Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Your point is wrong.

The fact is LVG can't/won't adapt to certain problems faced during games.

You have players on salaries up to 250 grand a week and they can't play a certain way?

Wow.

Have you thought about LVG has tried to change it? Have you ever thought what it would be like if United had a fit squad?

It not easy for LVG to have to keep changing the squad around plus some player ain't performing, Shadow of themselves etc He has to work with what he got until end of season put he had to undo Moyes's mess of last year

this Summer he can get the players and spine into United

Manchester United only signed Memphis Depay from PSV after swooping in to ward off serious interest from Paris Saint-Germain in the last 48 hours.

Marcel Brands, sporting director of the Dutch club, has revealed that the French champions had already agreed a deal for Depay.

Kinda like the Ronaldinho deal United had until 48 hours Barcelona stepped in

There's a difference between forcing control and being given control. Barca and Munich force control of a game' date=' United are given control, especially against the lower league clubs, teams are happy to let United control possession because 9/10 you do nothing with it, United rely on two things Fellaini and crossing. Last week against West Brom was a perfect example, Fellaini was marked out of the game and after West Brom scored you peppered their box with crosses, and youve done that consistently this season, teams are happy to set up to counter you because if they sit back and mark Fellaini tightly bar a bit of luck Lvg is clueless in how to change it, the exact same happened against Everton.

Not only has your recent form showed your tactics, your best performances Liverpool at home, Spurs at home and City at home show it as well. Spurs couldn't deal with Fellaini, Liverpool first time around couldn't deal with crosses (and even then Liverpool absolutely battered you for the majority of the game) and City couldn't deal with Fellaini or your crossing.

[b']It's not sour grapes or anything[/b] but United haven't been tactically good all season bar the patch of games where Fellaini was unplayable, had Liverpool not been atrocious you'd be 5th. There's just no way you can compare yourself to Barca and Munich tactically because you're nothing alike.

It's not sour grapes if you're right.

It's not sour grapes if you're right.

He's completely right in that it isn't sour grapes and that United haven't performed but I don't think it is at all a tactical issue more the quality of our attacking players not being up to scratch against the compact defences.

Give United a Hazard, Robben etc and the tactic would work much better due to the unpredictable nature of such players. They can open a game up on their own which when you have such a tight defence to break is often what is needed.

It's a lot like ancient siege techniques (simplified), you had two options really, get someone to open the gates for you cleverly and by surprise, or break the gates down with force. United due to their personnel are forced to break the gates down, despite wanting to play possession attacking football, whereas if they had the right tools they could much more skilfully find a solution.

That's why United need to add quality rather than changing tactics. They don't have the players to battle any other way more effectively.

Man Utd 2105/2016

LVG is sick of Spanish speaking players in his team

-----------------Oblak-----------------

Clyne------De Vrij-----Hummels------Shaw

---------------Nainggolan----------------

Robben---------de Bruijne-----------Depay

---------van Persie------Rooney----------

Great signing in regards to Depay, will add that extra bit of spice to the team. Happy signings and may they continue like this thick and fast.

Reading some posts down below, outrages, simply outrages. One raving lunatic went as far and suggested that LVG would,or could buy up all Dutch players simply because of his Dutch connections/background, Lunacy, simply lunacy.

No matter what nationality a player is, any player would love to be play for United as many dream to. To say players would come to United because of some sort of nationality connection is simply crazy.

Great signing in regards to Depay' date=' will add that extra bit of spice to the team. Happy signings and may they continue like this thick and fast.

Reading some posts down below, outrages, simply outrages. One raving lunatic went as far and suggested that LVG would,or could buy up all Dutch players simply because of his Dutch connections/background, Lunacy, simply lunacy.

No matter what nationality a player is, any player would love to be play for United as many dream to. To say players would come to United because of some sort of nationality connection is simply crazy.[/i']

Stop outraging Tony.

Blind, now Depay, constantly linked with Strootman since day one. I don't think Nigel De Jong was linked with United until LVG took over.

Of course his nationality had a sway on Depay, you'd have to be a complete & utter moron not to think so.

Stop outraging Tony.

Blind' date=' now Depay, constantly linked with Strootman since day one. I don't think Nigel De Jong was linked with United until LVG took over.

Of course his nationality had a sway on Depay, you'd have to be a complete & utter moron not to think so.[/quote']

As I said before, any player would love to play for United. It was probably his childhood dream to run out at old trafford. Now it is a reality.

I can't help it but to be outraged. If I feel like I have to then I will.

As I said before' date=' any player would love to play for United. It was probably his childhood dream to run out at old trafford. Now it is a reality.

I can't help it but to be outraged. If I feel like I have to then I will. [/color']

Why are you outraged though?

Your signing players you should be happy :confused:

As I said before' date=' any player would love to play for United. It was probably his childhood dream to run out at old trafford. Now it is a reality.

I can't help it but to be outraged. If I feel like I have to then I will. [/color']

Every player says "it was a dream to play for this club" didn't Bony say as much when he joined City? That he dreamed of playing for them while he was a kid! :D

Man Utd 2105/2016

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Man Utd 2105/2016

Interesting but not gonna happen

I like to see Oblak at United but De Gea staying I think

De Vrij' date=' havent watched Lazio much but not sure if he come

Nainggolan, contact issues with Roma but he is hard worker

De Bruyne - not sure if he will leave

Robben - no hope, I think he retire at Bayern

RVP- shadow of hhimself

Stop outraging Tony.

