Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

But Tottenham not in champs league spots atm and PSV Director said he prob will be sold

So you're saying they'd take that offer for Depay because United are in the CL? That's like saying Ibra is worth half a hot dog because he's swedish and we're terrible at football...

But Tottenham not in champs league spots atm and PSV Director said he prob will be sold

It says in the very link that you posted that he'd cost much more than the £14.5m Spurs bid. If you question the validity of that, then you have to question the validity of the link at all.

I'm saying Depay prob want CL football

PSV just won the league, he has champions league football already guaranteed, something which Utd can't guarantee themselves currently...

I don't think Utd will be his only suitors so you should expect it to be northwards of £20m.

i can only see depay moving to united because of his links to LVG and he must like the club. He in my mind shouldn't cost any more than 20m.

When you think about someone like Eriksen being sold for around 11m who was a lot better , of course the market is much more crazy right now with money but 15m is a fair price. Depay in for me just ends Januzaj which is fair enough because he hasnt shown any star quality this season

i can only see depay moving to united because of his links to LVG and he must like the club. He in my mind shouldn't cost any more than 20m.

When you think about someone like Eriksen being sold for around 11m who was a lot better ' date=' of course the market is much more crazy right now with money but 15m is a fair price. Depay in for me just ends Januzaj which is fair enough because he hasnt shown any star quality this season[/quote']

Correctomundo.

I think the only reason we don't sign Depay is if Big Louis doesn't want him.

Would quite happily send Januzaj in the opposite direction on loan if need be.

Correctomundo.

I think the only reason we don't sign Depay is if Big Louis doesn't want him.

Would quite happily send Januzaj in the opposite direction on loan if need be.

pointless sending him on loan to Psv , more than enough BPL teams will take him on for first team football.

My only problem is is there a need for Depay right away with Young on very good form. Do you hold on another year or take the gamble now and sell young or Januzaj or potentially forgot about Januzaj as a left mid and move him into a centeral role.

Depay for me could play left wing but if he played behind a forward like sterling did then the threat on the counter attack is real

pointless sending him on loan to Psv ' date=' more than enough BPL teams will take him on for first team football.

My only problem is is there a need for Depay right away with Young on very good form. Do you hold on another year or take the gamble now and sell young or Januzaj or potentially forgot about Januzaj as a left mid and move him into a centeral role.

Depay for me could play left wing but if he played behind a forward like sterling did then the threat on the counter attack is real[/quote']

It's not pointless at all if it means Januzaj gets plenty of game time and sweetens the deal for PSV.

Don't be fooled into thinking Young should be a first choice first team regular. He's in good form yes, but a better player in good form is a better option.

pointless sending him on loan to Psv ' date=' more than enough BPL teams will take him on for first team football.

Depay for me could play left wing but if he played behind a forward like sterling did then the threat on the counter attack is real[/quote']

Well PSV are as good as any other (mid-table) EPL team, so it would really be more of a deal sweetener if anything else.

If Dì Maria stays, there isn't really a need for him, but I think it is fair to say that if van Gaal does not go for him this summer, the chance will be well and truly gone, as United surely aren't the only club interested in him at the moment.

Januzaj did feature as a #10 in youth teams - it wouldn't be unthinkable to try him out as a CAM instead of deploying him on the wing. Selling him would be absurd - he's way too young to already have given up on. A loan move might just do him wonders.

My two cents RE: Depay

We need a winger who is direct with pace, currently we don't have that.

Ashley Young has been in terrific form and deserves to remain another season but he's no spring chicken and a quick look at our academy and it doesn't look like a young pacey winger is coming out anytime soon.

As for the fee, I think we'd be kidding ourselves if we think we're getting him for anything below £20m, my best guess would be about £24m due to PSV's success they have a bit more say in the fee although I think if LVG want's Depay then it's unlikely PSV will be able to do much to convince him to stay.

