Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Front Runners

Lloris - Likely favourite - Levy £££?

Leno - Could be very good' date=' hard to pry him away, although CL could have a big factor in Utd's favour.

Cech - Another 3/4 years in him, would Chelsea let him go to Utd?

Begovic - Was linked years ago, Butland ready to take over.

[b']Dutchies[/b]

Krul

Cillissen the best out of the three dutchies by far

Zoet

Krul & Cillissen are the obvious ones, but Zoet is an interesting shout, especially with Valdes at the club.

Youngsters

Oblak - The preferred of the youngsters, but a lot depends on what Simeone decides over the summer.

Perin - Buffon heir to be.

Scuffet - Too young but bags of potential, again with experienced Valdes it could be interesting.

Horn - Literally the same as Scuffet.

Outsiders

Sommer - Is the dark horse.

Sirigu - Areola is very well thought of so not hard to see that the Italian could leave.

I would add Karius and Adrian as outsiders,although it may be a little far fetched.And Matthew Ryan of Brugge is a good goalie but beeing good in Belgium and England is probably something completely different...:D:rolleyes::pAlthough I would like to see him in the BPL at a midtableside one day.

ujUuG7qkuNg

The depressing thing about this video is it just highlights how much he has been able to improve in such a short time space and how much further he could go... some of those saves when you look back are absolutely stunning!

I really, really, really don't want to see De Gea leave... I genuinely think I would miss seeing him as much as I did Ronaldo which I never thought I'd say in my life about a Manchester United player.

Great video by the way good find!

David De Gea has been tricked into signing a new 10-year-deal by pranksters.

Jokers waited for the De Gea to greet fans after the match, then handed the 24-year-old a dubiously drawn up contract which the keeper promptly signs

contract reads: "I, David De Gea agree to sign a new contract for Manchester United Football Club for ten years unless Manchester United fail to play in the Champions League for two seasons running."

The depressing thing about this video is it just highlights how much he has been able to improve in such a short time space and how much further he could go... some of those saves when you look back are absolutely stunning!

I really' date=' really, really don't want to see De Gea leave... I genuinely think I would miss seeing him as much as I did Ronaldo which I never thought I'd say in my life about a Manchester United player.

Great video by the way good find![/quote']

Yeah, it really plays with your emotions that video! Especially the bit where it talks about the players Madrid have signed from us.

SkyBet odds on De Gea

Earlier this morning

Real Madrid 1/20, Stay here 10/1

Currently

Real Madrid 1/7, Stay Here 4/1

Begovic would probably be the most value for money signing out of all the realistic options I think.

Same contract situation to De Gea, last year next season. Meaning he would be available for less than is probably worth.

Didn't have the best start to the season but has picked up his form some what recently, obviously not at the same level as De Gea but he is a very good keeper and I think you could do a lot worse than him.

Begovic would probably be the most value for money signing out of all the realistic options I think.

Same contract situation to De Gea' date=' last year next season. Meaning he would be available for less than is probably worth.

Didn't have the best start to the season but has picked up his form some what recently, obviously not at the same level as De Gea but he is a very good keeper and I think you could do a lot worse than him.[/quote']

I think the club is really going to be looking for one of two things. Potential or current class.

Lloris/Cech = Current class

Leno etc = Potential

It all depends what they decide to do with Valdes if he's first choice then potential, if he's not then I'd expect someone like Lloris.

Begovic while physically emposing doesn't really fit into either category.

I think the club is really going to be looking for one of two things. Potential or current class.

Lloris/Cech = Current class

Leno etc = Potential

It all depends what they decide to do with Valdes if he's first choice then potential' date=' if he's not then I'd expect someone like Lloris.

Begovic while physically emposing doesn't really fit into either category.[/quote']

I agree on Lloris being the best option but I think you would need to pay a lot to get him.

Disagree on Begovic just being physically imposing, wasn't long ago he was considered to be one of the best in the league.

