Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Mata was phenomenal in that second half. Falcao played a good game too.

Blind was easily United's worst player today - absolutely shocking.

Mata MOTM' date=' Smalling close second.[/quote']

I would of said De Gea was MOTM. Granted you 3 points today with three excellent saves from certain goals.

I would of said De Gea was MOTM. Granted you 3 points today with three excellent saves from certain goals.

I'd question his positioning for Puncheon's goal though. A goalkeeper should never be caught out by an "in-swinger" like that.

Guaranteed, he did make some wonderful saves to make up for that.

Mata was phenomenal in that second half. Falcao played a good game too.

Blind was easily United's worst player today - absolutely shocking.

Mata MOTM' date=' Smalling close second.[/quote']

United - Everywhere you g, always take De Gea with you

De Gea MOTM

I think Fellaini worst player 1st half but Valencia didn't have good game

I'd question his positioning for Puncheon's goal though. A goalkeeper should never be caught out by an "in-swinger" like that.

Guaranteed' date=' he did make some wonderful saves to make up for that.[/quote']

It was a deflection and he had moved already into the actual path of the ball

What? If that's phenomenal then we're in more trouble than I thought.

He was shocking like everyone else with the exception of Ashley Young.

Totally agree.

Guaranteed' date=' he did make some wonderful saves to make up for that.[/quote']

It did take a deflection off Blind though, if Blind had jumped or done anything other than stand still it would never of been a goal.

United puzzle needs to be fix this summer- get the right pieces to fit the puzzle

Need to stop the injures

RB, CB needed as well as keeping Shaw fit

Midfield all need a different dimension

Young a fine Left side winger, Mata, I like him but he comes to central all the time, hope Depay could do that Role

Look at the bigger picture for Christ's sake.

Palace were always going to start the game the way they did, thereby replicating the tactic deployed by the three teams prior to today, which was to let United hog the ball and push forward, posing little to no threat whilst doing so.

And that worked once again, or at least for the first half; United's midfielders and forwards were restricted to short side- and back-passes, with players like Rooney and Herrera having absolutely no time to take touches and play forward, courtesy of some good play by Jedinak [a.k.a. Dan Bilzerian] and McArthur. Palace's full-backs did the same with Mata and Young, allowing only Fellaini to move forward, and that again only up until a certain point (knowing that the donkey can shoot).

The penalty was United's Godsend; many referees would have not given that, but as it's Michael Oliver, it was an inevitability once the appeals started. But even after the penalty, United played with absolutely no vehemence whatsoever, with outlets (all four 'on paper' attacking players) not doing their job and overall play being extremely sloppy, also courtesy of Palace's passive pressing.

Another (blessing in disguise) was Rooney's injury (who was very poor today), as it forced Louis to change tactics; accommodating less possession and more counter-attacking play. Falcao's introduction was met with the usual scepticism, but at the end of the day he did do his job, as he was the one who created the winning goal, not Young.

Going back to the conceded free-kick, I was well aware of the deflection, but that does still not change the fact that it was at a reachable distance (both horizontally and vertically) for David to keep out. The deflection was minimal, and the problem for me was his initial reaction, as he most likely expected Puncheon to cross (being left-footed). However, as some already said, Blind should have done much better there - the way he shimmed away from the ball is borderline pathetic. But I agree, overall he did have a very good game.

The thing that really changed in the second half was United's attacking play - every move seemed to have purpose, and even though they were not as "comfortable" as in the first, it did make for some more action. For starters, the passing was way more fluent - fewer touches on the ball and more player movement, with the Spanish duo combining very well numerous times, not to mention Young's endeavours on that left-hand side.

And at the end of the day, whatever Palace created at one end, United did at the same at the other, most of which was courtesy of Mata, who distributed the ball very well in that second period (definitely much better than Rooney [in the first] or Herrera [over the course of the whole game]). However, that would have not been possible had it not been for a certain Falcao, who for me is the unsung hero - created acres of space numerous times, allowing Mata to gallop in the middle and cause mayhem, not to mention (again) his contribution for the winning goal.

