Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

How did United let that one happen' date=' But its true.[/quote']

Its a weird one.I actually Man U were messing around with him because they really want Muller,but Pedro was a back-up plan? I also think Pedro was a back-up plan for Chelsea,good player,but if Chelsea did not have such a bad start,I am convinced we would not be signing him.

Its a weird one.I actually Man U were messing around with him because they really want Muller' date='but Pedro was a back-up plan? I also think Pedro was a back-up plan for Chelsea,good player,but if Chelsea did not have such a bad start,I am convinced we would not be signing him.[/quote']

It does stink of a bit of a Panic buy, but he is a good player at a good price. hopefully he adapts.

I don't believe the transfer shambles that are unfolding now...... :mad:

Otamendi to City looking likely and now Pedro to Chelsea all but done.

Thats two of Uniteds biggest summer targets moving to rival clubs.

Got to think LVG has something up his sleeve surely otherwise that is two costly mistakes IMO.

Otamendi to City looking likely and now Pedro to Chelsea all but done.

Thats two of Uniteds biggest summer targets moving to rival clubs.

Got to think LVG has something up his sleeve surely otherwise that is two costly mistakes IMO.

Ridiculous. Woodward, wake up.

How is Muller going to move to Utd I have no idea. LvG please have something up your sleeve, please.

If the only reason for missing out on Pedro was to focus on Müller, I'll be very disappointed. Bayern won't sell two of their star players in one window, especially not for the price reported, which is around the 60M mark. Honestly, Müller is a 80M-player, and I don't think United will be able to offer that kind of money.

If the only reason for missing out on Pedro was to focus on Müller' date=' I'll be very disappointed. Bayern won't sell two of their star players in one window, especially not for the price reported, which is around the 60M mark. Honestly, Müller is a 80M-player, and I don't think United will be able to offer that kind of money.[/quote']

I think they can offer that much, but whether Bayern will sell is the question.

I feel beyond a point there is a price which Bayern will accept.

But I agree, leaving Pedro for Muller is disappointing indeed.

ESPN FC was told that conversations with former Barcelona teammates such as Cesc Fabregas and Victor Valdes have caused Pedro to reconsider his own first preference. Fabregas enjoyed a successful debut season with Chelsea' date=' winning the Premier League, while Valdes has been marginalised under Van Gaal at United.[/size']

lol, needed something to smile about.

I think they can offer that much' date=' but whether Bayern will sell is the question.

I feel beyond a point there is a price which Bayern will accept.

But I agree, leaving Pedro for Muller is disappointing indeed.[/quote']

I should rephrase my previous post.

If, and this is a huge if, United were able to lure Müller in this window, I would consider it to be a stroke of a genius. Two reasons:

Müller is top five, without a shadow of a doubt - easily the most underrated player in the world. There are only four attacking players I would rate over him at the moment; the four being Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez and Neymar (in that particular order). He's one of the few players I could actually imagine having a successful career in any decade of "modern footballl" (from the fifties all the way up to now). His style is somewhat unprecedented, as to the "untrained" eye, at times he looks like the goofiest player on the planet. However, ask any Bayern fan, any German or even anyone who watches him play on a somewhat regular basis, and they'll tell you that he's the star performer in the team more often than not. However, what makes him better than the other four (in my opinion) is the fact that he's complete - a complete footballer by all means. The other four can't hold a candle to his all-round play, starting from the way he does other people's work like it's his, to the way he's lethal when most needed. Fact: at this given moment, he is lightyears ahead of a player like Pedro, and that is what the price is for.

The second reason would be the way of having dealt with it. Pedro is/was an easy target, having a release fee and all that. He was bound to attract interest with those conditions, and that is exactly what United capitalised on, in the same way they seemingly looked to sign Nathaniel Clyne whilst working behind the curtains to get a (better) defender in the form of Matteo Darmian. It's all part of the job of keeping the club happy by showing serious intent, whilst also providing a facade to potentially get work done under the radar.

