Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

We have dominated the first have but I don't like the way we are playing.

We have had some good interchanges but too many of the players are playing selfish football.

I dont mind them having shots, but some times it's just to selfish. And we are trying to play with "skills" too much.

The players are more interested in impressing the manager with skills and independent play rather than actually winning.

Ahh i just typed a huge post about why United wont be in the Europa League, anyway heres some useful stuff..

If two or more teams are equal on points after the group matches, the following will show how they end up, in order

• higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question (head 2 head);
  • superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  • higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question (away goals in the group stage :eek:);
  • superior goal difference from all group matches played;
  • higher number of goals scored;
  • higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons.

to be fair they've been quite lucky in the CL so far - could easily have lost their previous 2 home games and they could easily have drawn in moskow

Sometimes it's a bit of luck that edges it. And they are through to the Knockout Stages after all, 16 clubs won't be able to boast that in a short amount of time. Some already can't.

Thats ridiculous.... Yes he is going to be a class player imo.

No it's not. He's fast, but he's not going to get into the French team any time soon, he's far, far from the finished article, and Valencia is much better than a guy who can basically run with the ball. :rolleyes:

he certainly poses very little goal threat and has shown no improvement in this field during the entirety of his career, and will get a tough time from PL defenders as he's surprisingly weak for a 6'1 player.

For Bordeaux he made mostly sub appearances, why was that if he's gonna be a world beater, are you tellign me that in one fell swoop he's gone from average youngster with a chunk of potential to a future world beater? No. :o

Not a great crosser, poor positioning for a winger tbh and yes, these are all comign from football critics/pundits, not my opinion (my opinion is that he's been very overrated, and has had his crowning moment getting MVP in the Toulon Tournament, a competition that had 2 countries serious about it...).

Career so far:

1) Moved to Lorient (equivalent of Bolton/Hull IMO...)on loan after failing to impress at Bordeaux.

2) Bad finishing.

3) Lacks motivation (easily displaced by Gouffran, didn't care etc...)

4) Inconsistent at every club he's been at.

5) French Football forums, members of which know a lot more than you thor I have earmarked him as Mutton dressed as Lamb.

6) Bordeaux were trying to offload him.

From what I've seen he can run with the ball. My dog can run with the ball, every winger on God's green earth can run with the ball, but he's going to be a world beater?

He's going to move on eventually IMO, and will never be more for his country than an U21/U23 international.

No it's not. He's fast' date=' but he's not going to get into the French team any time soon, he's far, far from the finished article, and Valencia is much better than a guy who can basically run with the ball. :rolleyes:

he certainly poses very little goal threat and has shown no improvement in this field during the entirety of his career, and will get a tough time from PL defenders as he's surprisingly weak for a 6'1 player.

For Bordeaux he made mostly sub appearances, why was that if he's gonna be a world beater, are you tellign me that in one fell swoop he's gone from average youngster with a chunk of potential to a future world beater? No. :o

Not a great crosser, poor positioning for a winger tbh and yes, these are all comign from football critics/pundits, not my opinion (my opinion is that he's been very overrated, and has had his crowning moment getting MVP in the Toulon Tournament, a competition that had 2 countries serious about it...).

Career so far:

1) Moved to Lorient (equivalent of Bolton/Hull IMO...)on loan after failing to impress at Bordeaux.

2) Bad finishing.

5) French Football forums, members of which know a lot more than you thor I have earmarked him as Mutton dressed as Lamb.

From what I've seen he can run with the ball. My dog can run with the ball, every winger on God's green earth can run with the ball, but he's going to be a world beater?

He's going to move on eventually IMO, and will never be more for his country than an U21/U23 international.[/quote']

Nothing to do with the fact he plays for United then ;)

Imo he is going to be good, whether world class Im not so sure. His touches are class but crosses are poor. But will progresss. Eamon Dunphy ( Irish Football Pundit and Football writer) Reckons Macheda is the only promising young player at United that played tonight and also reckons United won't win a major trophy in the next 5 years :eek:

gotta agree with spam on this one - the guy couldnt get into the bordeaux team last year and they happily sold him for £4m or so and he's looked ok so far, but so did nani at times in his first year - IMHO i'd be surprised if he was still a man united player 3 years from now as i dont think he'll be good enough for man united

No it's not. He's fast' date=' but he's not going to get into the French team any time soon, he's far, far from the finished article, and Valencia is much better than a guy who can basically run with the ball. :rolleyes:

Career so far:

2) Bad finishing.

He's going to move on eventually IMO, and will never be more for his country than an U21/U23 international.[/quote']

Jeez I didn't ask for a rant - I said it was ridiculous that you said he looks could because of Nani.

