Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Latest United rumours-

Man utd approaching FC Twente over 17 yrs old Netherlands winger/midfielder Bilal Ould-Chikh' date=' cost cost only £1mil and attracting interest around Europe

Man Utd ready Cillessen bid - Think United going to be linked with anyone from Netherlands

Man Utd offering De Gea £250k a week on a 4 years deal to stay

Man Utd open to Evans exit - Must mean a CB coming in

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has told Iker Casillas that he is still part of the club's plans for next season - True or not idk

Other news

Van Gaal had given Giggs had a clip round the back of the head for outbidding him in a charity auction for a round of golf

Pereira named best U21 player

People need to see LVG funny 8 minute speech, It had Gary Neville laughing[/quote']

Cilessen not for sale, according to club.

Hope Bilal joins , I've got him in a couple for GWs. :P

Let Evans go, no problem.

His speech was hilarious, had me laughing too.

Hummels has supposedly agreed to stay at BVB.

Otamendi it is then.

Surely not?

At the moment though Hummels seems the only player we are almost assured of getting.
The only player who stands out to me as a pretty much done deal is Hummels but even then I'd imagine that relies on us getting a top 4 place.
Subotic will not leave' date=' Hummels looks every day more likely to leave for United in the summer but Subotic is going knowhere.[/quote']

Hummels has supposedly agreed to stay at BVB.

Otamendi it is then.

I'd wait till tomorrow before saying that.

All that has been released so far is...

"It made sense that Mats was thinking about his future but I always pointed out that we plan [for the future] with him' date='"

Doesn't say for certain he will stay and the source is from GOAL.com who are just plain awful for this kind of thing...

Either way we know United will strengthen, I'll be genuinely shocked for once if we don't sign him as him and Depay were the only players I felt very, very confident about.

Surely not?

We'll see what happens. In any case I'd put good money on United having a better bigger window that City.

"It made sense that Mats was thinking about his future but I always pointed out that we plan [for the future] with him' date='"

Doesn't say for certain he will stay and the source is from GOAL.com who are just plain awful for this kind of thing...

Either way we know United will strengthen, I'll be genuinely shocked for once if we don't sign him as him and Depay were the only players I felt very, very confident about.

We'll see what happens. In any case I'd put good money on United having a better bigger window that City.[/quote']

The original source is Kicker,not goal.com.

Actually I watch a bit of Spanish football' date='and I have to say I am a fan of Otamendi,I would also argue that he could suit the premier league better than Hummels to be honest..[/quote']

I don't think he's good enough, but i admit that he had a very good season at Valencia.

Germany international Mats Hummels has rejected a move to Manchester United, according to his club Borussia Dortmund.

United have been interested in Hummels for a while and he is on manager Louis van Gaal's list of transfer targets this summer.

But Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc claimed on Wednesday night that the £37million-rated defender will stay at the Bundesliga club.

Now as gossip goes,this is all over the Internet,and several other sources.

Doesn't mean it true,but goes to show the summer recruitment might be a little bit harder than anticipated.

The only good thing about this from a Utds point of view is that's it not on Sky Sports(yet).

We'll see what happens. In any case I'd put good money on United having a better bigger window that City.[/quote']

Not so sure now,with FFP reportedly being being relaxed,bet City and PSG to go huge once it's ratified.

Germany international Mats Hummels has rejected a move to Manchester United' date=' according to his club Borussia Dortmund.

United have been interested in Hummels for a while and he is on manager Louis van Gaal's list of transfer targets this summer.

But Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc claimed on Wednesday night that the £37million-rated defender will stay at the Bundesliga club.

Now as gossip goes,this is all over the Internet,and several other sources.

Doesn't mean it true,but goes to show the summer recruitment might be a little bit harder than anticipated.

The only good thing about this from a Utds point of view is that's it not on Sky Sports(yet).[/quote']

at this point i could see united trying for the othe Dortmund CB, Subotic.

I've seen Otamendi about 10 times, with the last one being against Barcelona where he was brilliant 1v1 against Messi which is always a good sign. Doesn't look great on the ball though.

Glad we're not signing Hummels though. Much rather Otamendi than the horribly overrated Hummels.

On a side, we've bottled 3rd place. That 3 game losing streak might end up proving costly.

Hummels isn't overrated; he's just had a bad season by his standards' date=' that's all.

Otamendi won't come either - Valencia have an interesting project.[/quote']

I'm none to fussed on either really, we will improve on what we have at CB, whether it's one of the aforementioned players of someone else.

Personally I always prefer United to purchase younger players, therefore names such as Laporte, Varane, Marquinhos etc would be my preference. However all of those are unlikely and some may argue we need experience at CB, personally I'd rather talent over experience (Hummels obviously has both though).

Either way, exciting times ahead this summer.

I'm none to fussed on either really' date=' we will improve on what we have at CB, whether it's one of the aforementioned players of someone else.

Personally I always prefer United to purchase younger players, therefore names such as Laporte, Varane, Marquinhos etc would be my preference. However all of those are unlikely and some may argue we need experience at CB, personally I'd rather talent over experience (Hummels obviously has both though).

Either way, exciting times ahead this summer.[/quote']

Might as well remove Varane from that list - definition of overrated.

Hummels isn't overrated; he's just had a bad season by his standards' date=' that's all.

Otamendi won't come either - Valencia have an interesting project.[/quote']

He really is. Has been terrible this season and wasn't too great last time round either. He's also good for simple schoolboy errors the likes of which some of our defenders get crucified for. He's just not very good and hasn't been for a couple of years.

So do we with a better chance at winning things and with a higher pay deal. He also has a release clause so we know what to pay if we want him and there will be no messing about. That said, I haven't seen enough of him to be too bothered either way.

Utd signed some Belgian 16-year old GK. I have a question (probably stupid): why wouldn't Utd be transfer banned for signing an under-age player, like Barca? Or is it a legal transfer, like Odegaard? Quite confused.

Utd signed some Belgian 16-year old GK. I have a question (probably stupid): why wouldn't Utd be transfer banned for signing an under-age player' date=' like Barca? Or is it a legal transfer, like Odegaard? Quite confused.[/quote']

If United done it the right way then all will be fine.

Barcelona if I'm not mistaken tapped up u16 players against the other teams wishes.

Utd signed some Belgian 16-year old GK. I have a question (probably stupid): why wouldn't Utd be transfer banned for signing an under-age player' date=' like Barca? Or is it a legal transfer, like Odegaard? Quite confused.[/quote']

International transfers are not permitted unless they are part of the EU or a bunch of other regulation which Barcelona failed. As an example, we signed Macheda when he was 16 but had to wait until Rafael/Fabio turned 18 to sign them.

Apparently we have inquired about Sterling in a sensational attempt to make some sort of a bid.:eek: I was only saying the other day on the Liverpool thread how much I would and wouldn't pay for him, and how he isn't going to get any better then what he is now.

Interesting now. I stand by what I said price wise. As for him getting any better, well, perhaps if he was with more talented and world class players around him, e.g Di Maria, Rooney, RVP , Carrick, Herrerer, Depay, Falcao, I'm sure he could turn into the running goal scoring machine we know he could be.

I think he is restricted at Liverpool. He can't do much more due to not having the talent/players around him to grow. This is all speculation of course, but hey, I'd welcome to guy.