BBC mention 21m for Pedro. Hard to believe United let that slip as adds alot to the team. At Chelsea not so sure as quality already in attacking midfield.

Mane is exciting to watch but not convinced he is United starting quality at all. Muller is a fairy tale with 11 days in the window.

I should rephrase my previous post.

If' date=' and this is a huge if, United were able to lure Müller in this window, I would consider it to be a stroke of a genius. Two reasons:

Müller is top five, without a shadow of a doubt - easily the most underrated player in the world. There are only four attacking players I would rate over him at the moment; the four being Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez and Neymar (in that particular order). He's one of the few players I could actually imagine having a successful career in any decade of "modern footballl" (from the fifties all the way up to now). His style is somewhat unprecedented, as to the "untrained" eye, at times he looks like the goofiest player on the planet. However, ask any Bayern fan, any German or even anyone who watches him play on a somewhat regular basis, and they'll tell you that he's the star performer in the team more often than not. However, what makes him better than the other four (in my opinion) is the fact that he's complete - a complete footballer by all means. The other four can't hold a candle to his all-round play, starting from the way he does other people's work like it's his, to the way he's lethal when most needed. Fact: at this given moment, he is lightyears ahead of a player like Pedro, and that is what the price is for.

The second reason would be the way of having dealt with it. Pedro is/was an easy target, having a release fee and all that. He was bound to attract interest with those conditions, and that is exactly what United capitalised on, in the same way they seemingly looked to sign Nathaniel Clyne whilst working behind the curtains to get a (better) defender in the form of Matteo Darmian. It's all part of the job of keeping the club happy by showing serious intent, whilst also providing a facade to potentially get work done under the radar.

[/quote']

Muller better than Robben,Hazard,Reus and Bale?

Muller better than Robben' date='Hazard,Reus and Bale?[/quote']

Robben and Reus are injured far too often to be considered as top five, especially the latter.

Bale relies entirely on his physique to get the job done - his move to RM just accentuated that even more. He didn't even need to hit the gym and bulk up like he did; it was just RM's way of indirectly saying: "you need to become the next Ronaldo". And even Ronaldo, in my opinion, has regressed because of this, as a footballer nota bene, not as an athlete. He was way more skilful and "pleasing on the footballing eye" in his United days; something he is no longer because of his (forced?) change of style. Besides, Bale has struggled quite a bit in recent months (mainly with maintaining a consistent good form), and the "world's most expensive player" accolade hasn't done him too good either.

And to put Hazard in some kind of perspective, Bale "worst season" = Hazard's "outstanding season". Still a long way to go for the Belgian before he can be considered as a world beater, at least in my opinion. As Stuart said, Aguero has a stronger shout of being in that "top five" for obvious reasons, but the sole reason as to why I rate Müller higher is because of Agüero's injury record. A fantastic player nevertheless.

Robben and Reus are injured far too often to be considered as top five' date=' especially the latter.

Bale relies entirely on his physique to get the job done - his move to RM just accentuated that even more. He didn't even need to hit the gym and bulk up like he did; it was just RM's way of indirectly saying: "you need to become the next Ronaldo". And even Ronaldo, in my opinion, has regressed because of this, as a footballer nota bene, not as an athlete. He was way more skilful and "pleasing on the footballing eye" in his United days; something he is no longer because of his (forced?) change of style. Besides, Bale has struggled quite a bit in recent months (mainly with maintaining a consistent good form), and the "world's most expensive player" accolade hasn't done him too good either.

And to put Hazard in some kind of perspective, Bale "worst season" = Hazard's "outstanding season". Still a long way to go for the Belgian before he can be considered as a world beater, at least in my opinion. As Stuart said, Aguero has a stronger shout of being in that "top five" for obvious reasons, but the sole reason as to why I rate Müller higher is because of Agüero's injury record. A fantastic player nevertheless.[/quote']

You would be mad to rate Muller ahead of Aguero :)