Therefore, Mata MOTM, and Smalling second for keeping United's soporific back line awake when most needed.

Have you ever considered contributing on fanfiction? The below post would fit right in there.

And at the end of the day' date=' whatever Palace created at one end, United did at the same at the other, most of which was courtesy of Mata, who distributed the ball very well in that second period (definitely much better than Rooney [in the first'] or Herrera [over the course of the whole game]). However, that would have not been possible had it not been for a certain Falcao, who for me is the unsung hero - created acres of space numerous times, allowing Mata to gallop in the middle and cause mayhem, not to mention (again) his contribution for the winning goal.

Therefore, Mata MOTM, and Smalling second for keeping United's soporific back line awake when most needed.

1. Palace were all over us for the 2nd half. Comfortably the better side.

2. EVERYTHING we did going forward in the 2nd half was down to Ashley Young giving a torrid time to Ward.

I'm completely baffled as to how you've managed to turn Ashley Young's MoM performance into Falcao being an unsung hero and Mata being the man of the match for his 'distribution'. Surreal. And Falcao created the winning goal? Jesus wept. You have such a massive agenda over Falcao, it's ludicrous and completely transparent.

1. Palace were all over us for the 2nd half. Comfortably the better side.

2. EVERYTHING we did going forward in the 2nd half was down to Ashley Young giving a torrid time to Ward.

I'm completely baffled as to how you've managed to turn Ashley Young's MoM performance into Falcao being an unsung hero and Mata being the man of the match for his 'distribution'. Surreal. And Falcao created the winning goal? Jesus wept. You have such a massive agenda over Falcao' date=' it's ludicrous and completely transparent.[/quote']

How many times did Young beat Ward? Twice is the answer. TWICE. You make it sound as if the latter spent most of his time plucking grass out of his rear.

Same for being "all over "us"", how many times did De Gea have to make (albeit an incredible) save? Twice is the answer to that question too. Other than that, a handful of poor crosses and misplaced passes, nothing to write home about.

Ashley Young wasn't MOTM, as he created very little bar those two times he passed Ward effectively. The winning goal was all Falcao, as that ball was heading straight into Speroni's hands. Without him, there would have been no confusion (and no small shove), giving Donkey the space he needed.

Matt is not wrong in saying that you're a complete waste of space. The fact that you even have your location set to "Javier Hernandez school of finishing arts" tells me exactly how much you know about football.

How many times did Young beat Ward? Twice is the answer. TWICE. You make it sound as if the latter spent most of his time plucking grass out of his rear.

Same for being "all over "us""' date=' how many times did De Gea have to make (albeit an incredible) save? Twice is the answer to that question too. Other than that, a handful of poor crosses and misplaced passes, nothing to write home about.

Ashley Young wasn't MOTM, as he created very little bar those two times he passed Ward effectively. The winning goal was all Falcao, as that ball was heading straight into Speroni's hands. Without him, there would have been no confusion (and no small shove), giving Donkey the space he needed.

Matt is not wrong in saying that you're a complete waste of space. The fact that you even have your location set to "Javier Hernandez school of finishing arts" tells me exactly how much you know about football.[/quote']

Young did beat Ward many more times then just twice, Palace did have a great 15 minute spell then here n there were dangerous

Ok, so Ashley Young directly responsible for creating both our goals and the only one who looked anywhere near good enough to create anything was not MoM.

But Juan Mata, an attacking midfielder who created precisely nothing and scored a pen was our MoM because he distributed the ball.....or something?

And Falcao was the one who created the goal because....erm.....oh yeah he ran around a bit. Let's not give credit to the guy who made the space for himself to cross the ball. Because that would be very foolish of course...

Ashley Young was our best player by an absolute country mile in the 2nd half. The only one with the drive and determination to want to create anything.

As for crap posts, it wasn't long ago you wanted De Gea dropped. Not long ago you called Countinho one of the best finishers in the world (lol Even Liverpool fans were embarrassed by that). Not long ago you compared Mata (I believe you called him a 'petite magician') to an actual playmaker in Silva. Your list of crappy posts extends a mile long.

