Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Great to see Utd winning. Team full of youth players- HA Wenger.

Lingard, Januzaj, Wilson, Pereira, Darmian, Memphis all impressing, this Utd team is actually looking very good now! Pleased. Although we can't draw anything from pre-season (2014 anyone?), we still beat a strong enough Barca. The ICC is almost ours for the second year in a row (not like anyone really cares though). Good to hear Enrique praising Utd and citing them as a possible Treble contender this season, but I don't think so, yet. Not the CL, at any rate.

Also looks like AdM is off after not being on the plane- soon this goes through the better I guess. Shame it didn't work out.

Latest rumours linking us with Stones, Everton getting Evans plus cash- IMPROBABLE. If this happens, Woodward is a GOD.

Good match, Barcelona were missing a few and United did get lucky at points

I hope LVG takes his word back about Darmain, he should be 1st choice RB, he reading the game well, he capable to take on players

Shaw overlapping is going to cause problem for teams this year, I think taking a fitness coach on holiday has helped

Depay is doing something that United missed last season - making runs etc

Blind - still not sure with him, with his hair yesterday he looking like Jimmy Bullard

Still how is Smalling, Herrera, Schweinsteiger gonna fit in

Still transfers media going on, not sure if anything will happen

United have a really good chance of winning the league in my opinion, i might take 5/1 on them.

Arsenal are just focused on being higher than Spurs each season, Arsenal not improved defence and still don't understand why they need striker, Arsenal only has 1 way of playing, can't win dirty, thanks to Wenger stubbornness

AniAniAni, you say Chelsea need to replicate last season's performances, but at the end of last season, they got lucky 3 weeks in a row with keepers gifting them the win, they are the team to beat

City will leak goals as they haven't improved in the defence, they still got a lazy midfield, people gonna target Sterling

Liverpool needs miracles, really want Stoke to hit another 6-1 against them

Good match' date=' Barcelona were missing a few and United did get lucky at points

I hope LVG takes his word back about Darmain, he should be 1st choice RB, he reading the game well, he capable to take on players

Shaw overlapping is going to cause problem for teams this year, I think taking a fitness coach on holiday has helped

Depay is doing something that United missed last season - making runs etc

Blind - still not sure with him, with his hair yesterday he looking like Jimmy Bullard

Still how is Smalling, Herrera, Schweinsteiger gonna fit in

Still transfers media going on, not sure if anything will happen

United have a really good chance of winning the league in my opinion, i might take 5/1 on them.

Arsenal are just focused on being higher than Spurs each season, Arsenal not improved defence and still don't understand why they need striker, Arsenal only has 1 way of playing, can't win dirty, thanks to Wenger stubbornness

AniAniAni, you say Chelsea need to replicate last season's performances, but at the end of last season, they got lucky 3 weeks in a row with keepers gifting them the win, they are the team to beat

City will leak goals as they haven't improved in the defence, they still got a lazy midfield, people gonna target Sterling

Liverpool needs miracles, really want Stoke to hit another 6-1 against them

Our defence was the 3rd best in the league and our defensive record was the best over the final 19 games, conceded 13 over that period, next best defense over that stretch was Chelsea with 18 conceded, so I ask, where do you get that notion that our defense needs improvement?

Arsenal can't win dirty? You seem to forget that 8 game winning stretch...longest in the league

So, only one valid argument(ST) and the others are all washed up sentiments that have been gradually disproved over the past 2 seasons....

Our defence was the 3rd best in the league and our defensive record was the best over the final 19 games' date=' conceded 13 over that period, next best defense over that stretch was Chelsea with 18 conceded, so I ask, where do you get that notion that our defense needs improvement?

Arsenal can't win dirty? [b']You seem to forget that 10 game winning stretch...longest in the league[/b]

So, only one valid argument(ST) and the others are all washed up sentiments that have been gradually disproved over the past 2 seasons....

19 games don't win you the league, you forget about the other 19 games. Over the season conceded 4 goals less than you scored, even West Ham who finished 12th conceded less than Liverpool

Look at the top 6 head to head last year - 5th Liverpool won 3 draw 2 lost 5 for 15 against 20

Arsenal only knows how to 1 way play, your WRONG about the bit in bold

Go and learn stats before you try and argue

19 games don't win you the league' date=' you forget about the other 19 games. Over the season conceded 4 goals less than you scored, even West Ham who finished 12th conceded less than Liverpool

Look at the top 6 head to head last year - 5th Liverpool won 3 draw 2 lost 5 for 15 against 20

Arsenal only knows how to 1 way play, your WRONG about the bit in bold

Go and learn stats before you try and argue

[/quote']

I was referring to Arsenal, not Liverpool...if I was referring to Liverpool, I wouldn't have mentioned the 3rd best defense last season,because statistically, they were not......so, I am WRONG to quote a well known, existent stat that is Arsenal had a 8 game win streak? By that logic I can state that Aguero DIDN'T score 26 goals last season....your only valid argument raised against Arsenal is the striker situation.....try to read before conjuring up a response.....