That being said I think it would be terrible if Depay were to arrive and we were to sell Januzaj who is still gifted but just needs to mature and learn. IMO Januzaj shouldn't leave the club, if we find a suitable club to loan him to then I'd be open to the thought, somewhere like Southampton would be ideal, though the fact Koeman is in charge makes it very unlikely. Januzaj's problem is that he isn't really what I'd say a worker on the pitch but Mata has shown that anyone can adjust their game with the right motivation. If Januzaj can improve his stamina and work rate he could fit nicely into the side but until then I don't think LVG is going to give him a run of games.

Also on a side note it has been reported that Di Maria would like to stay, if true hopefully he can hit the ground running next season with a whole preseason with United under his belt.

He could get that in the Ukraine aswell :P

Or in PSV..

Yes he probably could' date=' but why there when he has a chance to play for the most famous and known football club in the world, with all sorts of history Behind them. And more trophies to come in the future, with a new and rejuvenated Manchester United team. :rolleyes: [/color']

If you listen to the Rags like some of you do and take as the gospel truth then rumours have it...

Depay will be PSG bound this summer as they are willing to pay more then 25m for him aswell as a mega contract.

PSG need to sell to get players in as they fight FFP

Depay should come to united, LVG can hopefully improve him like he done to others in past

Smalling signed a new 5 year deal - Congrats to him

PSG need to sell to get players in as they fight FFP

Depay should come to united' date=' LVG can hopefully improve him like he done to others in past

Smalling signed a new 5 year deal - Congrats to him[/quote']

PSG don't care about FFP there owner/chairmen pretty much came out and stuck 2 fingers up at FFP and said if he wants to spend his money he will in a way he wants to.

Depay would probably end up at PSG they will just outbid everyone

LVG was greeted a group of supporters with life-limiting illnesses at the biannual Manchester Foundation Dream Day

1 fan made a list and gave it to LVG

Mats Hummels £36m

Gareth Bale £120m

Paul Pogba £75m

Nathaniel Clyne £15m

Memphis Depay £30m

Jackson Martinez £25m

He also said don't sign Falcao and sell RVP

The guy has the right ideas but prices are high here and there on few, but getting them who knows, prob not Bale

LVG has identified Gundogan as the new Carrick, Gundogan a great player but hopeful his injures is all in the past now

LVG was greeted a group of supporters with life-limiting illnesses at the biannual Manchester Foundation Dream Day

Mats Hummels £36m

Gareth Bale £120m

Paul Pogba £75m

Nathaniel Clyne £15m

Memphis Depay £30m

Jackson Martinez £25m

The guy has the right ideas but prices are high here and there on few' date=' but getting them who knows, prob not Bale

LVG has identified Gundogan as the new Carrick, Gundogan a great player but hopeful his injures is all in the past now[/quote']

Never going happen.

Gareth Bale £120m

Paul Pogba £75m

Jackson Martinez £25m

Might happen.

Nathaniel Clyne £15m

Memphis Depay £30m

Mats Hummels £36m

Even with Depay and Hummels there seems to be a few clubs that are linked with them on an almost daily basis. At the moment the only one out of those I would be confident on would be Clyne.

News if true

Real Madrid have reportedly given up on a move for Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea and turned their attention to signing Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic. - Jamie won't like that

We put a £22mil bid in for Hummels it seems

Quite happy to sell Begovic for a hugely over inflated price to Real or Inter or anyone else that wants to pay us top money for him.

He is an excellent keeper but hasn't really shown it this season. We also have two good young keepers ready to step up and replace him in Butland and Bachmann.

Mats Hummels £36m

Gareth Bale £120m

Paul Pogba £75m

Nathaniel Clyne £15m

Memphis Depay £30m

Jackson Martinez £25m

The guy has the right ideas but prices are high here and there on few' date=' but getting them who knows, prob not Bale

LVG has identified Gundogan as the new Carrick, Gundogan a great player but hopeful his injures is all in the past now[/quote']

Was about to post this too, very good little video.

MAfUrLApanM

"He didn't tell me who to sell, but after a little pushing, I know."

News if true

Real Madrid have reportedly given up on a move for Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea and turned their attention to signing Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic. - Jamie won't like that

We put a £22mil bid in for Hummels it seems

Nothing on sky sports or bbc sport.

What's your source?