Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Manchester United Thread

It just won't happen' date=' it requires complete capitulation from too many clubs.

United will strengthen next season significantly, Arsenal will, Chelsea don't need to and Manchester City definitely will.

Everton don't have the finances to compete for the top 4 heck they'd do well to get Europa league football next season. That is a good target for them, albeit a challenging one!

Also look at Southampton now though, nowhere near the top 4, they had people worried for a while but generally a team without a top squad fades in the second half of a season regardless of the first team ability.

Everton are not a better side than Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton, they have been terrible this season. There is absolutely no argument here to say Everton are even as good as those clubs, look at their current league position they are 13 points behind Southampton, who have scored more and conceded way less they are even behind Stoke and Swansea which TBH doesn't surprise me because they are now IMO better than Everton as a team. They might not have big names like Baines and Barkley but they have done better this season.

Basically Everton are nowhere near Top 4, in the history of the PL no team has gone from 10th place to 4th, it won't happen, never has and never will and the only team to have ever come close (Manchester City 08/09 - 09/10 10th - 5th) took record levels of investment and billionaire owners to bring them up close. Everton won't have that so it's impossible.

So do you still think Everton are better?[/quote']

Well Everton went from 17th to 4th.

In all seriousness that was another pathetic performance. Another season of this and LG might struggle to keep his job.

LVG got his philosophy into United but need investment in players to boost them, United weren't playing for nothing, only a Miracle 3rd

Long essays beaten by one sentence. Epic! and i like it

Well I did say 10th to 4th...

Anyway do you not agree with me though that Everton have no chance of top 4 or do you agree that they should be aiming for Champions League football?

My argument still stands that Everton will not be thinking about top 4 next season Europa league though is something they could look at.

Well I did say 10th to 4th...

Anyway do you not agree with me though that Everton have no chance of top 4 or do you agree that they should be aiming for Champions League football?

My argument still stands that Everton will not be thinking about top 4 next season Europa league though is something they could look at.

I agree with you ben

Top 4 will stay the same but in different positions as they have money power

Liverpool fans will argue they will fight

Everton realistic target is Europa, evenknow they can struggle in Europe sometimes but they have big competition from Spurs, Southampton and even Swansea could battle in my mind

Season Summary?

Overall it was a 6/10 season for me. Objective achieved but the quality of football for the most part was very poor. The constant tinkering to the system and repeatedly playing players out of position was very annoying. Injuries need to be looked at for the next season. I look at someone like Chelsea and it's baffling how few injuries they have despite playing many more games. Maybe the answer is to sign a hot physio? I don't know but we can't keep on going like this season after season.

The signings in the summer were a mixed bag. Di Maria started very well but has progressively become worse and worse. I'm no longer sure where he fits in if at all. Rojo and Blind have been decent as back ups. I don't see them ever becoming regulars in the team. Herrera has been the pick up of the bunch. I said 30m was overpriced for him at the start of the season despite him being a good player but I think I might have to change my mind on that. Looks a fantastic little player. Shaw looks phenomenally talented but has had frustrating season. Falcao has been crap and a waste of everyone's time.

Player of the season: De Gea

Best Defender: Chris Smalling

Best Midfielder: Ander Herrera

Best Striker: Wayne Rooney

Goal of the Season: Mata vs Liverpool

Young Player of the Season: NA

Going into the new season, we absolutely need a new RB and a young back up CM. Valencia has proven to be incompetent time and again and relying on Blind to fill in for Carrick has proven to be a ridiculous idea. Another area we need to strengthen in up front. None of our strikers look good enough and we are in dire need of a quick pacy striker who's comfortable playing up top on his own. Depay is a good talent but it remains to be seen whether he can add some much needed creativity to the team.

Touche' date=' forgot about 04/05 but surely you'll agree there's no chance of it happening again.[/quote']

I agree, just had to point that out :P We missed our chance last year when you lot were terrible.

On topic well done to United be nice to see you lot and Rooney ( yeah I actually like him) back in the CL.

Season Summary?

Overall it was a 6/10 season for me. Objective achieved but the quality of football for the most part was very poor. The constant tinkering to the system and repeatedly playing players out of position was very annoying. Injuries need to be looked at for the next season. I look at someone like Chelsea and it's baffling how few injuries they have despite playing many more games. Maybe the answer is to sign a hot physio? I don't know but we can't keep on going like this season after season.

The signings in the summer were a mixed bag. Di Maria started very well but has progressively become worse and worse. I'm no longer sure where he fits in if at all. Rojo and Blind have been decent as back ups. I don't see them ever becoming regulars in the team. Herrera has been the pick up of the bunch. I said 30m was overpriced for him at the start of the season despite him being a good player but I think I might have to change my mind on that. Looks a fantastic little player. Shaw looks phenomenally talented but has had frustrating season. Falcao has been crap and a waste of everyone's time.