Blind, now Depay, constantly linked with Strootman since day one. I don't think Nigel De Jong was linked with United until LVG took over.

Of course his nationality had a sway on Depay, you'd have to be a complete & utter moron not to think so.

I think Depay and LVG has a relationship, as LVG told Depay to stay at PSV for 1 more season then move, Media will link any top player to United and Dutch players

Man Utd 2105/2016

That midfield would be a torn a new one in the premier league. Nainggolan has a top workrate but he's not the deep lying playmaker you get in Carrick. He also wouldn't be able to run the centre of midfield with virtually 0 protection. Gotta admit I'd be worried if you ended up with de Bruyne though.

Clyne, Hummels, Gundogan, Lacazette? Another winger apart from Depay..hmm don't think we're linked to any other winger other than Bale, and he won't move

Got a feeling that di Maria will be on his way out' date=' although I can't say that I'm all too bothered.

It looks as though he doesn't want to be here and his performances have been Nani-esque (or worse) at times. If PSG want him and are willing to stump up the fee we'd be looking for, I'd be okay seeing him leave as that money could be reinvested in the squad.

Still need a RB, CB, CM, winger and striker in my opinion.

1. Valencia should never be a first choice RB
  2. We definitely need a top CB to play alongside Smalling.
  3. We struggle immensely without Carrick and our options are limited here. Fellaini should be 4th or 5th choice (or sold).
  4. As great as Young has been this season, it's still not good enough.
  5. We need a striker with pace, power and a high work rate.

Could be another huge summer in terms on ins and outs.

Clyne' date=' Hummels, Gundogan, Lacazette? Another winger apart from Depay..hmm don't think we're linked to any other winger other than Bale, and he won't move[/quote']

I'm not convinced with Gundogan still, unless he recaptures the form he had pre-injury I can't see how he's going to add the real quality we need in midfield.

Lacazette has been recently linked, but is he a 1 season wonder? Jury is still out on him as far as I'm concerned.

Bale, don't want him for the fee he'd demand.

We'll find out soon enough.

Bale: Yes and we'll end up giving DdG which is a waste

Have to see what will happen. Shall be exciting, Hope we can swipe Schneiderlin out of Arsenal's pockets. :D

I'm not convinced with Gundogan still' date=' unless he recaptures the form he had pre-injury I can't see how he's going to add the real quality we need in midfield.

Lacazette has been recently linked, but is he a 1 season wonder? Jury is still out on him as far as I'm concerned.

We'll find out soon enough.[/quote']

Clyne' date=' Hummels, Gundogan, Lacazette? Another winger apart from Depay..hmm don't think we're linked to any other winger other than Bale, and he won't move[/quote']

The above is pretty much every United fans dream window, if money were no object. But it won't happen.

LVG has said though we're looking for a RF CM for Carrick so Gundogan could be realistic.

I'm not convinced with Gundogan still' date=' unless he recaptures the form he had pre-injury I can't see how he's going to add the real quality we need in midfield.

We'll find out soon enough.[/quote']

I'm a bit like you on Gundogan but as I understand it he's actually getting back to his best which is encouraging, I did a bit of a bigger post about him basically saying the same thing that he's a good player but doesn't really stand out as being terrific at anything really.

Lacazette could well be however he's quick, dribbles and can finish. That's what our attack is missing. Pipe dream IMO and all paper talk though.

I'm a bit like you on Gundogan but as I understand it he's actually getting back to his best which is encouraging' date=' I did a bit of a bigger post about him basically saying the same thing that he's a good player but doesn't really stand out as being terrific at anything really.

Lacazette could well be however he's quick, dribbles and can finish. That's what our attack is missing. Pipe dream IMO and all paper talk though.[/quote']

You talk about Gundogan, saying he not a stand out player but a few years ago people were saying that about Carrick, missing out how importance he was, I think because they both kinda quiet, get on with the job type players that they don't stand out

Lacazette - not seen much of him but he knows where the goal is

Got to laugh at your continued hypocrisy' date=' less than three weeks ago it was apparently a smart move to spend 20m odd in fees and wages for him......[/quote']

Was a risk to sign him on loan, didn't pay off but there's no harm in getting in a proven goal-scorer when available, especially only on loan. But isn't smart to buy him now, money does not grow on trees and we can't throw 40mil at this, could buy Lacazette and he would be worth it!

Saw reports that Utd may extend the loan till Jan 2016, so let's see!

Was a risk to sign him on loan' date=' didn't pay off but there's no harm in getting in a proven goal-scorer when available, especially only on loan. But isn't smart to buy him now, money does not grow on trees and we can't throw 40mil at this, could buy Lacazette and he would be worth it!

Saw reports that Utd may extend the loan till Jan 2016, so let's see![/quote']

Novo it was not smart to loan him for a 6m fee and God knows how much in wages on a guy coming back from a serious injury....

That is more than risky.....stupidity in my eyes and said so at the time....