• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

So I've managed to steer clear of rumour discussion for a little while but with pre-season approaching and Manchester United no doubt wanting to get business sorted before then I thought I'd throw my two cents in regarding our 'transfer targets' though I use that term looser than the undergarments of an inebriated Salford lady.

Sergio Ramos - He's playing a game and it's not football, however it does require balls. The chances of him staying at Real Madrid are higher than anyone who genuinely believes Ramos is interested in swapping sunny Spain for Costa Del Trafford. Very good defender but likelihood of happening 1/10.

Schneiderlin - Perhaps a bit more likely given he's publicly stated he wants Champions League football but Manchester United cannot guarantee that as of yet whereas the likes of Arsenal can. I think that he will end up either here or there and I don't see any chance of Southampton keeping a hold of him for yet another window. At £25m it might seem high but he's PL experienced and shown he can protect a back 4 while starting attacks and he's yet to reach his peak years. A fairly sensible signing to pursue. Likelihood of moving to United IMO is 5/10 with Arsenal occupying the remaining 5/10.

Schweinsteiger - A great CM and would no doubt be a perfect replacement for Carrick but we live in the real world and leaving Munich just doesn't seem on the cards. He would be the first German first team player potentially in history (though I'd have to double check) which in itself shows how unlikely a transfer it would be. Likelihood 1/10

Kane - A tough one to decide on, at Spurs he'd have first team football guaranteed which is arguably more important at this stage of his career, if United were genuinely interested though I am sure he would see the appeal. I don't think he's a one season wonder but equally I'd be concerned at shelling out anywhere near the reported £40m for his signature. Could United get him... I think so. But will they attempt to sign him? Likelihood 2/10.

United still need a CB, CM and ST urgently and a new RB would also be nice too. With RVP looking destined to leave it would appear that United will be pursuing another ST soon. The only problem is who?

I question whether the signings aren't being processed asap with the lingering switch from Nike to Adidas due to happen August 1st. Adidas won't want players revealed in their competitors kit from the previous year. It makes sense if Adidas are pushing for signings to be completed closer to the August 1st date. I'm not saying that's 100% the case but I offer it here, to the forum, for you to at least consider.

I question whether the signings aren't being processed asap with the lingering switch from Nike to Adidas due to happen August 1st. Adidas won't want players revealed in their competitors kit from the previous year. It makes sense if Adidas are pushing for signings to be completed closer to the August 1st date. I'm not saying that's 100% the case but I offer it here' date=' to the forum, for you to at least consider.[/quote']

That's quite reasonable, good point made!

In other news, Nani is gone. Bye-bye.

I question whether the signings aren't being processed asap with the lingering switch from Nike to Adidas due to happen August 1st. Adidas won't want players revealed in their competitors kit from the previous year. It makes sense if Adidas are pushing for signings to be completed closer to the August 1st date. I'm not saying that's 100% the case but I offer it here' date=' to the forum, for you to at least consider.[/quote']

Not the reason as we signed Depay already. If it was a kit issue, sign them but don't do the holding up shirt picture until Adidas comes in

As ive been pointed out in a forumers whatsapp convo' date=' at least one good thing has come from the new forums... No tony! ???[/quote']

actually hadnt even noticed until you brought it to my attention, i kinda miss him, at least he sparked some sort of convo, these tumble weeds are dull and boring.

Looks like Darmian is going to be United new RB

16' date='000 players linked but Utd have been working hard behind the scenes to get this deal done.

Goes to show you shouldn't believe everything you read (I literally mean [i']you[/i]).

Will be a good signing, young, both footed and can play in the centre too.

Surprised that you passed up on Clyne who's younger' date=' has 3 seasons worth of experience in the PL and more importantly went for a similar price tag for Darmian who seems talented but is ultimately untested in England. Perhaps LVG wants to revert to a back 5 since Darmian has experience playing in that system for Italy....[/quote']

Only marginally younger, and experience counts for very little nowadays.

Louis won't go back to five in the back; suicidal to say the least.

Surprised that you passed up on Clyne who's younger' date=' has 3 seasons worth of experience in the PL and more importantly went for a similar price tag for Darmian who seems talented but is ultimately untested in England. Perhaps LVG wants to revert to a back 5 since Darmian has experience playing in that system for Italy....[/quote']

Darmian has played in Europe and for Italy and been impressive - attracting big clubs to him

I hope if we do get him - he solves that Right side out

Louis want Schneiderlain before United fly to America

Finally WoodWard has woken up, Still waiting on CB, Midfield area, and striker - still thought United get busy done early

Many sources reporting that Darmian is a done deal - absolutely ecstatic, as this can only mean that Rafael is now well and truly out!

In the meantime, I've been checking out some of his performances over the course of the season, and I do have to say that I am very impressed. The memory of him molesting England during the 2014 World Cup will obviously linger on for quite a bit longer than his performances for Torino, but there is not much about his general play that I can fault.

I do have to admit that I was initially disappointed to see Clyne go to Liverpool, but in hindsight, it has to be beneficial for both clubs. Clyne is a fast-paced, direct player; a player that would suit Liverpool's style perfectly. However, in possession, Darmian is far superior; far more composed on the ball and having a better pass in both feet, and that suits United's game more.

I haven't watched any Torino games last years to see Darmian style, all i heard he has great pace, both footed and good in the air, he was in team of the year last 2 years(not sure about season just gone)

I really liked Rafael as RB but I guess injures and his mysterious knee problems stopped him getting to a higher level, can always remember his goal vs Liverpool

Reports that United want Otamendi and Ramos as United CB partners