I don't really agree on everyone saying Leno is a great buy for his potential, I don't see him improving a whole lot now and he isn't anything special.

Cutting a deal or buying Bale with the Madrid cash for De Gea would be the worst idea right now...

Unless Van Gaal has a secret formation with x3 left sided attackers/wingers in it to accommodate Young, Depay & Bale......

Is it the end for Januazj?

You should go for Modric or Benzema & be busting a gut to sign Cech....

;3097094']Cutting a deal or buying Bale with the Madrid cash for De Gea would be the worst idea right now...

Unless Van Gaal has a secret formation with x3 left sided attackers/wingers in it to accommodate Young' date=' Depay & Bale......

You should go for Modric or Benzema & be busting a gut to sign Cech....[/quote']

Why do they need Cech? They have Valdes. Bale can play in the middle and be fantastic like he showed at Tottenham and was still quality on the right for Real last season. Doubt any United fan really cares about accommodating Young if they have Depay and Bale anyway.

De Gea has a year left on his contract and if he was going to sign a deal he would of done it by now. He's off to Madrid.

Firstly they have Valdes so there isn't much pressure on van gaal to buy a keeper but if he should then Begovic or lloris is the number 1 and 2 pick.

Personally I hate all this trade for bale rubbish. English media just love bale to much and the idea of him coming back. He just does not fit in. Depay can do what Bale does.

For me United have bigger fish to fry then some bale swap. If you want to swap then go get Varane or Ramos. Someone who will make a good dam difference.

I heard he did a Van Nistelrooy and he is out for a year! :D:p
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooow :D:D

Depay has passed his medical and the club will work towards finalising the registration by the time the window starts.

Sorry Keith and Trollsen :P

1. Cech is far better than ok.

2. Nelson Valdez is a striker.

3. You don't have Valdez' date=' Eintracht Frankfurt do.[/quote']

Nothing like he was before, there for, I say he is ok.

You know very well I mean Valdes. That's just posting for the sake of it.:rolleyes:

De Gea has a year left on his contract and if he was going to sign a deal he would of done it by now. He's off to Madrid.

Firstly they have Valdes so there isn't much pressure on van gaal to buy a keeper but if he should then Begovic or lloris is the number 1 and 2 pick.

Personally I hate all this trade for bale rubbish. English media just love bale to much and the idea of him coming back. He just does not fit in. Depay can do what Bale does.

For me United have bigger fish to fry then some bale swap. If you want to swap then go get Varane or Ramos. Someone who will make a good dam difference.

Some players Like to sign contracts at end of season - not a distraction in season

Valdes isn't good enough, Lloris or Oblak my choices

About the Bale thing you talk about - I think Varane signed a new contract(not sure) and now he getting game time he wanted, Ramos is Mr Madrid, he won't go

Media makes a lot of stories so they get viewers and sell papers - Latest is De Gea having fresh talks with United over a 4 years deal with £250k a week

Also got to think who is Madrid manager going to be, Ancelotti stays - he wants Casillas his no.1 and also Perez has been quiet on the matter

Really hope he signs, United stuck by him when times were hard for him, been with United since summer 2011, United all love him as United keeper

;3097094']Cutting a deal or buying Bale with the Madrid cash for De Gea would be the worst idea right now...

Unless Van Gaal has a secret formation with x3 left sided attackers/wingers in it to accommodate Young' date=' Depay & Bale......

You should go for Modric or Benzema & be busting a gut to sign Cech....[/quote']

When was the last time Bale played on the left? Hes been primarily used on the right at Madrid and through the centre in his last year at Tottenham.

If you believe De Gea will sign a new contract (not naming any names but its blatently obvious who) then you have seriously tainted glasses on. Hes off to Madrid without a shadow of a doubt.

When was the last time Bale played on the left? Hes been primarily used on the right at Madrid and through the centre in his last year at Tottenham.

Yeah, if Bale gets back to being Bale, then he could even play as a CF for us.