I know hes not going to get into the French national side anytime soon and I know he is far from the finished article but he has loads of potential.

You've given me a chunk load of info there but not 1 quote or source? And as you say its not your opinion its someone elses. Your opinion doesn't mean much as I doubt you've watched him play much and granted I haven't seen him play much before he came to United I'm basing my view on what I've seen of him at OT.

1. Mata was sold by Madrid, makes him a bad player?

2. Hes a winger, not a forward.

3. No idea... if you say so haven't seen anything to suggest that yet.

4. Thats why good coaching at United will develop this.

5. I would take what they say with a pinch of salt. Links? I dont know how many critics said Vermalean was no more than an average player who wouldn't make it at Arsenal. Now look.

6. Yep Blanc was surprised when United bought him.

All I can say is that time will tell. Your opinion is your and mine is mine. We will find out in the coming months and years.

Jeez I didn't ask for a rant - I said it was ridiculous that you said he looks could because of Nani.

I know hes not going to get into the French national side anytime soon and I know he is far from the finished article but he has loads of potential.

You've given me a chunk load of info there but not 1 quote or source? And as you say its not your opinion its someone elses. Your opinion doesn't mean much as I doubt you've watched him play much and granted I haven't seen him play much before he came to United I'm basing my view on what I've seen of him at OT.

1. Mata was sold by Madrid' date=' makes him a bad player?

2. Hes a winger, not a forward.

3. No idea... if you say so haven't seen anything to suggest that yet.

4. Thats why good coaching at United will develop this.

5. I would take what they say with a pinch of salt. Links? I dont know how many critics said Vermalean was no more than an average player who wouldn't make it at Arsenal. Now look.

6. Yep Blanc was surprised when United bought him.

All I can say is that time will tell. Your opinion is your and mine is mine. We will find out in the coming months and years.[/quote']

1) Mata was sold with a buyback clause... :rolleyes:

2) Where did I say he was a forward? :o:confused:

3) 5 years of it tells me more than I need to know from 3 months at united...

4) You can't teach consistency overnight... This is more of a player's mentality. Obertan is renowned in France for his weak mental state for the game.

5) Vermaelen is a regular at arsenal, almost all Ajax fans believed he'd succeed... Bordeaux fans are glad to be shot of Obertan as far as I, and the vast majority of Bordeaux fans are concerned.

6) Blanc didn't put up much of a fight did he? ;):rolleyes: he intervened when bids for Planus and Chamakh were made.

Though I feel I shouldn't waste my time with you as the only thing you seem to do is go to club threads and spout nonsense.

No it's not. He's fast' date=' but he's not going to get into the French team any time soon, he's far, far from the finished article, and Valencia is much better than a guy who can basically run with the ball. :rolleyes:[/quote']

If a certain Abou Diaby can get into the French team there's absolutely no reason why Obertan can't. Find me a quote where anyone says hes a finished article. And despite your claims of having watched him a lot you don't know too much about him do you. Even in the short time I have seen him play hes shown he does much more than just run with the ball.

he certainly poses very little goal threat and has shown no improvement in this field during the entirety of his career' date=' and will get a tough time from PL defenders as he's surprisingly weak for a 6'1 player.

Not a great crosser, poor positioning for a winger tbh and yes, these are all comign from football critics/pundits, not my opinion (my opinion is that he's been very overrated, and has had his crowning moment getting MVP in the Toulon Tournament, a competition that had 2 countries serious about it...).[/quote']

He will definitely bulk up at United. No doubt about that. And some quotes would or links would be nice. In every games hes played for us so far hes had an impact. Hasn't struggled at all.

2) Bad finishing.

3) Lacks motivation (easily displaced by Gouffran' date=' didn't care etc...)

[/quote']

1. Ritchie De Laet. Couldn't get a game for stoke. Pre-Season absolute beast against Valencia. Very good for the reserves. Rewarded with a new contract.

Mata- Sold by Real now gets called up for Spain. And there are many more instances of players being sold who then go on to make a name for themselves.

2. Maybe.

3. Maybe.

4. And hes been at 2 clubs before this in his teens. You make it sound like hes 25 and has been at about 5 or 6 clubs.

5. Links.

6. Another point like the first one which proves nothing really. Liverpool were trying to offload Alonso. Hardly means hes a bad player. If he was that bad he wouldn't get signed by us.

From what I've seen he can run with the ball. My dog can run with the ball' date=' every winger on God's green earth can run with the ball, but he's going to be a world beater?

From what I have seen he can do more than that.So I got to question your eyesight here.