I was referring to Arsenal' date=' not Liverpool...if I was referring to Liverpool, I wouldn't have mentioned the 3rd best defense last season,because statistically, they were not......your only valid argument raised against Arsenal is the striker situation.....try to read before conjuring up a response.....[/quote']

Arsenal - your wrong about 10 game winning streak, 9 wins 1 draw, that wasn't the longest unbeaten run before you say as that was Chelsea 16 then liverpool 13 then city 12.

still Arsenal top 6 head to head is bad - 4th, 2wins, 5 draws, 3 lost, 14 for, 13 against

Arsenal only conceded 1 less than United n 2 of City

still people talk about Metersaker as a mistake waiting to happen or how slow he is, or the weak link the Left back area

Still don't see improvement from Arsenal, you can say Cech, but he can only do so much

Look at last year CL, Arsenal were happy with Monaco, Monaco made the defence look easy

Arsenal - your wrong about 10 game winning streak' date=' 9 wins 1 draw, that wasn't the longest unbeaten run before you say as that was Chelsea 16 then liverpool 13 then city 12.

still Arsenal top 6 head to head is bad - 4th, 2wins, 5 draws, 3 lost, 14 for, 13 against

Arsenal only conceded 1 less than United n 2 of City

still people talk about Metersaker as a mistake waiting to happen or how slow he is, or the weak link the Left back area

Still don't see improvement from Arsenal, you can say Cech, but he can only do so much

Look at last year CL, Arsenal were happy with Monaco, Monaco made the defence look easy[/quote']

Did I say winning or unbeaten? 2 different things mate.....a bit hypocritical to question Arsenal's defence when you conceded a goal more then don't you say?

Monaco 3 Arsenal 1, if you want to quote a result showing shocking defending, can I quote Leicester's 5 goal tally or MK Dons 4 goal tally? All I'm saying is, if you want to critique other contenders' weaknesses, you shouldn't be so damn biased.....use facts, rather than pathetic stereotypes like Mertesacker being slow....besides, you'd be hard pressed to find an LB outside Azpilicueta who performed better than Monreal, who certainly performed better than any LB option you had last season....

Be OBJECTIVE.....

PS. Not too sure how draws contribute to WINNING streaks as you stated.....

Look mate, Nowhere did I say unbeaten run, I got the winning run stat off by 1 game, but my arguments still exist.....of all the things I've mentioned seem to have been avoided or ignored.....Hypocritical? Yessir, if you are willing to criticize Arsenal's defence but not apply that same logic to your team who conceded more(or since it's 1 goal, we may consider it equal) and hasn't made substantial improvements to the defence, then that my friend is hypocritical, if my definition of that term is right....... I'm game for constructive give and take discussions on other teams, including my own, but it's always better to be objective(naturally, we have bias, but strive to be somewhat objective) To slightly divert from this discussion, you mentioned earlier that Chelsea got lucky in the final 3 weeks with GKs granting them points......despite my apathy towards Chelsea, it's a bit rich IMO to say that, Man United finished if I'm correct, 17 pts behind Chelsea, 3 wks worth of points taken away from Chelsea still leaves them ahead of you...

Look mate' date=' Nowhere did I say unbeaten run, I got the winning run stat off by 1 game, but my arguments still exist.....of all the things I've mentioned seem to have been avoided or ignored.....Hypocritical? Yessir, if you are willing to criticize Arsenal's defence but not apply that same logic to your team who conceded more(or since it's 1 goal, we may consider it equal) and hasn't made substantial improvements to the defence, then that my friend is hypocritical, if my definition of that term is right....... I'm game for constructive give and take discussions on other teams, including my own, but it's always better to be objective(naturally, we have bias, but strive to be somewhat objective) To slightly divert from this discussion, you mentioned earlier that Chelsea got lucky in the final 3 weeks with GKs granting them points......despite my apathy towards Chelsea, it's a bit rich IMO to say that, Man United finished if I'm correct, 17 pts behind Chelsea, 3 wks worth of points taken away from Chelsea still leaves them ahead of you...[/quote']

Unfortunately what you need to learn about talentsearcher is he only has one outlook when debating football and that is with Man United tinted specs on. You can make as many points as you like, you can even supplement them with fact, but the fact of the matter is he is incapable of rationalising anything. I can only assume this is due to his inability to absorb anyone else's point of view which I imagine is just down to ignorance on his part.

Look mate' date=' Nowhere did I say unbeaten run, I got the winning run stat off by 1 game, but my arguments still exist.....of all the things I've mentioned seem to have been avoided or ignored.....Hypocritical? Yessir, if you are willing to criticize Arsenal's defence but not apply that same logic to your team who conceded more(or since it's 1 goal, we may consider it equal) and hasn't made substantial improvements to the defence, then that my friend is hypocritical, if my definition of that term is right....... I'm game for constructive give and take discussions on other teams, including my own, but it's always better to be objective(naturally, we have bias, but strive to be somewhat objective) To slightly divert from this discussion, you mentioned earlier that Chelsea got lucky in the final 3 weeks with GKs granting them points......despite my apathy towards Chelsea, it's a bit rich IMO to say that, Man United finished if I'm correct, 17 pts behind Chelsea, 3 wks worth of points taken away from Chelsea still leaves them ahead of you...[/quote']

