Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Sell Blackett' date=' are you kidding?

And loaning out Wilson: we hardly have any strikers left. It's Rooney and Hernandez (who should be leaving). Throw in Depay there, but there's nobody else.

Valdes/De Gea: We all don't want DdG leaving, but I can imagine him in Real colours by the end of the window. Will be a coup if Woodward ties him down to a new contract.[/quote']

My mistake, i meant loan them 3, keep Rooney

DDG gone on US Tour so he staying, hope we can convince him to stay like Dortmund done to Gundogan etc

My mistake' date=' i meant loan them 3, keep Rooney

DDG gone on US Tour so he staying, hope we can convince him to stay like Dortmund done to Gundogan etc[/quote']

So because he's gone on the tour he's staying? Lol. You have such a biased mentality its unreal. The slightest incling of a transfer going in your favour and you're the first to spout up, but when the shoe is on the other foot, you don't mention a thing.

No opinion on Ramos been Reals new captain then?

Tour squad announced: Tyler Blackett, Daley Blind, Michael Carrick, Matteo Darmian, David De Gea, Memphis Depay, Jonny Evans, Marouane Fellaini, Sean Goss, Ander Herrera, Adnan Januzaj, Sam Johnstone, Phil Jones, Anders Lindegaard, Jesse Lingard, Juan Manuel Mata, Patrick McNair, Andreas Pereira, Wayne Rooney, Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Antonio Valencia, James Wilson, Ashley Young.

Seems like a pretty obvious selection to me; only gutted to see that Josh Harrop has missed the selection, although Goss does make it.

Eager to see some good stuff from Lingard as well - hope the boy gets over his injuries and shows what he's made of.

My mistake' date=' i meant loan them 3, keep Rooney

DDG gone on US Tour so he staying, hope we can convince him to stay like Dortmund done to Gundogan etc[/quote']

In regards to DDG going on Tour it still means nothing, plenty have gone on tour in recent years and still moved... Nasri is one I recall off the top of my head.

The fact Madrid have let Casillas go means they are now in the market and I'd say it was a matter of days before a bid is launched.

Can see United replacing him IF or When he goes with Lloris which IMO wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

On the signings think you have done well with Morgan he will get the job done, Bastian is a big gamble much like Falcao but 15m isn't the biggest of losses if it fails.

Tour squad announced: Tyler Blackett' date=' Daley Blind, Michael Carrick, Matteo Darmian, David De Gea, Memphis Depay, Jonny Evans, Marouane Fellaini, Sean Goss, Ander Herrera, Adnan Januzaj, Sam Johnstone, Phil Jones, Anders Lindegaard, Jesse Lingard, Juan Manuel Mata, Patrick McNair, Andreas Pereira, Wayne Rooney, Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Antonio Valencia, James Wilson, Ashley Young.

Seems like a pretty obvious selection to me; only gutted to see that Josh Harrop has missed the selection, although Goss does make it.

Eager to see some good stuff from Lingard as well - hope the boy gets over his injuries and shows what he's made of.[/quote']

How about Valdes? Didn't hear anything about an injury. I wonder if the Antalyaspor rumours have some fuel in it....

Definitely wouldn't go to the extent of saying that Schweinsteiger (need to practise) is as big a risk as Falcao was. However, there's definitely an element of risk present, albeit which is lessened by the acquisition of Morgan.

Concerning Valdes, I can only imagine that he's stayed back to sort out those rumours. Seems like he's not too keen on going though.

You can sign as many defensive midfielders as you like' date=' there's only so much covering of Rojo, Jones, Smalling, McNair and Blackett you can do.[/quote']

But Spurs can't sign Schneiderlin ;)

I said earlier that Schneiderlin looked the most likely to join us so that for me wasn't a surprise, it was us or Arsenal and I'm glad he chose us because he offers exactly what we've been missing for a while now.

The biggest shock is Schweinsteiger! He's a top quality, world class CM player we haven't bought one of those in forever! It seems that Louis Van Gaal and Woodward are getting things done correctly this time.

At the start of the window we needed RB (Darmian), CB, DM (Schneiderlin), CM (Schweinsteiger), Wing (Depay), ST and so far we are only looking for a CB and ST now!

With RVP on his way out it seems incredibly likely that United will bring in another body but for me that is the hardest position to say with any certainty who we should/could sign.

As for CB's none of the above are terrible or liabilities. Blackett is IMO the worst of the 5 but Rojo showed a lot of battle, Jones (when fit) is all action, Smalling is very good at the fundamentals and is physically good enough and McNair is a very good young player IMO.

I would say that I would like to see another CB arrive at the club but with someone like Schneiderlin protecting the back 4 I am a little more relaxed if we don't. Ramos was always a pipe dream hence 1/10 but someone like Otamendi could still be possible.

What I expect to happen in the next few weeks...

RVP sold officially

United buy a ST from - Cavani, Benteke or Kane (in order of likelihood IMO)

De Gea leaves for Real Madrid

United buy a GK from - Lloris, Oblak, Leno, Cillessen

No more signings...

What I'd love happen

RVP sold officially

United buy Kane

De Gea stays

United buy Otamendi

I wake up from my dream.

