooney is our only player who can come close to what Carrick does. Control the tempo and spray the ball around. If Rooney started upfront' date=' I fear we will be cut open by Chelsea Midfield. Would love to see Wilson start but I would reluctantly give Falcao a start over RvP if that's what we've got.[/quote']

If only Falcao could turn into the player he was in that Super Cup final. Even if it's for one day, I would pay big money for that to happen.

If only Falcao could turn into the player he was in that Super Cup final. Even if it's for one day' date=' I would pay big money for that to happen.[/quote']

I am getting that feel don't know why but football has taught me to never trust your gut.

Who would you prefer up top though?

I am getting that feel don't know why but football has taught me to never trust your gut.

Who would you prefer up top though?

Van Persie - a couple of reasons why.

Cahill is a rash, non-level-headed centre-back at most time; something a player like RvP can take full advantage off; albeit by functioning as a target man and just holding up play. RvP is a horrible player to defend against, as he's deceivingly strong and agile on the ball.

Chelsea's second weakest defender has to be Ivanovic - once again very rash and at times defensively unaware, as he simply forgets about what is behind him. That potentially forms a canal through which United can break, which is what I imagine they'll be trying to do (playing on the counter).

However, a third condition: Matic. The fundament of getting a result today will be Fellaini's performance, as Matic needs stopping. He is the engine of this Chelsea team, and if Fellaini can do the same thing he did last week, Chelsea will struggle.

The only player I'm worried about is Valencia. Despite his overall performance this season, I feel that Hazard might just turn him inside-out today.

Van Persie - a couple of reasons why.

Cahill is a rash' date=' non-level-headed centre-back at most time; something a player like RvP can take full advantage off; albeit by functioning as a target man and just holding up play. RvP is a horrible player to defend against, as he's deceivingly strong and agile on the ball.

Chelsea's second weakest defender has to be Ivanovic - once again very rash and at times defensively unaware, as he simply forgets about what is behind him. That potentially forms a canal through which United can break, which is what I imagine they'll be trying to do (playing on the counter).

However, a third condition: Matic. The fundament of getting a result today will be Fellaini's performance, as Matic needs stopping. He is the engine of this Chelsea team, and if Fellaini can do the same thing he did last week, Chelsea will struggle.

The only player I'm worried about is Valencia. Despite his overall performance this season, I feel that Hazard might just turn him inside-out today.[/quote']

I would have preferred RvP myself but he's coming from an injury and I think he'll take some time to do whatever he does these days, mainly holding it up as you said plus Falcao will certainly remember that hattrick and could be a motivational factor for him.

Agree with everything and Ivanovic should be the man we should target as you rightly said, he's too attack minded and young could give him a tough time and Luke's pace is going to come handy.

We will have to see regarding Valencia because Hazard was relatively quite against QPR which shows you can neutralize him but yes this is one position I am genuinely worries about.

Matic Fellaini is going to be fascinating.

Gutted.

Still shows how long a way we have come. Every one has been very good bar Mata who seems to look a bit nervous which is understandable considering his personality. I would have banked on us to get an equalizer but with Mourinho, I am not too sure.