Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

Well same could have been said about Southampton earlier in the season but they did challenge so I'd say you check your words Ben' date=' its going to be expensive :P Moreover, Everton is almost par if not better then the likes of Spurs,Pool and Southampton with Liverpool maybe being a bit better side.

Top 4 is a bit unrealistic but that is definitely what they should target.[/quote']

It just won't happen, it requires complete capitulation from too many clubs.

United will strengthen next season significantly, Arsenal will, Chelsea don't need to and Manchester City definitely will.

Everton don't have the finances to compete for the top 4 heck they'd do well to get Europa league football next season. That is a good target for them, albeit a challenging one!

Also look at Southampton now though, nowhere near the top 4, they had people worried for a while but generally a team without a top squad fades in the second half of a season regardless of the first team ability.

Everton are not a better side than Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton, they have been terrible this season. There is absolutely no argument here to say Everton are even as good as those clubs, look at their current league position they are 13 points behind Southampton, who have scored more and conceded way less they are even behind Stoke and Swansea which TBH doesn't surprise me because they are now IMO better than Everton as a team. They might not have big names like Baines and Barkley but they have done better this season.

Basically Everton are nowhere near Top 4, in the history of the PL no team has gone from 10th place to 4th, it won't happen, never has and never will and the only team to have ever come close (Manchester City 08/09 - 09/10 10th - 5th) took record levels of investment and billionaire owners to bring them up close. Everton won't have that so it's impossible.

So do you still think Everton are better?

We probably wont have Europe next year (unless West Ham start a massive fight) so that will be an advantage to us as it really hindered us this season. Also injuries didn't help meaning we have had to play the likes of Alcaraz. Eto'o also apparently caused a lot of trouble in the dressing room (since he has gone we have been much better). Despite this I can't think of many times we have been out played this season (Kiev aside). With the right additions (such as a LM and an actual back up striker) I think we will be in and around the likes of Liverpool and Spurs but I agree we will not get top 4 as that ship sailed last year when we bottled it.

Europa League is your best possible finish IMO, there's no shame in that either as some big clubs have dropped down to that level, Liverpool for example and I think many an Everton fan would love to finish ahead of Liverpool in the league.

You have had injuries, but not as many as United... :P without injuries to Carrick for example I reckon United would comfortably have finished 3rd at least this season, which is surprising to say the least.

You're a very good PL team, top 10 for me, but as you've fallen in the league other clubs like Stoke, Swansea etc, have started to progress and stabilise themselves, Stoke aren't a punt ball team anymore and have some solid players and a decent PL squad, same with Swansea. It will be an interesting fight for 5th-7th next season though as I reckon Spurs, Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke and Everton all are in with a shot of 7th place.

Valdes' date=' Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Young, Rooney[/quote']

Subs: Lindegaard, McNair, Blackett, Fellaini, Januzaj, van Persie, Wilson.

So, Falcao, Evans, Rafael and whoever else who are likely not to get a start again will have to watch from home/stands.

Di Maria gets a first start since March. Lindegaard gets his last bench seat. And probably RvP as well. I hope Januzaj and Wilson come off the bench.

Subs: Lindegaard' date=' McNair, Blackett, Fellaini, Januzaj, van Persie, Wilson.

So, Falcao, Evans, [b']Rafael[/b] and whoever else who are likely not to get a start again will have to watch from home/stands.

Di Maria gets a first start since March. Lindegaard gets his last bench seat. And probably RvP as well. I hope Januzaj and Wilson come off the bench.

Be hard for Rafael, as he broke some ribs in U21 game few weeks back

No Falcao in either subs' date=' or Starting XI. That's definitely a bye-bye for him.[/quote']

Some papers were saying that Utd had to sign him if he started 14 and scored 5. He's on 14 and 4 now. May mean something.

Saw that on espnfc boot room chat.

Ok' date=' Utd can't make top 3 by any chance now. So, don't mind if they lose, if it means Newcastle go down as well...[/quote']
Oh well' date=' come on United

Just want Spurs and Southampton to win n liverpool to lose,

Liverpool are losing, Spurs winning, just southampton now[/quote']

You didn't seriously think you would do it did you ? :rolleyes:

Damn Valdes...

Can't stop laughing at the Stoke game

I was laughing up till 4-0 then realising what I was seeing, Liverpool FC RIP...

Have you seen the Arsenal game! They looks scary with Walcott upfront absolutely tearing West Brom apart!

Valdes proving that he is a phenomenal shot-stopper - what a save. He could very well serve United in the same way Edwin did. All he needs to do is work on consistency - Hull could have easily capitalised on his mistake.

Hull have been very good, possibly even deserving a lead.

Blind MOTH, Jones second.