So because he's gone on the tour he's staying? Lol. You have such a biased mentality its unreal. The slightest incling of a transfer going in your favour and you're the first to spout up' date=' but when the shoe is on the other foot, you don't mention a thing.

No opinion on Ramos been Reals new captain then?[/quote']

LVG gave Madrid an option - buy him before Us Tour or he not moving as he doesn't want Tour to be about De Gea saga

Ramos is captain, Madrid and United relationship has become sour with transfers now, wouldn't be surprised if United qualify for CL, United will have Madrid in their group as we all know the CL is a "random draw"

Benteke and Otamendi would cap off a brilliant transfer window for me. We should really activate the Benteke clause asap. I don't see a better striker available and it would be nice to have him on tour.

I'm presuming Darmian is no worse than Valencia or someone like Clyne. Never seen him play mind.

First and most of all, its a delight to see that the forum looks to be back! God I've missed it. I hope it stays this way.

I think everything has already been said by the likes of Ben and Ani so don't need to add much, My bit on the defenders though.

Smalling

Unfortunately he has been targeted because of his previous years and the ones who haven't seen United much are living on his past performances. Smalling was the first name I'd have wanted out when Moyes left and now he would be my partner for a potentially new CB.

Rojo

My favorite among the lot. He's good at tackling and keeps things calm at the back. A solid back up.

Blackett

He would have been easily the worst defender in our ranks but only for lord Evans. I agree that he's composed on the ball but he gets way too much complacent and lazy at times hence resulting in blunders.

Evans

Least said, the better.

Jones

Now this is a really interesting one that would divide the fans. For me, he plays his heart out but hasn't got a future at United in my eyes. He is positionally inept and goes into careless challenges, both of which are unacceptable for a title challenging team's defender.

First and most of all' date=' its a delight to see that the forum looks to be back! God I've missed it. I hope it stays this way.

I think everything has already been said by the likes of Ben and Ani so don't need to add much, My bit on the defenders though.

[u']Smalling[/u]

Unfortunately he has been targeted because of his previous years and the ones who haven't seen United much are living on his past performances. Smalling was the first name I'd have wanted out when Moyes left and now he would be my partner for a potentially new CB.

Rojo

My favorite among the lot. He's good at tackling and keeps things calm at the back. A solid back up.

Blackett

He would have been easily the worst defender in our ranks but only for lord Evans. I agree that he's composed on the ball but he gets way too much complacent and lazy at times hence resulting in blunders.

Evans

Least said, the better.

Jones

Now this is a really interesting one that would divide the fans. For me, he plays his heart out but hasn't got a future at United in my eyes. He is positionally inept and goes into careless challenges, both of which are unacceptable for a title challenging team's defender.

Sell Evans and jones, only thing is jones signed a new contract recently so don't know where that leaves him.

And Lloris broke his wrist (timely), so if ddg leaves, another replacement is required.

haha' date=' you should rather spend 17m on Paulinho, 30m on Lamela.

God, everyone's jealous.[/quote']

Are you honestly telling me Schneiderlin for £25m is good value? Also Tottenham was a different market when you sell someone for a world record fee. Those fees you mentioned are also heavily enhanced by the performance related add ons that neither player made. Don't worry though, you keep praising your precious monkey that 18 months ago you all wanted sacked.

Anyone who wants to keep Rooney 'it's not about the money' is a moron!

Man U suck more than a Dyson Hoover and the only thing that sucks more is their fans, 99% of whom have never seen them live!

Seriously... Anyone who didn't want Ramos to bolster their defence is a moron!...

Man U suck more than a Dyson Hoover and the only thing that sucks more is their fans' date=' 99% of whom have never seen them live!

Seriously... Anyone who didn't want Ramos to bolster their defence is a moron!... [/quote']

If the window is jammed, maybe try opening the door instead.

Are you honestly telling me Schneiderlin for £25m is good value? Also Tottenham was a different market when you sell someone for a world record fee. Those fees you mentioned are also heavily enhanced by the performance related add ons that neither player made. Don't worry though' date=' you keep praising your precious monkey that 18 months ago you all wanted sacked.[/quote']

Well he's only 25, easily one of the best DMs in the league and United really needed a player like him. I think the fee is justified based on those 3 facts alone. How much would you say he's worth?

Man U suck more than a Dyson Hoover and the only thing that sucks more is their fans, 99% of whom have never seen them live!

Seriously... Anyone who didn't want Ramos to bolster their defence is a moron!... It's stinks in here I have to go and open a window #manure

Cry more

Are you honestly telling me Schneiderlin for £25m is good value? Also Tottenham was a different market when you sell someone for a world record fee. Those fees you mentioned are also heavily enhanced by the performance related add ons that neither player made. Don't worry though' date=' you keep praising your precious monkey that 18 months ago you all wanted sacked.[/quote']

Sour, sour grapes. Schneiderlin is absolutely worth 25M.

Man U suck more than a Dyson Hoover and the only thing that sucks more is their fans' date=' 99% of whom have never seen them live!

Seriously... Anyone who didn't want Ramos to bolster their defence is a moron!...[/quote']

Ah, nice to have you back Garry.