Best Midfielder: Ander Herrera

Young Player of the Season: NA

Going into the new season' date=' we absolutely need a new RB and a young back up CM. Valencia has proven to be incompetent time and again and relying on Blind to fill in for Carrick has proven to be a ridiculous idea. Another area we need to strengthen in up front. None of our strikers look good enough and we are in dire need of a quick pacy striker who's comfortable playing up top on his own. Depay is a good talent but it remains to be seen whether he can add some much needed creativity to the team.[/quote']

Objectives: 8/10

Got top 4 which was what we needed, would have been great to get 3rd and automatic CL but we can't complain here. We did what we needed to.

Injuries 0/10

As you say injuries played a big role and something that drastically needs to be resolved for next season during pre-season be it new staff or new regimes.

Goalkeeper 10/10

De Gea has been amazing this season and Valdes has shown today that he's not rubbish with 1 excellent and 1 very good save. Keeping hold of De Gea is a priority though without him this season we would be looking at Europa for sure...

Defenders 6.5/10

Chris Smalling has been something of a revelation and if Phil Jones could stop getting injured he's a decent back up. Rojo has done well since arriving but Evans needs to go. Blackett is a squaddie at best but for me Paddy McNair has shown enough to be safe next season, I think he's very good for his age. Rafael and Valencia need reviewing/ replacing with a proper RB but Valencia served us well this season. Luke Shaw looks very promising, we just need to look after him.

Midfielders 6/10

Ashley Young a surprise package, Fellaini pretty good, Di Maria needs to do better, Blind meh, Januzaj lost, Carrick outstanding, Mata good but for me Ander Herrera (as I said at the start of the season) has been exactly what United need. We definitely need another CM though...

Strikers 4/10

Other than Rooney shocking, Falcao needs to be on the next train back to Monaco, RVP looks woefully slow but still scored a few for us... James Wilson looks bloody quick and promising and definitely should be kept. Diagnosis need another striker!!!

Transfers 7/10

We sold some of the rubbish, getting rid of Anderson feels like a 10! But some of the players have under performed. Really though everyone bar Falcao has helped the club improve slightly, it's just hard to see.

Overall 5.928/10

Not a disaster but plenty to work on...

Best Midfielder: Ander Herrera/ Ashley Young

Young Player of the Season: Paddy McNair

Future Requirements

GK - Hope not

RB - Hope so

CB - Definitely need one top class...

CDM/CM - Can't rely on Carrick solely

Wing - Depay a nice addition but one more would be lovely

ST - A must

Ideal Transfer Window

GK - De Gea stays

RB - Clyne/Alves

CB - Hummels/Otamendi

CDM/CM - Schweinsteiger

Wing - Bale

ST - Lacazette

Realistic Transfer Window

RB - Clyne/Alves

CB - Otamendi

CDM - Hard to say

Wing - No one

ST - Hard to say

A decent season no matter how you look at it. We finished 4th and could well be back into CL. Hit by a lot of injuries early on in the season and the.n Throughout.

Players came in, not performing all how we would of liked but still we got results. I think LvG is in he right track, obviously more time is needed. De Gea no doubt our player of the season, saved our rear ends so many times.

Next season will be interesting. LvG knows what he needs to do and what areas he needs to work on and buy in.

Now, I must go over to that over side congratulate that hopeless lot on finishing ahead of us. I was determined they wouldn't and they did.

Another heavy summer is coming according to LVG.Is this the right thing to do? Another turnover of a lot of players?
Falcao has officially gone back to Monaco..

Yes, an overhaul is needed. Lot of deadwood in the squad. Meanwhile, bye Falcao, all the bets, sad that it didn't work out.

Really want Falcao to move to another Premier League club and absolutely destroy the league. Louis misused him completely.

Yeah he played him upfront... :P

Honestly you can't blame Louis for Falcao, it's obvious he's not good enough after his injury and a year or so in the French league.

I've seen Falcao play, tracked his movement, watched how he works etc and he just isn't the Falcao of A.Madrid anymore.

His movement tends to be putting himself between the ball and a defender, he works pretty hard but at the wrong times and he doesn't curve his runs like a top striker anymore.

The best news of the window so far is him leaving the club, it was a risk that didn't pay off and I can't see any PL club giving him a chance because he's shown them so little to offer.

Man United season in stats

Game won 52.6%

Defence side

Conceded 37 nearly 1 per game

11 clean sheets

4 Pens United gave away

Tackles - won 548 out of 739

Duels - won 2089 out of 4089

Aerial - won 600 out of 1187

Distribution

Passing accuracy 85.1% - Own half 92.5%, opposition half 79.8%