Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Of course that would be a priority by a mile but thinking realistically' date=' Pogba seems to be a bit unrealistic with more attractive clubs eyeing him and his team mates constantly coming out and say that even if he leaves, that won't be to United.

I feel he can take up that role for us. He did play break up the play at Barca in front of the defense.[/quote']

And he wasn't very good at Barcelona, hence why they let him go.

And I'm saying that Sheikh's aren't really "astute businessmen" and are far more sinister. I'm hardly attacking Sheikh Mansour or any Sheikh's for that matter' date=' I'm just being candid. Whether you guys like it or not, it's the truth. The same applies for Abramovich.

Besides, it's not like I'm ignoring Abramovich's wrongdoings, so I'm not really being ironic am I?[/quote']

Can't they be both? I think that they manage their money brilliantly. However, they (like every person with a lot of money to their name) have had to step on people to get it.

He was frequently rotated with Seydou Keita?

Two completely different situations:

Barça's Yaya doesn't even come close to City's Yaya, simply because of the way Barça used him. Having Keita as CDM back-up, Busquets as emerging CDM and the Xavi-Iniesta duo in their prime, Touré was a squad player, and similar to United's situation in 2008, there were too many players fighting for too many positions, hence very few standouts.

City's Touré was always going to be different, as he was the focal point of their midfield until this season, where things got somewhat perturbed with injuries and the Africa cup of nations. However, any team that builds their midfield around a fit Touré will still be an immensely strong midfield, as he's still a very good player.

For City fans maybe' date=' I wouldn't want him here anyway.[/quote']

Why would you not want Yaya at United? Think he still has plenty to offer. A short term contract wouldn't do any harm at all. Look how well or important goals Lampard scored for City after leaving Chelsea.

Why wouldn't you want him here? How long have you been following/supporting United?

Why would you not want Yaya at United? Think he still has plenty to offer. A short term contract wouldn't do any harm at all. Look how well or important goals Lampard scored for City after leaving Chelsea.

Why wouldn't you want him here? How long have you been following/supporting United?

yaya would instantly become your best player , which sums up united :rolleyes:

Favourite club Birmingham' date=' with Sterling as PP and supporting Chelsea. I give up.[/quote']

Its and my brothers account so il change it for you.

On my actual SM account its a pic of hazard. But i never knew you could only have pics of players who play for the team you support. God forbid :D

Just chill out mate ;):P

Its and my brothers account so il change it for you.

On my actual SM account its a pic of hazard. But i never knew you could only have pics of players who play for the team you support. God forbid :D

Just chill out mate ;):P

You don't have to change anything for me, as I'm chill (or cool) as a cucumber.

As for having a rival player as your PP, you have to admit it does seem quite suspicious, or am I totally wrong?

You should be worrying about losing your number one player this summer. Yes' date=' that's right, it's only a matter of time before Mr Sterling leaves Anfield.[/color']

He just said he supports Chelsea. See the thread posts below.

Two completely different situations:

Barça's Yaya doesn't even come close to City's Yaya' date=' simply because of the way Barça used him. Having Keita as CDM back-up, Busquets as emerging CDM and the Xavi-Iniesta duo in their prime, Touré was a squad player, and similar to United's situation in 2008, there were too many players fighting for too many positions, hence very few standouts.

City's Touré was always going to be different, as he was the focal point of their midfield until this season, where things got somewhat perturbed with injuries and the Africa cup of nations. However, any team that builds their midfield around a fit Touré will still be an immensely strong midfield, as he's still a very good player.[/quote']

He's terrible defensively, doesn't ever seem to like to defend, shown perfectly against the most recent fixture against us, where he just let Fellaini have all the space in the world. He was suggested as a boost to the defensive side of our midfield. Thinking Toure would be the best player in our squad, as some have suggested, especially in that role, is hilarious. Toure of the 13/14 season, yeah sure I'd take him, now, I'd rather not.

You should be worrying about losing your number one player this summer. Yes' date=' that's right, it's only a matter of time before Mr Sterling leaves Anfield.[/color']

Sterling isn't Liverpool's best player, he's not a patch on Coutinho.

He's terrible defensively' date=' doesn't ever seem to like to defend, shown perfectly against the most recent fixture against us, where he just let Fellaini have all the space in the world. He was suggested as a boost to the defensive side of our midfield. Thinking Toure would be the best player in our squad, as some have suggested, especially in that role, is hilarious. Toure of the 13/14 season, yeah sure I'd take him, now, I'd rather not.[/quote']

Toure is good defensively, he's just disinterested. He played CB for Barcelona when they won the Champions League, so he's by no means a bad defender. If he starts to care again, which may be unlikely, he could be very good defensively.

Bumped' date=' would like a reply.[/color']

He's terrible defensively' date=' doesn't ever seem to like to defend, shown perfectly against the most recent fixture against us, where he just let Fellaini have all the space in the world. He was suggested as a boost to the defensive side of our midfield. Thinking Toure would be the best player in our squad, as some have suggested, especially in that role, is hilarious. Toure of the 13/14 season, yeah sure I'd take him, now, I'd rather not.[/quote']

He is by no means terrible in defending.

The game against United was one where he was extremely isolated - it is very difficult to play against a player of Fellaini's calibre if there is no support from your fellow midfielders whatsoever. Look at Chelsea, they needed to play a CB and a CDM to get past the Fellaini barrier (not crediting Fellaini here, but the tactical approach Mourinho used to overcome that inconvenience). City should have done the same, but instead opted for a more free-flowing midfield; hoping to "outplay" United without the use of too many physical characters. For example, Fernando should have started that game over Navas, with City playing a 4-3-3 instead of a fragmented 4-2-3-1. Also, United had their fair share of luck that day (not that I'm complaining about anything for that matter).

Never did I suggest he'd be "the" boost to the defensive side of things; I still believe Blind to be the man to feature in that DM role as much as possible, as he doesn't have the pace to compete in the back. However, Toure is arguably still the most well-rounded midfielder in the world, and building a team around a player of his type is often much easier, as he offers something wherever he plays (whether it's in a defensive or attacking role, it doesn't matter). The only problem with Toure is motivation, but in that sense I think Louis is more than capable of using his manipulative nature to his advantage.

Moreover, he's definitely not a long-term view for any club that would be signing him (something Inter have already blatantly mentioned), but to question his ability at this stage of his career is daft - he's still a very good player, and any coach who can get the best out of a player of his calibre can achieve great things.

Bumped' date=' would like a reply.[/color']

Perhaps before you bump a post you should learn to reply to posts that are directed at you which you often don't do, especially when it is a post you know you can't answer with any rationale. Practice what you preach Tony. Someone please make sure he sees this.

LVG will play 4-3-2-1 next year.

-----------------De Gea--------------------

new RB-----new CB -----Rojo----------Shaw

----Herrera--------Vidal-----------Blind------

-----------Mata-------------Depay----------

-------------------Rooney-------------------

United's Di Maria to PSG

PSG's Verratti to Juventus

Juve's Vidal to United

Everybody happy!

LVG will play 4-3-2-1 next year.

-----------------De Gea--------------------

new RB-----new CB -----Rojo----------Shaw

----Herrera--------Vidal-----------Blind------

-----------Mata-------------Depay----------

-------------------Rooney-------------------

United's Di Maria to PSG

PSG's Verratti to Juventus

Juve's Vidal to United

Everybody happy!

I'd prefer Pogba if we can get him. Unlikely though.