As for crap posts' date=' it wasn't long ago you wanted De Gea dropped. Not long ago you called Countinho one of the best finishers in the world (lol Even Liverpool fans were embarrassed by that). Not long ago you compared Mata (I believe you called him a 'petite magician') to an actual playmaker in Silva. Your list of crappy posts extends a mile long.[/quote']

Going to ignore that first part completely, as some things require more than a power-drill to crack through effectively. However, for the above:

A) When did I call for De Gea to be dropped? When he was playing poorly; definitely not at the level he is playing now. If he were to start playing like that again, I'd without a shadow of a doubt call for him to be dropped again. Simple.

B) I did make a mistake there, and also apologised for it promptly. Everyone makes mistakes, and unlike many, I actually have the balls to admit it when I do. That said, looking at this season's performances, his finishing has become much better, and if that trend is anything to go by, he's not so far from becoming the complete package, so to say.

C) Juan Mata is a class player. Need I say more. Silva only has the upper hand over him because of having better players around him. Mata would be able to achieve the same in that same City squad.

Going to ignore that first part completely' date=' as some things require more than a power-drill to crack through effectively. However, for the above:

A) When did I call for De Gea to be dropped? When he was playing poorly; definitely not at the level he is playing now. If he were to start playing like that again, I'd without a shadow of a doubt call for him to be dropped again. Simple.

B) I did make a mistake there, and also apologised for it promptly. Everyone makes mistakes, and unlike many, I actually have the balls to admit it when I do. That said, looking at this season's performances, his finishing has become much better, and if that trend is anything to go by, he's not so far from becoming the complete package, so to say.

C) Juan Mata is a class player. Need I say more. Silva only has the upper hand over him because of having better players around him. Mata would be able to achieve the same in that same City squad.[/quote']

1. He wasn't poorly. He just wasn't amazing. There's a difference as everyone told you at the time and you don't drop goalkeepers for not being amazing especially not someone who was the player of the season the year before. Unsurprisingly, you failed to grasp such a basic point. And here we are, months down the line with De Gea set to be voted our POTY again.

2. It was a hilarious claim. Almost as bad as saying Mata was MoM or your constant agenda posting on Falcao which has been on show for a long long time. P.S I actually thought Falcao was decent today for a change but crediting him for the goal is ott.

3. You do, because there is an enormous difference between them which has nothing to do with the players around them. And seeing as you think Falcao is the second coming then even that shouldn't be too much of a difference eh? One is the best playmaker in the world (aside from Messi) and the the other is not...not even close if truth be told. The differences are startlingly obvious once you see them play.

I almost forgot, you think Valencia is a beast (mega lol). Quite possibly one of the worst things about watching United over the last 3 seasons. Somehow, he's become too terrible going forward even for a full back and backs that up with horrible positioning in nigh on every game he plays. He was lucky Evans was on the pitch today and thus managed to outdo him. Proper carcrash of a player. I doubt Bebe could do any worse. Hell, the last time I watched Bebe, he was putting up a man of the match performance against Real Madrid.

I almost forgot' date=' you think Valencia is a beast (mega lol). Quite possibly one of the worst things about watching United over the last 3 seasons. Somehow, he's become too terrible going forward even for a full back and backs that up with horrible positioning in nigh on every game he plays. He was lucky Evans was on the pitch today and thus managed to outdo him. Proper carcrash of a player. I doubt Bebe could do any worse. Hell, the last time I watched Bebe, he was putting up a man of the match performance against Real Madrid.[/quote']

I agree here but he has no protection/help from Mata unlike what Young does with LB as Mata like to play/cut into the central area. Valencia doing less crossings and less taking on the man and running to their bar line, He use to have 1 of the best LB in the world in his pocket(Cashley Cole) but now its changed. Valencia positioning and decision making isn't the best plus he can have a clumsy game in him.

People saying Mata MOTM, Mata nearly gave away a Penalty to Palace