DID YOU READ WHAT I WROTE - Your winning stat thing was wrong, so I took it as unbeaten run as it was an unbeaten run

Signing 2 DM in Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlain and a RB in Darmian isn't improving the side? you earlier talking about LB, I think Shaw could impress this season

I did mention that about Chelsea, and we would of still be behind but I'm trying to get on about AniAniAni post that chelsea would have to maintain last year preformance, that they got lucky 3 weeks in a row and last few weeks risky 1-0 etc

Your quoting Mkdons game and Leicester game, Look at the Line up in the MKDons side, only 1 player(atm) gets into United 1st team and thats the keeper. Leicester game where United were robbed, 1st goal - cross went over the line and Vardy basically assaulting Rafael, then going down soft in box. You seem to be forgetting LVG just came in, United were in his philosopy, United were stillin Moyes style. United now understands his philosopy.

Man United built where they need to atm, maybe 2 more signing might come in, United this summer has improved in areas needed, and LVG vs top 6 last year finished top

Man United built where they need to atm' date=' maybe 2 more signing might come in, United this summer has improved in areas needed, and LVG vs top 6 last year finished top [/quote']

Messi, Thiago Silva, Ronaldo and Ramos are all coming in, right? As well as Neuer if De Gea leaves.

Messi don't even want' date=' Silva not really after, other 2 who knows, I want Oblak to replace De Gea if he goes

[b']Sarcasm really is wasted on you isn't it?[/b]

Can we please have Tony back and in return remove TalentSearcher. At least there was occasions where Tony actually held his hands up and admitted he was wrong unlike this (insert expletive here.)

TalentSearcher sometimes you need to reign it in because I for one am really getting bored with your poor attempt at being Tony mark II. There are a couple of forumers, Dancpoli the most notable who is absent from this thread who always had something to say that was worth reading about Man United without bias and with a far more level headed approach. You are the polar opposite of him and it is becoming extremely tiresome now, you are not the only one with such a one sided version of everything that is Man United as there are many more on here like you but you have took it to another level.

Such a shame as I really just want Man United to fail because of supporters like yourself.

Can we please have Tony back and in return remove TalentSearcher. At least there was occasions where Tony actually held his hands up and admitted he was wrong unlike this (insert expletive here.)

TalentSearcher sometimes you need to reign it in because I for one am really getting bored with your poor attempt at being Tony mark II. There are a couple of forumers' date=' Dancpoli the most notable who is absent from this thread who always had something to say that was worth reading about Man United without bias and with a far more level headed approach. You are the polar opposite of him and it is becoming extremely tiresome now, you are not the only one with such a one sided version of everything that is Man United as there are many more on here like you but you have took it to another level.

Such a shame as I really just want Man United to fail because of supporters like yourself.

[/quote']

I am stating facts. stats and views, if you don't like it, don't comment - simple as that

Did arsenal go on a 10 game unbeaten run? is Dea Gea the only player that in 1st team that lost to MKDons last year? did the ball cross the line on Leicester 1st goal? people laughed at me and Tony saying we wouldn't get Di Maria, also laughed at Schweinsteiger.

Did I say Messi coming? Silva coming? Which other players like Ronaldo and Ramos or the mystery player I stated transfer talk mostly, for people views

I free to say my views, some like and some think its a joke

Your prob bitter than I said Newcastle ain't on the level as Everton

I am stating facts. stats and views' date=' if you don't like it, [b']don't comment - simple as that[/b]

Did arsenal go on a 10 game unbeaten run? is Dea Gea the only player that in 1st team that lost to MKDons last year? did the ball cross the line on Leicester 1st goal? people laughed at me and Tony saying we wouldn't get Di Maria, also laughed at Schweinsteiger.

Did I say Messi coming? Silva coming? Which other players like Ronaldo and Ramos or the mystery player I stated transfer talk mostly, for people views

I free to say my views, some like and some think its a joke

Your prob bitter than I said Newcastle ain't on the level as Everton

I will comment if I so wish, mate, the point I am trying to make which you quite simply do not seem to be able to grasp is that you quite simply believe EVERYTHING you read, and for that reason alone I feel really sorry for you. Why are you reiterating a point that was a talking point with someone else? That is a debate I have not, nor am I trying to involve myself in yet for some reason unbeknown to me you felt the need to bring it up again?

Did you lose your sanity pills in June 2009? That would account for the nonsense you have likely posted on and off for the last 6 years, most certainly ever since I have had the misfortune to come across your incessant drivel on here.

Lastly your final point really did make me chuckle because to be quite frank your opinion on my club, a club I go to the ground and watch (perhaps you should try it sometime) means nothing to me. To be bitter would mean I actually take your opinion on board, I don't nor do the vast majority on here and would you like to know why? Because people pity you, they feel sorry for you and your sheltered existence that anything that comes out in the press or whatever tabloids/website you use as your source(s) you take as gospel and ultimately you fall flat on your face time and again making you look a complete and utter tool.

I was merely trying to state you should get some perspective, because you are becoming tiresome and somewhat of an irritant much like herpes.